Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers should be able to kick individual people out of lobbies

This would help survivors find a match better

Comments

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@greenzebra64 said:

i already dont wear my P3 bloody clothing on nea due to the killer always doging the lobby. i also have to switch at the last second if i want to bring a item to stop the killer from putting on Franklins/lightborn or dodging.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Tsulan said:
    Guys, guys, please stop!
    OP is right. The killer should have a way to at least initiate a vote kick. Where 2 survivors have to click yes in order to kick that particular survivor.
    Why? Because more often than not, I dodge lobbies with abysmal pings. Because someone from the other end of the world thinks it's a good idea to click ready on a 500+ ping.
    Being able to kick that survivor would give the other players a faster match. Since they don't have to rematch
    That's actually a decent idea. I've had plenty of people join my killer matches with 800 ping and decide to bring their Nurse powers in. I always have to close that lobby and lose the survivors with 50-60 ping because of that. 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Tsulan said:
    Guys, guys, please stop!
    OP is right. The killer should have a way to at least initiate a vote kick. Where 2 survivors have to click yes in order to kick that particular survivor.
    Why? Because more often than not, I dodge lobbies with abysmal pings. Because someone from the other end of the world thinks it's a good idea to click ready on a 500+ ping.
    Being able to kick that survivor would give the other players a faster match. Since they don't have to rematch.
    @Tsulan op never said anything about vote to kick, that's why i found it so funny.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Vote kick, if it could only be initiated by the Killer, might work to kick out high ping Survivors, since Killers can't communicate with Survivors, but no one player should have the ability to remove another one from the lobby.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Orion said:

Vote kick, if it could only be initiated by the Killer, might work to kick out high ping Survivors, since Killers can't communicate with Survivors, but no one player should have the ability to remove another one from the lobby.

This is more reasonable. The ping of fellow survivors is revealed the killer and survivours and a vote to kick can be initiated. 
  • Greater_Cultist
    Greater_Cultist Member Posts: 81

@greenzebra64 said:

This could easily be abused by an overly-picky person, so therefore I'd say no. I'd love to ban OchiDO and his toxic lads from all my games, but if it means the Dwighter27 gets kicked for bringing a Brown Toolbox or for wearing P3 then I'd prefer that it would just stay as it is.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Only if it only allow you to kick people with garbage ping that don't want to leave the lobby despite having 300+ ping

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Vietfox said:
    Tsulan said:
    Guys, guys, please stop!
    Being able to kick that survivor would give the other players a faster match. Since they don't have to rematch.
    @Tsulan op never said anything about vote to kick, that's why i found it so funny.
    It's ok, that's why I offered an alternative. 
    Simply kicking would be abused. You are all right with that. But initiating a vote kick would give a fair chance and let survivors know why. Instead of simply dodging. 
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:

Tsulan said:

Guys, guys, please stop!

It's ok, that's why I offered an alternative. 
    Simply kicking would be abused. You are all right with that. But initiating a vote kick would give a fair chance and let survivors know why. Instead of simply dodging. 

Vote kick could happen... if we had dedicated servers and knew each others ping without writing it in chat

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

The issue with vote kicking is the same that's happened in every other game, it gets abused by people wanting only someone they like or meta picks.

I've always wanted to be able to set a reasonable ping limit so that if say an 80 ping person joins (yes it's happened and they didn't get kicked). That the game would auto kick them and only them a reasonable limit would be 250 ping but it'd have to be constant.

But not where it's checking for EAC authentication and spikes then lowers once it gets a response. that'd be a reasonable limit. Which would also allowing people to connect and verify since it also tends to spike for everyone when someone joins.

The other issue with ping is that killers love to alt tab and check profiles to see how many achievements someone has before deciding to dodge etc. That always spikes everyone' s ping up as well, add in if the person a streamer etc.

(off topic they need to hide names in chat so streamers don't get sniped and killers can't dodge because they don't like someone. It'd also keep people from dodging in lobby because they don't like who's there.)

• xxDeAd_SiLeNcE
    xxDeAd_SiLeNcE Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2018
    There are moments I agree with this (high ranked survivors in my experience almost always body block because they know the griefing system doesn’t do jack ****) but overall this is a terrible idea as others have said above. If the reason for this idea isn’t so much ping but more the fact that higher ranks are toxic af, then there’s not much you can do. Devs just need to figure out a way to quit giving in to whining survivor mains and actually punish them for exploiting the game; devs seem to be fine with fixing face camping killers by making unhooking work from more directions but if a survivor is toxic then killers just have to deal with it apparently. I call BS on that.
  • PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

@ToxicTapp said:
    Yeah because it would be fun to get kicked out just because you did something the killer doesn't want. Kick out anyone who brings an item? kick out anyone with legacy? a p3 Claudette? This could be abused really easily and wouldn't be fun.

Ehhhh, I wouldn't mind kicking people who had 400 ping and refused to leave the other 3 people who have 90 ping. They just screw up the game for everyone and usually die first cause they lag like #########.

This discussion has been closed.