Is Infinite looping as bad as camping?

TheButcher6641
TheButcher6641 Member Posts: 252
edited January 2021 in General Discussions

What are your thoughts and opinions on the matter?

Post edited by TheButcher6641 on

Comments

• TheButcher6641

Ok, I didn't say it was. I was merely starting a conversation/debate as to whether people thought it was as bad or not. Plus if you had read my statement properly you would have seen that I said area camping not hook camping/face camping. Please only contribute to the conversation if you have something productive to add.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

In what context are you asking if Looping is as "bad"?

Because one could argue that Camping is bad because it's not an effective strategy in most cases... If you mean "bad" in the context of Camping is bad, because it is deemed as 'wrong/unfair', fundamentally that is a part of the game... and it is well within the rules.

For me personally, they are both different because one requires thinking the other does not. One you basically remain idle while moving back and forth, and the other (even if you have a good set up) you still have to call out the killer's next move, and mind-game where possible. As I said that's my personal view.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

loop it up they weren't meant for the game the game was hide and seek game survivor find the way to loop and the dev kept them now they are part of the game.

as killer you normal wouldn't like loops because killers want to end the chase soon as they can because gen pop to fast.

if gens didn't go as fast killer would like chasing a lot more but how the game is that not the case.

hillbilly in your name I can see why you like chases try slower killer see if you still like them.

• PatWesker
    PatWesker Member Posts: 252

Camping is toxic since the killer enables a player to play or have the possibility to be saved. Also, campers don't show any skills by doing that.

On the other side, looping shows skills you get by playing again and again. A good killer will prevent looping by practicing chases technics.

According to me, campers don't get any skills by camping because they just... camp... they stay at a spot, they don't really play.

Also, maps and vaults are made FOR looping, otherwise, what do you want for a survivor to do in a chase? Just in a straight line until he gets down?

I'm just ######### about that post lol.

Just get better, that's it

• TheButcher6641

If you had thoroughly read my post you would have both seen that I am not saying that looping is as bad as camping but merely asking if you thought that way. If you can't be bothered to properly read before you post or you can't respect other peoples' opinions then you are not contributing anything to the dbd community.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Hey the only part that was unnecessary was the end. He compared the 2 and put his thoughts on it. The way he spoke answered your post and can help others decide if they choose to read. What he did was well within bounds of the argument. The only worthless contribution was his insult at the end. And just so you wont call me out for not answering no looping is not as bad as camping it's annoying. But not as bad

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

While I find camping to be unbelievably dull and so never do it (aside from the EGC if I'm losing and need to rely on an altruism trap to secure a kill or two) I don't think it shows "no skill," I'm sure that if there was a no-holds barred tournament where the only rule was to win, even highly skilled players would choose camping, because it guarantees that you're either going to kill someone early, which massively increases your chances of winning, or you're going to get a free hit and maybe another down. If it's clear no one is coming after a little while, you can simply resume patrols after a hook state change, turning one hook into two, but not camping so long you let every gen pop.

Obviously it depends on the killer, the maps, the perks, etc. I think camping is often a "smart" play in that it gives you a massive advantage for very little effort, much like a god window or a god pallet, though obviously to a different extent.

• TheButcher6641

I may have been a little harsh but I can't stand toxic people within the community and I think it was fair of you to defend him as he did add some valuable points.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

At least you are not belligerent. His insult was definitely toxic and pointless. But that is how this community is sometimes.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

LMFAO THIS CAN'T BE REAL!

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Some loops can be highly frustrating but here’s the deal.

If you’re playing survivor, and you’re being camped on the hook, there’s is absolutely nothing you personally can do about it.

If however you’re playing killer, and you’re at a particularly strong loop with a skilled survivor, you are NOT forced to stay there. You can choose to drop the chase and try and find a weaker target, or someone near weaker structures.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531

Um wut

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

AND if you find looping to be THAT frustrating, learn Clown.

It’s exactly why I’ve mained him (and refined how I play him) since release. Gas where survivors need to run along the loop to reach a pallet or a vault, and 99.99% of the time you’re guaranteed a hit.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

You one of those "STOP RESISTING MY MURDER ATTEMPT" types? Looping is pretty much the only thing survivors have outside of certain perks.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,112

Looping is a viable tactic. Sometimes it can turn the game into a Benny Hill spin-off (damn you, Midwich!!), but it's a fair tactic. Personally cannot see it being as bad as camping.

With regards to area camping .. y'know, considering it's also a viable tactic and a decent way to lure survivors in for a few decent hits it's not as toxic as some might think. It's certainly a risky play by the killer - it could result in a gen rush only caused by the killer's stubborness. Maybe it's worth changing "area camping" to "patrolling"?

I think the bad play comes into face-camping/tunneling, which both go hand in hand. That's when it is considered toxic. Even then, it's best to actually consider whether the killer is tunneling, or if the survivor claiming this is just putting themself into harm's way.

• TheButcher6641

I didn't say it was as bad as camping. I was merely starting a conversation/debate as to whether people thought it was as bad or not. Plus if you had read my statement properly you would have seen that.

