Why is everyone so unhappy with the generosity that BHVR is showing?

Comments

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Gave you free currency to purchase their costumes that cost actual money.

• Unicorn

They have done things (such as: the update on the discounted price on already sold skins) that are worth complaining about. This other crap about the BP/Shards/Rift is unnecessarily complained about.

• Unicorn

You’re not “earning” you’re being given. All you gotta do is load up your app, press “x” and BAM! free currency.

You don’t even have to play.

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

Now that you have tooken that losing bet, what are you gunna give us in return?

• Unicorn

Where did I ever say the event is good? I said they were generous for giving us what they give us. Please, if you’re going to continue to run with the cyber-pack that is attacking me for having a different opinion here, make sure you quote me accordingly.

• Unicorn

I can understand from that POV, wanting to do actual work is a legit reason to be disappointed.

• Unicorn

woah, now I’m a Karen because I asked you to quote me accordingly. Thats new.

• Unicorn

Apparently.

to think my differing opinion of calling “BHVR” generous for the things that they’re giving us would stir up all this controversy and insults.

I’m amazed everyday.

• Unicorn

But you can technically get a free skin with the shards they give you. Thats why I don’t understand the anger and frustration. For the people who bought the skins previously and want a refund I can, but for the people who are getting FREE SHARDS to buy a skin, what is there to complain about? Only valid reason I’ve seen so far is that the effort to get the skins are lackluster, which is the only legit reason I’ve seen here. The rest of these people are just throwing insults at me for having an opinion. Its quite hilarious.

• Unicorn

I can understand your reasoning. I really do hope they refund you guys back, thats super inconvenient considering they mentioned the discounts but didn’t mention the recent hallowed outfits being discounted in the banner/ad. I’m hopeful they will give you guys shards back at least with all the backlash they’re getting.

• Unicorn

Hey hey Sleepy! ^_^ thanks for commenting.

Yes, I can see where most people are coming from about the event being just bland. This is a horror game for christ-sake we should have a REAL halloween spooky event. However, I don’t think any of the previous events were real Halloween spookfests. Considering the past, I wasn’t expecting very much of this one either so thats probably why I’m not so disappointed. I am grateful for the currency & the generosity though, I’d be lying if I said otherwise. I understand they changed it up after the backlash, which makes it seem disingenuous and for their own reputation purposes I just wanted people to see the brightside, but apparently there is no brightside. Lol.

• Unicorn

Thank you for having a real and decent discussion with me about this. Unfortunately this is the DBD Forums so insults are a expected. I just laugh it off and hold my own. But yes, I agree. Dead By Daylight should be the God-Tier of Halloween Events. We have Mikey! They can do so much with all the licensed characters being a thing, but eh. Maybe one day they’ll actually put effort into making a real event. I’ve also been considering the Pandemic having a little bit to do with the poor preparations and planning of the event. Theres a lot going on in the world.

• Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119

It fits what you are doing. Anyone with half a brain can see your post for what it is.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

Thanks, I really hope so, too. But I highly doubt that we will get a refund.

Also I'm pretty sure the reason why the new skins weren't advertised to be on sale, is because this was never planned. I think they did the discount on shards for the new cosmetics spontaneous to the negative backlash from the community regarding the halloween "event".

Even though I think it is good that they showed a reaction at all, I think this decision was a wrong and did sent the wrong signals.

The better and even simpler way would have been to leave the shard prices on the cosmetics as they were and instead increase the amount of the daily log in bonus in shards. No one would have made a loss with that and no one would have been disappointed or felt scammed.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

For the liscence killer i think they need the ok from the compagnie for the cosmetic but im not sure. Anyway the biggest event for dbd is the lunar event for some reason i think i know why but im tired of getting ban so i will keep it for myself.

• Unicorn

And anyone the 1/3 of a braincell can see that you’re just posting to keep the trend of “big peen, insult machine” going on in this thread. Think for yourself and stop running off of other peoples energy to look cool. Don’t be an echo, be a leader and add something constructive to a discussion, then we can have a talk.

• Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119

Sure alright. Why are you sucking off BHVR when they literally can't even fix their own game? We STILL don't have any options for adjusting the graphics outside of a bannable .ini config, Consoles are so far in the single digit frames it's become a powerpoint slide show. They were promised fixes for YEARS and it just continues to get worse while they slap in more over priced cosmetics and half assed content and call it a day. Oh but let's not forget the GRAPHICAL UPDATE!!! YAY SO GOOD YAY no. The game runs like ass for a lot of people as it is, but let's make it even more demanding. It's also been proven the people in charge of the game don't have the slightest clue about what the community actually wants or they do but actively ignore it because "PRETTY GOOD JOB SO FAR!" But sure, continue to be oh so happy with the scraps they gave you out of the kindness of their heart while they continue to laugh at all the gullible people eating their slop.

• Unicorn

Yeah I can see that being why it wasn’t in the ad.

But I do agree, I can definitely see how it looks to someone who actually spent shards before the change. I just don’t agree with the ppl who say they planned on doing this to everyone who paid. I don’t find that logical or reasonable. But I really do hope they do something for them.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,718

The leaps of logic this place makes puts the big brain Yoda to shame, its honestly astonishing sometimes. Next they'll be saying BHVR are gonna nerf Pig again because of the Unicorn Charm

• Unicorn

Okay, you’re going way off topic.

This thread is about people who are complaining about not getting enough free currency, and having to wait to get a free skin. The people who spent 21k on the skins before the discount are the only people who should be complaining. The event is not great, I get that, we need a real Halloween event. I just never understood who complains and whines about getting currency to buy a skin you can pay real money for or have to grind for a while to get the shards for. I’m grateful that they even had the consideration to do it, planned or not.

I play Overwatch, they wouldn’t dare hand out currency for the current Halloween event. You gamble with loot boxes and HOPE you get a new skin and not a basic or a duplicate. If me looking from the outside in based off of other companies motives when they have an event and appreciating BHVR’s generosity makes me insult/attack worthy, then thats fine. I still feel the way I feel.

If you want to discuss performance issues, start up a thread and I’ll happily come and add my opinion/view into the mix. Otherwise, this is not the place to speak of such things. I want to stay on topic here.

Also, if BHVR is so bad, stop supporting them. Pretty sure you’re still playing, you’re still here on their forums, yet they’re such a bad company and you can’t stand them. Make it make sense.

• Unicorn

LMAOOO. Literally.

“you saying BHVR is generous means you had a bad childhood!!”

Me:

• Unicorn

Yes, I’ve heard. I understand it wouldn’t have happened at all without the backlash, but I am, and will still be grateful they did anything in the first place. Play Call of Duty or Overwatch and complain about a sh*tty event in their forums, see if Treyarch or Blizzard give a hoot to make up for it with free in-game currency.

They don’t. But aye, thats just my “boot-lickin” opinion.

Thanks for commenting though 💜

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'd say the thing that annoys people is that the devs pretend to be open with everything (that's they can) but actually aren't.

We of course understand them not being able to talk about chapters. However stuff like why there's no event currency they ignore.

• Unicorn

You: *states an off-topic statement*

Me: *defends the integrity and purpose behind this topic*

You: “Well....... YOU’RE A TROLL!”

I see you haven’t taken my advice about being a leader and not apart of an echo chamber.

I guess this potential constructive discussion is over. Take care.

• Unicorn

Like the Pestula Plants I’m guessing is what you mean? I remember we had to collect the plant serum.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Last year we didnt need the plants to get the serum. Also why is Felix only buyable by auric cells?

Anytime the devs do something nice, they do something else to make players question them.

• Unicorn

Is he really?

Maybe he’s too beautiful to be available with shards xD

No but really, usually only license characters are Auric only. Why Felix? Makes no sense.

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 256

Regarding the daily login rewards, I've only received the first one on the 24th and I've been logging in regularly since then but nothing else has happened. Is this normal?

This discussion has been closed.