The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's a perk you hate seeing your own side using?

Inb4 all the NOED, DS, BT etc comments. No. Nobody likes you.

As the title says, what perk makes you cringe, weep, or cry when you see your fellow Survivors or Killers using?

For me, as a Survivor, it's Spine Chill. As soon as it lights up, they just stop what they're doing and move, usually off a gen or a heal. This alone unnecessarily makes the action take longer than it needs to when the killer isn't actually coming after us. ALSO, since it makes skill checks 10% more likely to appear, they usually move right as they get one, and thus FAIL IT, and alert the killer to where we both are, when they normally wouldn't have known.

That happens a LOT. Not even kidding.

As for Killer, I's go with Unrelenting. The people who use it keep missing attacks, but not because of 360s or anything; they attack too early, and thus aren't close enough to hit. So they could replace Unrelenting with walking forward for an extra half a second. Literally.

It makes me want to cry.

But what about you? Got any pet peeve perks you hate seeing fellow Surv/Killers running?

Remember to be civil and respectful in your complaints. The Law is watching.

Comments

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Killer: bamboozle, because it's the "I can't mindgame shack, but I have a perk to do that for me" perk. I just find it annoying.

Survivor: Self care, because every self care user lets me die on hook so they can heal themselves.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

No Mither. It's always against an Oni.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

Self-Care. I run a medic build that will literally heal in seconds, but my team mates sprint as far off to the opposing corner as they can so they can self-care, or if someone else is on hook they just spend precious moments recovering at a snail's pace.

• Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320

Self Care, a literal waste of time only ran by selfish players who want to be one man army but aren't actually good at the game.

Change my mind

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Sprint Burst... and maybe Fixated to a lesser degree.

Like, please stop walking everywhere and come help me. I've died early on hook more times than I would've thought because of power-walking survivors being late to every activity on the map. Or lost massive progress on nearly-complete gens because they needed to take 20 extra second tip-toeing through the tulips or something and the killer beat 'em to the punch.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

Urban Evasion. Every single time this one Urban user will crouch around the corners of the map while I get to struggle on hook if not almost dying. Should I tell you, I love the new Slipper Meat/Up the Ante Combo. I always kobed when I used it.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Self Care

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Urban evasion.

People become too reliant on it and legitimately crouch everywhere (hey Claudette the killer is across the map you don't need to be stealthy right now)

I'm fine with self-care as long as they know when to use it. ( As a last resort and not every goddamn time you need a heal also learn to read the room if you're needed to help people don't self care in the corner whilst people are dying on the floor and on hook)

Another perk would be borrowed time simply because so many people think it's an excuse to have farm someone in front of the Killer because they won't lose their we're gonna live forever stack or emblems.

( unless you're preventing me from going into second stage or death unhook me right in front of the killer just because you have borrowed time. Also if there is an open exit gate in the vicinity then fine go ahead yank me but if we're at 4 gens and you have no reason to do so don't do it)

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

There is no scenario in which Self Care will beat out Inner Strength or a medkit

it is objectively an F tier perk

• GrisouOats
    GrisouOats Member Posts: 71

For survivor, it's urban evasion and self care. For killer, it's tink

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited October 2020

Autodidact: omgz just heal me already!

BBq: waay too easy when used by experienced players

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

Blendettes. I know that's not a perk, but every time I see a Blendie I say to myself, "Self care and Urban Evasion confirmed".

As killer I enjoy targeting Blendies. Not because I hate them, but because they're so easy to catch. Also, because I hate them.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The super abusable nonsense, when it's actually getting abused. I just cringe a little when I see it. It's almost like "Aw, come on, you can do better than that" was made into a feeling.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Self-Care. If I just unhooked you with We'll Make It, please refrain from touching yourself right in front of me. If a survivor chooses to do that, I'll walk 10 feet away and throw a random pebble I just found on the ground. What happens after that is not my fault 😀

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

Neither. They're there to be used. The very concept of perk shaming is cringy

• skyguys
    skyguys Member Posts: 67

Survivor: Self-Care

Killer: Infectious Fright (on non-instadown killers excluding nurse)

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I hate when I bring bbq. I don't even think that it's that good of a perk but noo I just keep insisting I need the BP. "What about the grind me?"

Why can't I just understand that having 4 perk slots to play with is more fun then 3.

Certainly the most annoying my side can be and it's all because greedy me

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

Us Fixated users dont just walk everywhere, we just use it to hide faster from the killer. I've entirely evaded chases thanks to this perk (it's also good for scratch mark juking but literally no one does that besides me).