• jarjargist21
    jarjargist21 Member Posts: 444

Looping isn't fun for the killer. It makes them waste time with how fast the gens go.

Take this for example you down one survivor after 20 seconds of looping. 2 gens would pop as soon you hook or down them.

Then it starts all over again and now you only have one gen left with 4 or 5 hooks in the whole game.

Gens goes to fast and in my opinion the killers move to slow. The game itself is more frustrating then it is fun.

Don't get me wrong I love playing the game but it's more survivor sided it makes the game a bit boring after awhile.

Saying looping isn't frustrating is like saying camping isn't frustrating.

Now I only camp at end when I have no choice too. I mean what am I supposed to do all the gens are done and both gates will be 99.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I'm respecting and listening to your opinion man. I'm just confused. xD

• PatWesker
    PatWesker Member Posts: 252
    edited October 2020

I said my point, and I'm answering that camping is worse than looping and said why, if you can't be bothered to properly read what I was saying, then you are not contributing to your own post.

You mad for nothing bro, would say that you just don't respect my opinion and that's why you post that useless answer

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Wait wait wait, when did looping became bad???

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Lol wat. Looping is the only part of the game that survivors and killers interact with each other and where you get to show some skill. Camping is completely uninteractive and shows 0 skill but I also couldn't care less about it. If you think camping is fun and what you need to do to win or whatever it's your life go for it. Camping pallets however...I just want to sit these people down and have a very long discussion on efficiently using pallets. There's more to chases than standing at a piece of wood and pressing space when the bad guy comes near you.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Um... Looping is playing the game. Camping is NOT playing the game.

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97

Looping isn't meant for the game how tf are you supposed to survive a killer??? You have limited resources on the map as far as pallets. So when the killer chases you, you should just throw down all the pallets?

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,465

Looping isn't too bad, the 100% safe loops are annoying as a killer. They are there so please don't try to tell me they're not.

Camping is a lot worse at times. I'm not innocent of this in any way but when someone gets face camped it's annoying. watching a hook is not the same thing.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

Looping is not wrong, camping is not wrong. Do what you have to do in the role you are playing.

• InsidousEqualWin
    InsidousEqualWin Member Posts: 36

Just because there annoying doesn't mean there not viable strategies

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

B R U H

• djlx417
    djlx417 Member Posts: 10

I play both sides so i have a lot of experience with both.

Looping is not as bad as camping. I cant hop off the hook and switch killers if im getting proxy camped with 4 gens left.

Killer can break chase. It sucks and can be a shot to someone's pride, but switching pressure can hopefully result in a quick down vs continuing chase and trying to defend the hook with 3 healthy survivors swarming it during egc.

This game is always changing. It has been heavily survivor sided in the past and as a survivor main, i still feel that its survivor sided. It is the most balanced it's been though... EVER.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277
    edited October 2020

game was meant as hide and seek if you start getting chased oh well but I heard that loop at the start of this game life loop were not meant for this game just happened survivor find the loops I think.

@Orion say it best in this thread.

so no looping was not alway intended.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
  • I think most of the loops. Are to weak and need some pallet regeneration like the hooks do. After 120sec or somewhere in that area.

• Maybe you should Learn how to play the game. Sounds like you dont know how to be a killer.. Smh

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Shrug. It really depends on context.

If I hook someone and have gens in the area, damn straight I'm going to patrol. Like - I'm not going to let you unhook safely if I see you coming.

A better question is - why do killers feel the need to camp? Is it because they are getting thrown up against far more experienced survivors, because killer matchmaking was quietly removed? Is it because they are getting put up against smurfcomps? Is it because certain items, keys in particular require a killer to remove a survivor from the game ASAP?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

The only thing they have in common is they can both punish the killer. If the killer is being looped for a prolonged period then gens will pop. Likewise if the team is smart they'll pop the gens if the killer decides to camp a hook.

• DFP
    DFP Member Posts: 156

Godloops make me want to be able to hurl a manifestation of my spite through the screen because even a monkey can use them again and again to waste my time if they recognize them. Usually everyone can and switching targets just ends up in a race not to let them get to said loop.

That said, camping as a subject can't really compare, because as others have stated above everyone has a differing opinion of what defines camping, whereas looping is a well defined singularity.

TLDR; Bleep good loopers, 99% loops fine AND dandy, Camping is as art.

• TheButcher6641
    edited October 2020

For what feels like the hundredth time, I did not say looping WAS as bad as camping but was merely asking if anybody thought that it was. And many people have given good and valuable points, however you have not. Instead of insulting me or making spiteful comments maybe you could add something productive to the discussion

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

your trolling

• TheButcher6641

Again, I did not say looping was as bad as camping but was just asking if anybody thought that it was.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

If you don't like looping then you would probably be better off with another game as it is the game.

Getting chased is THE gameplay of survivors and looping is the best and tbh only way to do it.

In the old days with infinites and pallet vacuum you had a point.

Nowadays complaining about looping is like complaining about getting zoned in a fighting game. Sure it's frustrating when you don't know what to do aģainst it but when you do know it's not that bad

This discussion has been closed.