The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there anyone using the Blight Serum add-on?

Switching between survivor and killer, I sport the serum add-on on killers like Ghost, Legion, and Clown, and it's a ton of fun! As a survivor, I haven't seen any killer use this ability as of the first two days of the event. Do people have no interest in using it?

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

not really, an interesting thing i did find when using it is as hag i couldn't place traps but could still tp and then rush afterword.

tbh i would have done better if i didn't uses it as her but thats my fault for not thinking it through. i did use it on clown and it was pretty good tho.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

I'm referring to Blight Serum, not Refined Serum. That add-on is garbage anyway, even if it is now a permanent new add-on.

• Ghost_Face_Main

Yeah apparently killers that have alternate power inputs can loophole the ability like Clown reloading, Cage of Atonement, or Hag/Freddy tp.

• Slendy4321
    Slendy4321 Member Posts: 605

I got that after I posted the comment. I don't really use the add on much since I have my add ons that work the best for me when I play killer. Don't feel like I need to either

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478

I used it on my Blighted ghost, the biggest thing for me was actually remembering to use it besides trying to activate power and I zoom away.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Yeah,happened way too often for me.

I just want to use my power and then i'm already zooming across half of the map 😂

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Still haven’t gotten it in any of my Bloodwebs yet😔

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

I tried it on a few killers and for some it just felt like I would rather not be forced to being locked into a dash before using my power.

The one I liked most of the ones I tried was Deathslinger, because the dash gives you a lot of distance towards whatever target you need to pressure next.

I feel Pig is one of the better users of it. Her M2 power is the head trap and she can freely crouch or dash from crouch so you can save the dash for the moment you need it most.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

It just doesn't feel good to use. I probably will go the rest of the event without using it again.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

It's pretty trash in my opinion...just a waste of bp when it is locked in front of something I want.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

Should've been set to your dead hard button instead of your main power button. As is it it's pretty stupid on most killers in an unfun way.

• Ghost_Face_Main

It's mainly good for map patrol and post-hit gap closing unless it's a cluttered tile in an indoor map. Once you put it on, you have to remember that you have it while playing. I've managed to snag 4ks thanks to that beneficial speed. Some killers I agree can't use it well.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Yeah,that's how it should be.

That way it might even be decent

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

Its ridiculously underrated to both start and end chases with most killers in this game I have used it on all killers so heres my thoughts on each

Trapper, bad early but strong later doesn't let you set up without wasting it but if you are set up well it can be really useful in a chase or to get to someone who stepped in a medium to far away trap

Wraith, burst of movement after each hook because you can't cloak without using it, most other addons are better but its fun to use

Hillbilly, very mediocre can screw up some instadowns by not having regular power available

Nurse, some decent movement for early map patrol without survivors knowing which killer it is by blinking

Huntress, just some free movement after hooking as you usually don't need it in a chase

Myers, good for chaining by hooking them switching targets and the mobility helps you get close, not the best early game though

Hag, Bad you would rather be able to keep setting traps but the extra mobility does help you reach a trap if it procced out of your teleport range by zooming then teleporting

Doctor, nice burst of speed to use after static blast because you can immediately follow up on the information you get

Bubba, same boat as billy can screw you over if you have it still up when you want to chainsaw someone otherwise just a nice burst of movement after hook towards people you might see on bbq

Freddy, Decent at using after teleporting to a gen to gain back distance on someone otherwise you might want to keep it unavailable so you can keep setting snares and fake pallets, best use is to use it to get close to get an early hit on a survivor so you can start using dream traps

Pig, Decent gives you an extra power since you normally don't have any m2 power can use when crotched instantly so you can go straight from stealth to zooming to start a chase

Clown, good to start chase or follow up because you get in a good range to use your power

Spirit, nice burst of speed so you can have your phase off cooldown when starting a chase

Legion, decent when in a chase vs already injured survivors because it gives you a power that is useful in chase otherwise just use it to get close for a feral frenzy

Plague, Good for getting in range for your first infections and great for snowballing with corrupt purge

Ghostface, Middling because sometimes you need to waste it before you can stalk but can get you close to a 99ed person so you can finish the stalk and attempt to down them before they reach anything

Demo, good to start a chase or get a followup especially with save the best for last

Oni, helps with first hit which lets him snowball earlier in the game

Deathslinger, Good for getting in range after each hook especially vs spine chill

Pyramid head, decent for mobility but you want to use early in a chase so you can use punishment attack

Blight, gives a token, 12 second cooldown but 6 rushes, neither here nor there

• InsidousEqualWin
    InsidousEqualWin Member Posts: 36

The serum is funny but its probably more useless than monstrous shrine

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

No, considering it uses addon slot

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170

Ive been grinding out the survivor rift, finished it last night. Played a couple killer games before stopping. I plan on testing it on all killers for fun. I didn't like it on Myers or oni or ghostface. I had my stalk 99 and went to kill someone but blasted off into space instead. Same with oni. I would hook someone, forget I had it, then go to absorb their blood and end up rushing into the hooked person. I tried it on blight and nothing happens. It just doesn't do anything, might be broken or intended.

So I keep getting a lot of the serums but honestly it feels like a hindrance. I've actually played worse because of using it. But oh well it's for fun anyway so I'll keep trying it out on the rest of the killers.

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

Won't even try it. From what I have seen it is useless and just takes away an add-on slot.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited October 2020

Nope. It's a timed add-on, so I'm just putting all my points into survivor because why waste them on something I won't be able to use in a month?

• lllENDGAMElll
    lllENDGAMElll Member Posts: 1

Why should you give the killer serum a chance? Two words: tombstone mikey.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

I've used it a bit as Bubba. It's funny to watch the Big Man yeet himself 20 meters, but I keep forgetting I have it and fooolming away from chainsaw-prone survivors.

I did go against a Blight who was using it. He got one hook all match and RQ. What a disservice to my favorite killer.

• Dead_By_Devs
    Dead_By_Devs Member Posts: 40

Yes, but only on very few killers. This is a classic example of survivor sided items. They are mostly useless, compared to survivor addons, and they disappear after the event, while the survivor addons are kept until used.

• Dead_By_Devs
    Dead_By_Devs Member Posts: 40

Tho, i must admit that it is useful for low mobility killers, i mostly use it on Deathslinger or clown.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Used it on clown once and it was actually very usefull. And probably hilarious watching a fat man sprint like that

• Ghost_Face_Main

Obviously you didn't notice, but the serum just adds one extra token to Blighted Corruption, making it a total of 6 rushes instead of 5.