The Time Has Finally Come

RizeAki
RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

While I know a lot of people may not care I still want to put out my feelings and opinions on something. After months of stressful and boring gameplay I am officially leaving the game and possibly the forums until some change happens, if it ever does. On the killer side I find games too stressful to try and even play for fun I have to sweat constantly a lot. On survivor I find it too boring with it being a loading screen simulator. If they fix the major issues at some point I will possibly come back, but with how the developers seem to work I don’t see that happening. So after two years this is my goodbye to all of y’all and may things get better for those that remain to play before it becomes too late. Goodbye 🥺🥺

Comments

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

You'll be back... They always find their way back home.

After playing through all the BS this game had when it first started I think I'm in for the long haul

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Dude feelsbad. I feel also the same about the current state of the game. Hope you're gonna come back to this game <3

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

See you October 21 on halloween event. You're not gonna miss this, cut the bs.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Hopefully DBD will be in a better place if and when you make a return. So long.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341

Give it a year or two, maybe it will be an okay game then.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
  • Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    edited October 2020

Just imagine for a minute thinking killer is still stressful after being handed a fast mobile killer with virtually no cooldown and the most broken perk build AND a wall hack add-on for sweet icing on top. The devs can nerf survivors so they can't run and killers will still complain and threaten to quit.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Take care of yourself

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Killer is really not that bad. Maybe 1 in 10 games are actually somewhat of a challenge. It's never been easier to play killer. That's probably not the reason for op quitting but still, killer and survivor are of very similar difficulty now and there's no denying that. Especially with ruin+undying

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

When people stop buying Rifts, Rift tiers, skins and Macrotransactions.. they'll have no choice but to improve the game. Too many people playing the game sadly won't stop.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Sucks you feel that way.

I'm content with how things are now, but no one would deny improvements.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I'm making it an us Vs them just because I'm not agreeing with the majority on the forum? I have played killer at red ranks so I'll talk: killer is quite easy even at red ranks. This entire game is easy to play, it's as simple as it gets: kill survivors or survive against a killer. Nothing in this game is particularly complex or complicated, it was literally designed that way. Sorry that it's not aligning with your agenda but that's just how it is. I'm not biased because I find a role easy, ######### is it with you people? If someone doesn't agree with you they're not allowed to have an opinion?

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Release our new 3 skins and one being a legendary skin to avoid this theme!

• RizeAki

Map changes, pallet and loop rng, and broken combos left alone for the sole purpose they belong to licensed characters

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I haven’t been able to even force myself to play for a month, but I’m coming back tomorrow for the event. Not looking forward to it but oh well. Need to complete the next tome anyways

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I agree. A lot about the game has been bugging me lately. It runs like crap even though my PC is well beyond what the game needs, even on lowest settings I can get stutter at times. Theres bugs, bugs and more bugs, all the sound issues make the game frustrating.

Then they nerf a viable killer just because survivors cried but with no compensation.

The reason it bugs me so much is how it was done. We all knew what they put out on the ptb wouldnt be the final product, we all knew he was getting nerfed harder....so why both with putting that version on the ptb in the first place?

Secondly its the spineless attitude they have. “Its not intended as a nerf”, umm everyone and their mothers can see its fully intended as a nerf. Why not just grow a backbone and say “yeah we’re nerfing him”. You say to address feedback from both sides but cleary this was all about survivors complaints.

No serum this year either. They aren’t even pretending to be in this for the love anymore its all about the money. People say they were worse under Starbreeze but remember under Starbreeze they even had free dlc and were much less predatory when it comes to taking your money than they are now.

Basically a cash grab company with no respect for the fans trying to milk a game for every penny they can before its dried up. Along with a development team who have such little respect for the players they can’t ever be honest or truthful with them.

I’m out too.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I'm considering quitting too, this game is starting to run its course and is getting rather unpleasant to play.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650
    edited October 2020

Every map change in the last year has been pro-killer, including making most pallets unsafe, removing loops and opening up spaces and reducing square footage. And if you don't tunnel and slug you will never encounter DS or UB so easy peasy fixes to both.

To OP, I feel everything you are saying. When I started playing this game is was fire and I loved it and could while away hours playing like it was nothing. Now if I play 3 matches before leaving to play something else it is a red letter day. Just sucked most of the fun out of it over the last year and half.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

Feel you, havent played it in about a month and the first day i play it again the frames are so bad its literally unplayable because of the recent update.

Really, really starting to think its not worth it to headache over it so much and move on to other things.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

This is why I'm trying not to take another break from this game! The more brakes I take, the harder it becomes for me to comeback to this game because ik that BHVR isn't going to do anything about the games health!