Also Sprint Burst is the most effective exhaustion perk it's well worth walking.

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188
    edited October 2020

Unrelenting is trash except for new players who get 360d easily and on deathslinger because you can use it to catch up fast after a failed reel

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

To be fair though there are major loops that take forever without bamboozle to complete.

Like tree circle.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Urban, Self Care, Sprint Burst and Spine Chill.

Urban and Spine Chill: I see people just crawling around and doing nothing the moment they anything happens.

For Self Care, many times people will abandon the game to heal and this can easily turn the game over (negatively). People who use SB most of the time just walk... and walk... and walk. I don't have the patience for that!

The one for killer for me is Beast of Prey. I guess it's good if you try to keep it in your build, but if you want to learn how to hide your stain around corners, etc., it doesn't help much and it shows when people use it.

Territorial Imperative is another one. I admit, I used it in the past... It didn't help much, cause most of the time when you reach the basement, people have already dipped.

It is fun in a scratched mirror Myers build though. I've to admit that.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Dying light. such a terrible perk why anyone will use it

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

Urban Evasion, but it's not automatic. Even yesterday I saw a survivor bamboozle the killer and pull a Houdini from a chase at the perfect moment with it + Iron Will, but when you go down and you see someone crouch walking in the middle of No Man's Land before taking a close look at a rock somewhere it's pretty demotivating.

Same thing with Bamboozle. But just because it frustrates me when people seem to not really think about what they can do with it and just auto vault every window even when it defeats the purpose of the perk. Mostly on TL window tiles, instead of blocking one and then getting a hit on the other/forcing the survivor to leave it they just keep running it the way that gives free vaults, vaulting every time.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

'Inb4 all the NOED, DS, BT etc comments. No. Nobody likes you.' "guys you can only talk about the perks I don't run or else I'll tell my mom that you don't like the perks I run :(" honestly the only 2 perks I hate seeing are bamboozle and NOED (yeah I said it). They're both not amazing perks or anything, but they both serve the same purpose of "me run this perk to switch off brain because me can't play the game". I don't hate seeing any survivor perks because they aren't that impactful on the match as a whole if I'm playing survivor.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

I'm not one for being on a side but

for survivor urban users have the slowest pace of play you're never sure if ever they will come near you if it seems hard they opt out of your life pretty early.

for killer stacking ultra rare add ons, ultra rare offerings, with noed and pop and ruin just is so obnoxious. We get it you win already.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Honestly I find playstyles of either side cringy (from facecamping to locker DS)

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,127

Honestly, none of them. It's not the perk I don't like but the way the player uses them wrongly. In the right hands, they're very useful. But sometimes the player is just ... odd!

For example: someone has self-care. Regardless, if that player sees another nearby, run over and get them to heal you. If someone comes over to you whilst injured, let them heal you. Self-care is really only a perk for dire situations when there's no other way.

Perks are helpful, but it's how you play overall. A good perk build does not make a good player. A good player makes perks work optimally.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Urban Evasion - I'd rather survivors are more time efficient, run where necessary and have decent chases. In my experience, players that use UE don't last long in chases and waste a lot of time.

No Mither - I really don't mind you using this perk if you're good at the game, great at chases and do gens! But it feels like most of the time a bad player uses it and dies very quickly. Basically throwing.

Self Care - If you use Self-Care appropriately, e.g. at endgame to go for an unhook or to finish off an interrupted heal, it's fine. But I don't wanna see you self-caring all game. Especially against a killer like a legion or we may as well all AFK.

• DCh4rlie
    DCh4rlie Member Posts: 66

Noed and as a combo: Ruin+Undying.

Urban and Sprinburst.

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

I don't like when people use Self-care and they are healing when there is Sloppy Butcher active. When I'm standing next to them with Botany but they continue to heal themselves!

However, perks are not that matters the most for me. What I hate is when my teammates (I play solo) bully the killer (especially when the killer didn't play well or was low rank), when they t-bag or click flashlights, usually at the exit gates. I feel embarrassed and sorry for the killer, maybe I'm too empathetic.

• Mushy_Peas
    Mushy_Peas Member Posts: 10

If you're implying I use those perks, I do not. I only said that because I thought everyone would jump on those immediately from the start and wanted to stop that from happening.

And ironically, I forgot Self Care existed.

Mistakes were made.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I was making a dumb joke, sorry about that lol. And yeah you're not gonna be able to stop the inevitable NOED and DS replies no matter how hard you try they're always gonna flood threads until they're removed the game at this point