Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How did you discover DBD?

I found out about the game just over 3 years ago from a friend. We both loved the Friday the 13th game but when the lawsuit happened and it was stated that we’d get no new content, the game started to become stale. My friend told me that there was a similar game called Dead By Daylight and that Michael Myers was being added. I was sold. Luckily for us, it was on sale in the PlayStation store, so we both purchased it and have been obsessed ever since.

Funny side note: I’ve still got recordings of when I was a new player and I completely forgot that I used to randomly drop pallets to distract the killer. I didn’t realise you could use them to stun. It’s so embarrassing to rewatch. 🤣

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

youtube videos and I never bought it until they did a free weekend when plague was in the game and boom ended up buying

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

About 2 years ago, my friend told me about it, since at the time I was playing Friday the 13th. Shortly after, it appeared on the Xbox Game Pass and I decided to give it a try. Fell in love with it instantly, then shortly after wanted to destroy it's existence. It's a very love/hate relationship and I wouldn't change it.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

The game was new and I was bored and buying games because I can. I just saw the Trapper art and gave it a try. Here I am casually messing around with it a few years later.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

The devs from Friday the 13th made it so you could no longer kill your own teammates, it was such a shame because I loved running them over with the car.

My older brother was like lets play this instead so here I am.

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231

It’s funny because I initially saw DBD as a ‘knock-off’ FT13, even the artwork was very similar. But now, it’s manifested into a completely different beast and I’m so glad I gave it a try.

I’d be intrigued to know if DBD would have became as popular as it did if FT13 hadn’t been hit with the lawsuit.

• iZombie

When did they make that change? As I played earlier this year and you could still run people over. I miss when you could kill each other with weapons. Everybody would rush to get the shotgun at the start of the match. It was like The Hunger Games. 😂

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I saw this video like 2 and a half years ago called "the evolution of Michael Myers" and dbd showed up and I fell in love.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

I had like zero interest in this game at all, my sister literally pestered me into playing it with her then bought it for me. I was too obsessed with Friday the 13th which seemed more laid back and fun then the community and lack of content turned me away so I turned to DBD. The fast paced horror made me tune in.

• iZombie

I’m glad that Michael was also the reason you got interested in the game. He used to jump scare me so much when I was a noob. 😨

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Same here, I was terrified lol, Laurie was my main when i started.

• iZombie

Mine too! I miss her. I need to start playing as her again, you rarely ever see her. I remember thinking how excruciatingly loud she was compared to the other survivors and then Jane came out.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Idk, when they said that we couldn't kill our teammates anymore I just assumed that it meant overall.

Yes, killing my teammates was the most fun I had in that game.

What I would do was to start a fight with some people as my brother finished fixing the car, then I'd make my way there or he'd pick me up. I'd then drive and run them over. So much fun.

• iZombie

It honestly was so much fun. It just added to the game as you never knew what type of lobby you were going to get. Some of my best memories on that game was having the shotgun and feeling so powerful lol.

The worst thing they’ve done was giving Jason the rage buff. It’s just not the same anymore. They killed their own game with unnecessary changes. It’s sad to see.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

My late night Youtube binge watching last year had me viewing clips from various horror movies, one being Silent Hill. But the playlist didn't have the sequence with the Nurse, which, for some reason, I wanted to rewatch. After watching that clip, I noticed a NURSE BEST 4K vid, or something along those lines. Found it curious, and it led me to some streamer or something, playing Nurse. Rest of history.

I still amuse myself thinking back at how I believe I would be the 0.001% to truly master Nurse right out the gate.

• iZombie

Some people make her look so easy, don’t they? I’m the same way. I thought I’d really love Oni, but I just can’t warm to him and it might be because I’m playing with a controller.

When I watch Monto play him, I’m like “HE LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN” and then when I start playing I’m like...

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I watched the AH crew play it back in 2016 and went "Yeah, that's a game I'd love to play when I can afford stable internet."

Now I play DbD.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

I discovered DBD when they released Michael Myers. and websites covered it. Didn't get it right away but got it as part of a humble bundle a few years ago.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

I followed the game after it released and bought it a month after, due to watching youtubers play and having fun.

The game wasn't fun back then, due to infinites. I started playing "regularly" when Nurse dropped.