• michaelmorton
    michaelmorton Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2020

I have 2k pluss hours I've been playing since doctor's release I took a couple breaks here and there I took a break when ghost face came out and came back when pyramid Head came out me and my long time friend who has way more hours than we started playing immediately I found that playing killer was just anoying and not fun but survivor was alright but it became very stale then came the Billy rework and we both agreed that it was so unnecessary and there was way more bigger priorities in the game that could have been done for example balancing the game more we saw that the devs were taking unnecessary changes that nobody really wanted and that's pretty much the turning point when we just both kind of agreed that this game was not going to get better I really wanted this game to succeed because there is no other game like it but the way and the direction that it's going is not good and it's kind of sad but it's true he quit a few weeks ago but I kept going on it cuz one of my friends who just got internet and it was his first time playing in three years so we started grinding the hell out of the game and that's when it really came to me that it's not getting better and it's becoming worse he instantly became a spirit man and even playing spirit and he got decent with her he's right now in the boat where he's really hopeful for the game kind of like I used to but it's starting to Dawn on him that the devs are not taking the game in the good direction even right now I was super excited for Halloween event cuz I actually thought it would give me more of incentive to have fun but it looks like they're not even going to be earnable the cosmetics and that just shows you what the devs priorities is even the event cosmetics of the past becoming free for everyone which was a really kick in the dick for people who actually took the time to earn those which my friend actually worked his ass off during the first moon rise event to earn the thing men and David cosmetic only having two days to grind it and once he saw that it was free it really turned him off in the game and it really did me too which I never was able to earn them back then cuz I didn't play as much I never want to use it cuz I know I didn't earn it but the devs just don't care about anything but you know those cosmetics that it's really ruining the game because they're putting away too much time into it they have a great design team cosmetics look great but it's just not going in the best direction sorry for the really long posts but if this is true that these hollow blight cosmetics aren't going to be earned I think I'm quitting the game because that would be turning the most anticipated event into a complete cash grab and that's going to be it for me I hope that they prove me wrong and improve this game but for right now I think it's time for me to go away because there's just more games coming out that have more my attention and I won't have time anymore for dead by daylight cuz the grind isn't going to keep me anymore and I think the grind is really the only reason that most people are playing because when you look at it the grind is the only thing that really keeps the game together and that's no longer a thing that's keeping me liking the game and I think it's just time to go

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on
  • RizeAki

They just added infinite’s back to Macmillan with that latest update that’s heavily survivor sided for a feature that was suppose to be killer sided in nature. There is too much wrong to talk about with your thing on ds+ub go watch some Scott Jund or other creators on this topic and you might change your mind.

• RizeAki

I actually thought about playing the new event and deciding if I just want a month break or to leave but there isn’t even an event this year :(

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

No matter who watch I will not change my mind about tunneling and slugging (although slug has some practical uses) for the most part they are trash plays.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

when I moved it off of hdd and onto even a sata ssd a lot of those stutters stopped, afterward most stutters which were few seemed related to packet loss or in game bugs like the one dead hard used to have (maybe still does for some people) or the poorly optimized spots/look direction in maps.

• RaSavage42

You do you... take a break from the game... take care of yourself first

Come back when you want to

• RizeAki

Hopefully with more people now tired of their bs they either make a change or die very soon. And if it’s the first then yay I can come back to a game I’ve always loved. I’ll always love dbd I just can’t stand how the developers are ruining it with greed. If they don’t change they will die soon especially now that they actually have competition to compete with.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Story of my said life. You got me BHVR, except you nerf nurse and "Mettle of Man" again.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

See ya tomorrow

• RaSavage42

Well... I hope so as well

If it takes something major to happen to enlighten the devs then we will make it happen (for better or worse)

Players will always have a game they love... for me it was Twisted Metal

Players should also have a backup game or two they can play "on the side"

As for competition it was inevitable... But now it is the point of no return

As I said before... Take care of yourself we (I) will be here to welcome you back if/when you feel like coming back

Good Luck :)

• RizeAki

Y’all the reason this game is crap the ones that let them ruin the game and stick by it and just assume there is no issue and no one actually quits the game. Look at the steam charts alone 9k people quit within just 30 days. Most of ps4 has left as the game is unplayable. If we could see stats on other consoles it would probably be around half those numbers on each one. So obviously people aren’t “coming back tomorrow” and pc has an even better game now to play so they don’t have to comeback for a “fun” horror game.

• RaSavage42

@RizeAki

I also won't be playing much.... Xbox Ultimate expired yesterday

So maybe I'll take the time to write myself a chapter for the game (me being both killer and survivor... should be fun... right?)