The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why do people still fall for basement bubba?

Every once in awhile I break out basement Bubba just to see how it goes, and every time I’ve done it (granted it’s only been like four times, so small sample size) the survivors always do some bizarre rescue plan that ends in a 4K.

No one ever just pumps out gens, it’s always trading up. I start with one, someone goes for the save and fails, and then the others try to save the two. And these are red rank survivors mind you, no clue what the deal is with that.

Comments

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

Because its a limited time where survivors can get Halloween items. Given that the "event" doesnt have anything else to do I guess they want to collect their items...?

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

It's his dad bod, he has his own gravitational force at 69.69 m/s^2. A well hidden in plain sight passive ability of his.

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

Sucks to just let someone die in basement because your playing no skill basement bubba.

Might as well go down and try and make a play and die and on to the next game rather than just hold m1 on gens to escape with maybe a safety pip at best.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I remember a game on the Azarov's gas station map where nothing ever happened. We repaired all of the generators, opened both gates, cleansed all of the totems, and opened two of the three chests. I already deduced that it was Leatherface with Insidious somewhere, but our stupid Dwight got greedy and went down to the basement for the last chest.

He got caught and hooked, and we just escaped after that happened. lol

• quentinsimp
    quentinsimp Member Posts: 46

This. I feel way too guilty half the time when it comes to letting someone die on hook. I'll almost always at least try for the save if I have BT, in the hopes that they'll make it out. I don't usually mind taking their place on the hook, and I'll usually suicide if I see someone coming to try and save me so nobody else ends up dying. The altruism part of the game is my favorite part.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Because most survivors don't like to just rush gens and get out, they want interactive gameplay., Besides, basement Bubbas are guaranteed to use NOED, so even if they repair all gens there are high chances that the killer will get them with NOED and camp them too. All considering, it's better to try get some points, die, and move on to the next match.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

Just so ppl know

The only time where you bomb hook someone to make a tradeoff (hopefully with BT) is when the guy on the hook is about to die (2nd hook) and you still have 1/2 hook stages.

That way you buy your team some time to do gens and if you get slugged, hope the unhooked has DS/DH/triggers BT/chases very long.

But one thing is very important:

Everytime you know specific survivors are dead on hook next time

It is VERY important to take the aggro when you still have a hook stage left. And try to make it not obvious. Sometimes I act like a dully. I look behind while running into the killer so that he believes I'm a lost canon.

It is all about ressources

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

In addition to everything everyone else has said, Red Ranks means nothing anymore. Pipping is more indicative of time played since the last 13th than it is of skill.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

I much prefer basement Trapper.

Though I'm almost certain the perks I use to achieve the same as Bubba are the exact opposite lol:

Believe it or not it actually works. Set up an impregnable fortress with:

• 2 traps on either side of window
    • One trap at pallet door
    • One trap at other door
    • Get a Survivor and put them on the basement hook
    • Leave basement and wait for the inevitable trap disarm snap
    • Return, reset trap, down the Survivor you hooked
    • Wait for the other Survivor to be trapped by any of the 3 exits
    • Wash, rinse and repeat till 4k

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Pretty much this.

Some people don't even care anymore. If they realize it's a camper they will either just feed him a no-skill 4k quickly so they can move on to the next match or pump out the gens which is just as boring.

On top of that the survivors have a near 100% chance of making very little bloodpoints and depipping anyways regardless of whether they quickly repair gens and leave or die in the basement. It's pretty much "pick your poison".

So yeah most of the people probably don't really "fall for basement Bubba". They just don't want to play the boring camper match and move on.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Because if you’re not in a 4 man with comms, if the camper gets someone to camp at 4 or 5 gens, it’s a lost game anyway. There’s not enough time to do all gens and all totems (because they always have NOED), plus gates. This is especially true if you have teammates who go to try and save, not realising someone is being camped.

If a basement Bubba gets someone early, you can probably only get one person out by rushing gens, and that’s not guaranteed anyway.

So you might as well try to save the guy, it’s the only chance at getting any fun out of the match if you can pull it off.

• Outlaw64
    Outlaw64 Member Posts: 17

If I feel I have a good team, I do it to rescue my teammates. Nothing more, nothing less.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

it works against pugs. When I play SWF, we let the person die, and just gen rush because of the stupid camp strat. Rando's don't realize and fall for it

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

This is making me want to purchase Bubby Boi. It sounds more entertaining to watch Survivors come to their deaths like moths to a flame than it is to get looped around the same structures 3x and then led to another tile with the use of Dead Hard. Only problem is, I don't trust the Devs to not nerf Bubby's camping potential in the future.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Boredom is a far stronger opponent than any god-tier killer.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Sometimes I know he's down there.....BUT I GOTTA CHECK!

