Will you recommend DBD to new people?

Sophrosynes
Sophrosynes Member Posts: 13

Will you recommend DBD to new people? 75 votes

Definetly
13%
Seiko300TapeKnotF60_31TaigaGreenPufferFishfairfieldismsMusicNerd_TCGoliathKyloRenJohnKenYawn 10 votes
Probably if they may like it
18%
[Deleted User]DimekFFabeq[Deleted User]NullclinesChurchofPigPior_MorteDerZuntorFobbobubbabrothaSCP_FOR_DBDTripleStealWishIcouldmainwaifubot 14 votes
Maybe
13%
VolantConch1719Demon_SwordsAwkward_FiendBassTrampraxZKage_JihiVeckmanMalum_MidnightDr_EmaraldIllution 10 votes
Not really, they may not like it
14%
BlazelskiUnironicalygothmadamrettoSlashstreetboyCephalon_LebronNeonFragmentPizzaeater4everGoodLookinCookinSbruncharekielDanielJ 11 votes
Definetly not
40%
elasticheartErgoPr0xyGibberishanarchy753TragicSolitudeTheRockstarKnightUnnamed_Freakmusstang62MrPenguinAhoyWolfMookywolfPlantCollectorWarcrafter4OBXOwlzeybm33AkitoLiddyins0DecemberMan 30 votes

Comments

• Sophrosynes
    Sophrosynes Member Posts: 13
    Definetly not

My brother had a very different opinion

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

I´ve tried a couple times in the past. My friends and I aren´t exactly at an age anymore where no-liveing games is easily doable, so as soon as they realise not only how much money the full content would cost but also how many months they´d have to grind to reach a "playable" level, they´re out.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Definetly not

I'll never recommend Dead by Daylight to anyone.

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498
    Definetly

i have already recommneded it to a lot of freinds and a lot of them got the game and like it

• Sbrunch
    Sbrunch Member Posts: 43

i wouldn't reccomend any game that requires hundreds of hours of grinding

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92
    Definetly not

I did when I first started playing, mainly because I love this game, but the last two friends I convinced to join will more then likely never accept game suggestions from me again thanks to this game.

One lives in the country and has only alright internet and the other has a PS4. They have so many issues with the game they went back to League of Legends cause they said they wanted a good multi-player experience. Not a buggy game that crashes all the time and give DC penalties for it. Lol

• elasticheart
    elasticheart Member Posts: 146
    Definetly not

Doesn't worth the stress. Very grindy, and at this point we'll never see a balanced map reworks. I've lost my hope.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Definetly not

It's not worth trying to convince them to spend $20 on a game only to find hundreds of dollars of paywall just to collect the characters.

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195
    Maybe

This game does have a toxic community and it's filled with bugs but at the same time I can't really compare DBD to any other game besides like one or two. This type of game can really be interesting to some people so it doesn't hurt to let people know about it

• Unironicalygoth
    Unironicalygoth Member Posts: 175

I used too but everyone would tell me it's a bad game and they don't know why I waste time playing it. It u used to make me feel bad but I stopped caring and showing people the game.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    edited October 2020
    Probably if they may like it

I play some KYF with them. If they like it I let them know what jumping into ranked is like, then leave the choice up to them.

• Dr_Emarald
    Dr_Emarald Member Posts: 41
    Maybe

Depends on how BHVR updates things after this point. They got a lot of (deserved) back lash for this event. If they keep looking at statistics and not community complaints, then yeah, I won't suggest it to anyone new.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,216
    Maybe

I can never recommend DBD at full price. It's just not worth it.

If the game is on sale, I might recommend it. I might not.

I'd always recommend giving it a try during the times it's available for free. If they enjoy it, it's usually on sale during that time as well. If they don't, they didn't waste any money.

It really all depends on what the situation is.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Definetly not

This game is fun, but the grind is atrocious for new players.

Especially if you wanna play as the "good guys", AKA The Survivors, like I imagine most of the people I know would, if they decided they were interested.

When I started the grind was really bad (worse in some ways), but you could at least unlock most of what the game had to offer in a reasonable time. The only friend I've recommended it to joined during that time too, and I did it partly because I knew she didn't mind games with a big grind.

Nowadays I cannot imagine starting as a brand new player with no perks, no experience with the game, and no DLC.

I don't think I'd have kept playing if this was the DBD I'd bought about 3 years ago, so I can't (in good conscience) recommend it to someone.

Especially when there are still so many issues with the game.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Definetly not

The grind will always be bad af.

Singleplayer Survivor is the most annoying singleplayer i've ever seen.

Killer can be such frustrating when you lose gamé because of random aspects in combination with very strong perks.

No tutorial how to play the game right.

No help, no care package, nothing.

I played this game so much and yea everytime people will ask me: Should I? My answer will be: Hell no. 1% of the games are cool. But until then you have to make it through 99% bs.