PS4 Version is unplayable after latest Update.

The Framerate of the game is, at times, unbearable on Playstation 4 since the latest update. Not just on new maps -- which I haven't had the chance to test yet -- but even on old maps. I don't know about PS4 Slim, but at the very least on the original PS4 the game is simply unplayable at the moment. If this were a slight dip in framerate, I probably wouldn't notice. But the game runs like a slideshow. And I'm not exaggerating. At times it runs better than others, but it's a very noticeable dip in performance. I hope the developers are able to fix this issue for those of us playing on PS4, though I doubt they'll be able to fix it in time for us to participate in the upcoming event. I'm sure others can testify to how bad the fps issue is on PS4 (and maybe other consoles as well? I'm not sure, as I do not own an XBOX One to test it out on).

Comments

• Kathpatty
    Kathpatty Member Posts: 19

Yes I noticed immediately that something was way off from prior to update. Movement is off. Camera is difficult. But maps are wonderful

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

I play on ps4 original, crossplay off. I played about a dozen survivor matches today and every single one was pretty painful from all the stuttering. I had several on new maps and they are just as bad as the old maps. Towards end of my session the last few killers just resorted to camping at first hook - guessing the stuttering was getting to them and they just wanted to secure atleast one kill for the match.

• Deceiverface
    Deceiverface Member Posts: 1

I agree with you. I have this issues on my Ps4 Slim too. FPS drops at start of game, generator repairs, and skill trials. I can't play 👎🏻

• Kathpatty
    Kathpatty Member Posts: 19

It is really bad again today. Lost my challenge button after completing, had to reload and lost what I had completed. A game also failed to save. The movement is so jerky on the characters, bump into things hard to run away due to impaired movement.....

is PS 4 being looked at?

• talikh
    talikh Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2020

I think we all have this problem, we can notice it at the beginning of the game when the camera goes around your character.

Before the framerate was bad, but nos it s awful.

I'm getting sick of this game