Why does graphics update = can't see a thing?

Why does every graphics update have to mean you cant see sh*t as killer? I just played several games on Macmillan and I cant see a god da*n thing. Why can't we update the graphics and keep the same brightness? Is your solution to make the maps so dark so people think they look better than they do so they can't see where you cut corners on design?

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I suspect it isn't about graphics so much as it is game play and horror theme. It is supposed to be dark and hard to see. It is supposed to be spooky.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

I think the OP is talking about being the killer... I guess terrifying the killer would be interesting.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I know he was talking about the Killer. However, short of having a Perk to allow the Killer to see in dark conditions (there is one) they also get the same lighting conditions.

• n_coming
    n_coming Member Posts: 31

Yes I am talking about killer. For survivor it doesn't matter how hard it is to see as you are the one being chased. For killer, the new "updated" maps are so bad I don't even want to play on them which is sad because I loved Macmillan. Looking for a immersed survivor is the most boring thing in this game.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Have you tried running Stridor? I haven't played it yet but could that help?

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Yeah, I also find the new maps dark. Plus there's something about them I can't put my finger on, but they seem... barren somehow? Like there's just a ton of grass with no personality, and then a building with a little personality, and then more grass.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited October 2020

Badham and Yamoaka reworks were awful, the lighting and grass changes have been brutal for killer POV. Not to mention flat out ugly textures.

Lery's is how you do it right, the rest are lessons on how to do it exceptionally wrong

But hey, if you play on PC, you can up your brightness to 100% while us console peasants get to play like it's 2017 with moonlight offerings

f**king dumb

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

yes, all new maps are too dark. it is imposible to see

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351

Bumping, because I can't see a damn thing playing Blight on Autohaven now. Both because of height and the overwhelming darkness.

• Jb94
    Jb94 Member Posts: 209

For me yamoka, macmillan, badham and midwitch are all really difficult as killer in terms of actually seeing anyone (I know midwitch isn't a rework, but it has very similar lighting).

Lerys and ormond seem a step in the right direction to me, jury is out on autohaven.

I definitely agree that it would make sense to have brightness adjusted for killers to help with this- or adjust the lighting so the maps are a bit more playable.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

yeah you know its dumb when survivors can literally see better than the killer does.

and its ridiculous to try and chase claudettes on those maps... you cant see scratches through the grass (given that they actually decided to spawn properly for once) and you cant even keep track of them visually, as they just continously blend in with their surroundings. maybe add a soundbug on top of that (which this game has plenty of) and you cant even hear them properly.

at that point the chase just became a guessing game for the killer, which is ridiculous.