Iron grasp VS Agitation

Options

Simple, which one is better in your eyes?

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

I actually really love agitation. It can get you in front of flashlight saves pretty often.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2020
    Options

I think Agitation is better because is more versatile and it lets you carry further.

Let me explain Iron Grasp is only useful if you go for a hook thats more than 16 seconds away from you, if you hook before that it gives you pretty much nothing, less bumping while struggling is barely noticeable unless you are in a corridor with a lot of debris.

On the other hand, Agitation is useful even if you are going for a closer hook because you will reach it faster, its giving you a benefit no matter where you hook, it also increases your TR by 12 metres which can be useful if paired with TR perks like Unnverving or Coulrophobia, also increased speed while carrying may give you a hit or even a down against body blockers.

For raw data (source the wiki):

• Iron Grasp lets you carry a Survivor for 17,9 seconds for 65,9 extra meters.
    • Agitation lets you carry for 69,44 extra metres at 4,34 m/s.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I use both with Mad Grit. :P

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited October 2020
    Options

Agitation.

Their struggling barely ever is a bother and i legit can't remember the last time someone escaped my grasp because i got stuck on something, and more movement speed means you spend less time carrying them.

I mean, imagine if Iron Grasp doubled your carry time and Agitation doubled your movement speed.

Ignoring the actual numbers that it would produce on the Perks, wouldn't Agitation sound way better to you?

• DanPie
    DanPie Member Posts: 19
    Options

must be some intense drugs youre on, whats the 4th perk you run then lol?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Currently it is Surge, as it lets me kinda slow down gens without having to skip a beat.

• DanPie
    DanPie Member Posts: 19
    Options

yeah that's true, is it worth it to run though? I feel like id perform better in so many situations with agitation but i dont know if its worth a perk slot.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

It's one of those things that's actually really neat to have...But the Perk slot is too precious.

Back when it was just the original 3 Killers i actually had this on a lot, but now i'm having a hard time even just freeing up 1 slot in my main build.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options

The best killers for Agitation are Trapper and Hag. If the worst case scenario happens and you down the survivors outside your web, Agitation can help you bring them closer to your territory.

Outside of that and basement meme builds I don't use it.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Agitation is just better in every way.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I like to use both.

I call it the “Hook Buffet” combo.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Iron grasp is only good for basement builds, and even then basement builds aren't exactly designed to win effectively, only to annoy. I use agitation on nurse and wraith sometimes. Nurse doesn't usually need to slug all that much and wraith is good at the whole "down, hook, pop, down, hook"...etc so I sometimes replace spirit fury with agi. He's the only killer I still run pop on so anything to get me to hooks faster I'll take.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543
    Options

"Iron grasp is only good for basement builds"

These, because if you're running one you might as well at least one other perk. I like basement Myers because it takes two people to guarantee a basement pull and you can just pop Tier 3 when that happens.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Agitation. It's Iron Grasp but better, because the only reason to equip Iron Grasp is to carry survivors further, but you carry survivors further with Agitation than you do with Iron Grasp and you also can get sneaky hits on overconfident survivors.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Distance you can travel with Iron Grasp = 65.9m

Distance you can travel with Agitation = 69.44m.

So not only can you actually go further with Agi, you can get there faster too. It is the clear winner. Not to mention that hooks are everywhere, so without either you are pretty much guaranteed to reach a hook. Doing it faster will always be better.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395
    Options

Agitation is objectively better for transportation, and its qol benefit (faster than a surv) vs Iron Grasp's (reduced wiggle) is also better IMO, as well as the fact that if iron grasp were to have any impact, it means you took a really long time to hook anyways

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

I just started and I run IG since I had trouble finding hooks lol

Agi sounds better number wise so may switch it up. Also tempted to run a basement build with Myers/Leatherface

BBQ/Insidious/Agi/Whispers

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,556
    Options

Definitely I'd go for Agi over IG but I don't run either in my build as I don't have much problem getting to hooks.