What to Do When Your Team are Potatoes

Hi guys,

I just wondered what you do when your team is full of potatoes. I just deranked because I've had several games where my team runs around like headless chickens and doesn't know what they're doing. My typical response is just to do gens but then of course they all die, so by principle most of the time I die. I save them sometimes but should I prioritize more team play or just keep focusing on the gens?

Comments

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

Make friends, swf. Otherwise, you are going to have to rescue the potatoes from time to time.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I'd say maybe try get the killers attention if you can. If you're confident in your looping and chases, try take some aggro, at least to buy time for gens to get done. But, other than that, theres not much you can do. Solo is a nightmare at times and I feel your pain.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

Remind myself that I make plenty of mistakes and there were/are probably a host of games where my teammates wonder what I'm on too. My looping skills are hit and mess (I hate you Lerys', but sometimes love you), but if it seems like I have a better chance overall of running the killer for a bit, I'll try to take aggro and buy time for the rest of my team to settle down. I think with a lot of newer survivors, getting pressured early by the killer throws them for a curve ball. If I can find one and give them my mediocre guiding hand, I will. If things are really going south, I'll take it as a chance to learn maps better and/or work on said mediocre looping skills.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Search for the hatch

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Be the best player on the team. They want to actively shoot themselves in the head, let them. Selfishness is its own reward..for the killer. But I'm getting some points first.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Is the match Salvageable?

Yes: Well try your best (get the Killers' attention if you're not on death hook, do gens, etc.).

No: Farm Bloodpoints as much as possible (cleanse totems, open chests, heal, etc.).

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Boil them, add salt and butter, you just made a mean ass dinner.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I activate cloaked mode and become one with nature. I will save only save if I am safe to do so, I will work on gens if I know for sure the Killer is in a chase or if I have enough cover near by to sneak away if needed. Hope that Plunderers pulls through for me and gives me a key and then I would watch them potatoes roast on the hooks.

Now, if I am worst one on the team, I will sacrifice myself for the good looper and do whatever I can to save them.

If there is no choice and everyone is hiding, I will locker spam in the basement to have the Killer come send me to the next match.

• SCP_FOR_DBD

Depends, what kinda stew we talking? If its meat you could make some goulash but if its tomato I'm reporting you for crimes against humanity.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

The kind with lovely golden chips and a nice piece of fried fish.

• SCP_FOR_DBD

You've made me hungry, guess I know what tomorrows dinner is lol.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

Start farming and hope to get hatch

• Creepa99
    Creepa99 Member Posts: 80

You all need to quit complaining. I come from Call of Duty with a CoD mindset: YOU DON'T WIN EVERY GAME SO JUST BECAUSE YOU LOSE A GAME HERE AND THERE DOESN'T MEAN YOU NEED TO COMPLAIN.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

The potato is a root vegetable, farm them all!

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

You can still pip when playing with root vegetables. Just focus less on survival and more on having fun. If you carry the team, great. If not, it's still fun to have good chases and do your best for the remedial squad.

• HEX_MalusGrey
    HEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231
    edited October 2020

I do the same as you. Try to do gens, heal, unhook and sweat not to win but to try not to get a de-pip.

But with every match like this my mood goes more and more downhill until at some point i am glad to get hooked so i can suicide. Obviously after 5 matches dying on first hook, the one's you want to give up immedietly are those where they run for the hook and keep you from suiciding.

I don't usually kill myself when someone is running for the unhook. Only if no one comes and im sick of it anyway.

• BigHat
    BigHat Member Posts: 97

Just make sure you do 1.5 gens unhook and heal one person and you should still pip no problem

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

If you are good in a chase and don't need perks to help you for the most part, try playing normally with perks like WMI and especially kindred. Other than that though, there is not much you can do.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

I do all five totems. Get a few unhooks and loop the Killer for 2-3 minutes. It's usually fine even if I die