Kinda annoying how the worst players are the ones who escape at the end

Options
MTK
MTK Member Posts: 77

Because they come fully equipped with p3 claudette/urban evasion/spine chill and crouch all game and as soon as 1~2 people die with a few gens left, they cease to touch gens like they are the Black Plague and start crouch-searching for hatch and then proceed to afk crouch for 9 more minutes until their teammates eventually get caught( who were still attempting to do gens in vain, not knowing that they have been forsaken by their teammate) so they can escape. Or even when a hooked teammate is rescuable with gates powered up, they'd rather open the gates, tbag 3~4 times and run out the exit. Yeah you all know the type of players I'm talking about.

Comments

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652
    Options

I don't know..a lot of the time when I'm doing gens in vain the Killer will come to me then wait and think..then go look for the other guy. Not saying I get a free escape, but many times they seem to take pity when they know my gen is the only one being worked on and make it a mission to find the other guy. And they always do! It's always so amazing to me.👻🍭🍬

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,097
    Options

That is the ######### thing about being a killer sometimes. I've had those games where it felt like there was only one person actually doing the work and carrying everyone but since I don't see 90% of the survivors gameplay, it's hard to know for sure who is doing work and who isn't.

Because when I'm a survivor in a two survivor situation, I find it so painfully boring to just hide that I go to a gen and just expect to get killed because my partner survivor is busy pulling a Dwight and hiding in the lockers on the other side of the map. But the killer I'm up against can't know that, all they know is I'm here in front of them workin on a gen...

• GamerGirlFeng
    GamerGirlFeng Member Posts: 277
    Options

I wish killers did that for me. I started running Bond because it happens so often. The teammate usually comes out of hiding when I approach them but sometimes they don't.

• elasticheart
    elasticheart Member Posts: 145
    Options

Today I had two of these, they legit left others die so that they could get the hatch. Not to mention one of them had a key LOL. So they were spamming lockers and vaulting pallets non stop once they found the hatch. I was like why? You sucked so bad that match, left your teammates to die and you think you're good enough to tbag me and leave via hatch? I guess so...

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464
    Options

As someone who plays both sides pretty religiously, it does always pain me a good bit when I choose to take out the carry of a team early, knowing that they'll fall apart without them. It's just a tactical decision, but as someone who also plays survivor, I know that having the best player be bottom of the scoreboard is a super frustrating feeling.

But @Buttercake I definitely do that. There was a claudette who Urban Evaded around and left a teammate slugged for like 2 full minutes while I hooked their teammate across the map, so I found her and gave the slugged guy hatch. It pisses me off on the survivor's behalf.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

Anytime I get survivors like this and theres only one of them doing a gen, I make it my sole mission to hunt down the other one doing absolutly nothing and watch them die on hook. The remaining survivor who was actually attempting to do something gets either hatch, or they can leave through the gates. I cannot stand people who hide to get a 'free escape' and let someone else die for it.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Playing selfishly and scummy gets free wins unfortunately.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,623
    Options

We have the awful hatch mechanic to blame for this. Even when you close it, the gates are powered, giving that survivor yet another free chance to escape.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I've had matches where the teabagging survivor I've ignored all match is the one to make it out, depip, get maybe 10k points, yet 'ggezbabykiller.' Worse are the ones that use dc tech to get hatch, and think they did well in doing so.

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46
    Options

That's why when I'm killer and there's 2 people left I'll start slugging and then kill then hook the toxic survivor and give the other (usually the one I slugged) the hatch.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

If they win and you lose, how come they're the bad players?

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345
    Options

I don't agree with the playstyle in the slightest.

But in all honesty, who ever said you need to care about any of the other survivors?

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

I do that when playing Killer! If I can’t find someone for the whole match and realize they’re just hiding and doing nothing, I will spare the person who is actually trying and go murder the bush.

• JephKaplan
    JephKaplan Member Posts: 308
    Options

my teammate crouching in the corner of the map or on top of the hatch so i get one hooked and they get the hatch, thats my fav part of this game :")

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

That never happens to me. I am the p3 claudette, but i always go for rescues, i always do gens, even if only 2 ppl are left.

And then there are 3 scenarios.

1. The other guy is doing gens as well, and is found first. I try to help, or escape, depending on his hook status
    2. i am found on my gen (sooner or later), and when i go down, i see the other guy on a gen. All is fine, i wont struggle to give him a fair chance at the hatch, or struggle if the killer leaves me, so we both can continue.
    3. i am found, go down, and see the last guy nowhere near any gen, just hidding out of harms way, doing loops in the basement and such. Thats is when i struggle extra hard so the killer has a chance to get him.

As long as 3. is not the majority of games, it is fine for me. I dont mind dying in a good match, and when everyone was trying.

But i never had it that the killer would go away to search for the hidder instead of just hooking me, giving the other guy the hatch, because he didn´t want to search for him.

But thats all because i am slow to learn. If it happens to me some more times, i will just never touch a gen anymore if only 2 survivors remain. Seems like that is one secret of survival.

• Get_Beaned_B0I
    Get_Beaned_B0I Member Posts: 106
    Options

The only thing that really irks me is when the killer lets that one survivor that was useless all game (a baby if you will) survive

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

I mean would you rather play with altruistic good players or spine chill/urban evasion/do no gens when it gets risky and escape by themselves good players?

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

It depends. If it’s like a rank 17-20, I can forgive the player since they’re still new and this game can be scary when you’re just starting out.

It is when they’re rank ten of higher and all they do is hide that causes me to want to help the Killer obliterate the useless turd.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

That is a frustrating situation but I've given up being angry at anyone for playing that way. Stealth is a viable option. Fortunately there are ways around that. First I suggest you master whispers perk. I run it on every killer. Second be aware of the hatch. There are times when you are playing killer and the hatch has spawned, you just hooked someone, and you know that no gens are being worked on. A lot of killers would camp the area and defend the hook or go patrol gens. The better option is to just let them go for the unhook. Use that time to find the hatch instead, get a step ahead of them. If they stop working on gens, you know where they are camping or going to. Knowing where the hatch is allows you to take out the person not hiding leaving the stealth person last. Hook them near the hatch, close it, then the stealth person has only the doors.

No one gets through the doors when you have whispers. No one. When they realize what's going on they usually go and die in a corner somewhere if you haven't found them. Most people just yolo the door though.

Doing this has helped me find the last person so many times, without having to slug for the 4k btw. If stealth is getting you down I highly recommend using whispers because if you do it will never bother you again.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

What I hate is when I'm solo and teammates dont do gens and I run the killer. Even if my bare minimum chase is 60 seconds that's enough for 1 gen if its doubled but if I run for 60 seconds and I see no one is on gens I get pretty salty. It also sucks trying to pip because if you dont make yourself sneaky you'll get chased more than others and youre usually the first to die unless the killer is bad. Idk maybe it's just because solo sucks

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231
    Options

blending truly is an art form

• wolfkin
    wolfkin Member Posts: 2
    Options

Can't really say much since my playstyle is kinda the same its not that it's bad or good the game is to win sacrificing a whole team to guarantee my win is hilarious and fun but people getting annoyed about it but if you think about it, it's just a game and to have fun is more important then guarantee others happiness but to each there own I suppose XD

• Kbot22
    Kbot22 Member Posts: 96
    Options

Whenever this happens I try and get the survivor that is actually trying to show me where the other one is by downing them and then letting them wiggle. I love when killers do this when other survivors are being useless.