@_@

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    edited October 2020

Can't you like sneak down there, climb up the wall and approach from the ceiling? He'll never see it coming.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I play both roles. So no, it’s not “us vs them”.

I’ve been quick to pick up on a bubba camping the basement after hooking someone down there. So I’ll go jump on a gen.

I end up dead anyway. Why? The other two survivors refuse to acknowledge that rescue is impossible and so will hover around the basement entrance thinking something magical will happen that will allow them to rescue whomever is down there and not also be hooked as well.

I don’t think I need to explain what the ACTUAL outcome of those 2 survivors is.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,778

I don't care much about what you play. I'm just responding to your comment, which is basically says "Survivors die to basement Bubba because they are entitled". That has nothing to do with why people die to basement Bubbas and it's needlessly snarky.

• TheClownIsKing

Because most are.

Those that persist in floating around the basement to rescue someone from a camping killer have an entitled, misguided belief that the killer is breaking the rules, and it’s not fair to not allow them a free rescue and escape from the basement.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,778
    edited October 2020

I could not disagree more. What is more fun: trying to save your buddy from a killer that's camping the hook or holding M1 for 5 minutes? That is the opposite of an easy rescue, much less feeling entitled to an easy escape. Survivors obviously know how suicidal it is lol, no one is that dumb.

I also struggle to see how this has anything to do with a feeling that the killer is breaking the "rules". The survivors and the Bubba are just playing how they want to play.

• They know that If there is a basement bubba then you must go onto his hook.

• testsubject
    testsubject Member Posts: 5

The real question is, why do you care?

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Because the game grows and random guess half of all survivors you need to play with are totally oblivious because too new

• Aidan_fowl
    Aidan_fowl Member Posts: 47

There is no gameplay in that scenario. You either hold m1 and leave or spam space bar and join the rest in the basement hooks.

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

Because Bubba is, in fact, a black hole. He pulls survivors in slowly. It's almost impossible for survivors to resist his pull, so they don't attempt to resist.

• Tillablerhino44
    Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505

I am so glad I wasted so much money on this game you camping tunneling toxic people and your proud of your skilkessness howuch fun is it for killer or survivor to be stuck on a hook when most survivors won't pull you off your first hook and then you cry about toxic survivors get good been play the game catch some one it's not my fault I pilot stun you over n over again your probably 10years old who has no honor and cries when people get away or a snitch on xbox who cries when I tell them what a skilless wonder they are get good scrubs and don't forget lightborn cause today you'll need it thanks for cheating scrub and as I said before get good

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

There can be a few reasons. On higher ranks it can be because it's almost imposiible to pip as a red rank survivor without altruism points so there is not much difference pip-wise. And enjoyment-wise it's still usually more fun trying to snatch a hooked survivor from a camper that just rush gens and leave. Though in Bubba's case that usually ends in joining them on a hook.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Because it's low rank players. In red ranks you never see basement Bubbas.

• Tillablerhino44
    Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505

I do know about three red rank bubba's I was one when I first started but as I got better I started trying other killers I prefer freedy he is fun and has great gen pressure most people hate him cause he has all the time n the world and his hit box is broken so I enjoy him even before the update I enjoyed him unless I'm ticked then I bring ire huntress who is completely broken but fun I don't see the reason to justify camping tunneling is toxic but if there all playing claudeete or dewight it is there fault if I can tell the difference I won't if not stop playing swf if you don't want to get tunneled or at least don't let me know your a team swf is also broken but solo survivor you learn not to get hooked

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I've seen this a few times and always wondered about the mentality of the bubba in these circumstances. I play a lot more killer than survivor and babysitting someone on a hook can be effective- but it's a very dull way to play the game. Dbd is one of the only games I can think of where you can win and not feel satisfied with the game at all because you had to play a particular way to win.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I need that basement chest dude I will DIE for the low tier toolbox inside it

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531

Why do people fall for it?

Why are moths attracted to flames...

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    edited October 2020

Yes its entitled for survivors to want an interactive gameplay experience rather than hold m1. You sir are the real clown.

• TheClownIsKing

It’s trading one button for another.

Repairing generators is interacting with the game as much as sitting by the basement entrance is.

• Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Same to killers about their kills.

Survivor: survives

Killers: that not right

• KasumiFox
    KasumiFox Member Posts: 117

Because it's kind of rude to camp someone. Other survivors know that and so do most killers. It ruins the game for everyone.