Boil Over basekit?

Options
Funchal
Funchal Member Posts: 43
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

(Google Translate)

Title

In addition, I think an increase in weegle speed after being grabbed by the killer after 25-30 seconds of getting off the hook is an interesting addition to discourage tunneling.

Maybe ignore Iron Grasp?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,429
    Options

Why?

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Not just no, but hell no. Wiggle is not meant to be a second chance, it's meant to stop killers from carrying you around all match. Imagine boil over basekit with flip flop, sabo, and breakout. You would never get a hook as killer.

• Funchal
    Options

To discourage tunneling, I was clear that it would be functional after getting off the hook and being grabbed right afterwards

This example you gave would be very specific and would require interaction with your teammates, if you as a killer insist on tunneling knowing this scenario, you more than ever deserve to lose the hook

I also think that with this addition it would be easier to fix the DS as it would no longer be mandatory to use it

• VLight
    VLight Member Posts: 126
    Options

There's already perks to discourage tunneling and a good team will always punish tunneling. We don't need to make this game even more Rank 15 friendly.

• Funchal
    Options

Are you sure that this game is friendly with players new enough to dismiss this suggestion?

Do you really think DBD is friendly with casual players?

I truly believe that this game needs to add QoL changes basekit as soon as possible and stop trying to fix it with Perks, you will never make the meta more malleable when the only options to avoid frustration are in those perks

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

Sometimes tunneling is required. The killer is not obligated to give free unhooks or to let survivor mistakes slide. There are already anti tunneling perks in this game and survivors are already the power role, they dont need more.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 872
    Options

I used to loveee Boil Over on certain maps back in the day. It was rare but it would get killers to bump into trees and doorways sometimes being just enough to save your life. Now though some areas have like 3 hooks practically right beside each other. Playing killer against Boil Over is a joke so I’m not against removing all hook aura and increasing wiggle effectiveness up to let’s say 100%.. even if it was buffed astronomically then hangman’s would counter it but I still think old hangman’s was just as useless but far superior in it’s own way.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

Not certain that it's necessary. The current wiggle can still cause issues (with exception of Iron Grasp or Agitation), but those perks are there to negate that. The current Boil Over is for those who want to create further havoc.

• Funchal
    Options

The current Boil Over is for those who want to waste perk slot, did you mean

It's too horrible to be considered a perk, but I think it's enough to be passive

• Funchal
    Options

I'm a main killer and I know exactly when tunneling is necessary, but this change would be to have something other than DS to do against it

If the scenario that our colleague described up there were to happen, the survivors would be there pissing the killer instead of making gen. Just drop it and chase someone else

Funny how nobody talks about DS with open gate

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

Not all perks are meant to be powerful. If the killer is being pestered by team mates this will work as a situational perk. So if it was basekit then with a good team, hooks would be so much more difficult. The killer has done the hard work downing a survivor. Survivors should only have so many chances to escape hooking.

• VLight
    VLight Member Posts: 126
    Options

But why should Killers be punished for doing their objective as quickly as possible? By that logic, then Survivors should be punished for doing gens quickly. Tunneling is the Killer equivalent of gen rush; gen rushing is doing the objective quickly, and tunneling is doing the objective quickly. Bad Killers will just brainlessly tunnel and that will lose them the game, meaning good Killers know when to tunnel and when not to, but with the amount of second chance perks, it's difficult. This shouldn't be buffed. And also, a good enough Survivor will always run the Killer around even when being tunneled, which makes the Killer lose. To counter the other team doing the objective as quickly as possible, you bring perks and playstyles to counter it; that's the whole point of perks.

And yes, the game is very casual-player friendly. At causal level play, this game is more balanced than people think. Obviously, at lower level play, Killers are too strong and at higher level play, Survivors are too strong though.

QoL changes are definitely needed, however, your example isn't QoL since it changes the core balance of the game.