Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The new Spirit sounds are HORRIBLE!

I finally was excited to go play her,but when I picked her the horrible raspy "HAAA" sounds she makes,which she didnt in the PTB, are rather unfitting of her. I believe it needs to be more haunting.

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Wait did they really change her sounds? Oh no

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

It is really unfitting now...

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    I agree. It's horrible.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Horrible sound! It was better on ptb 
  • LRGamer
    LRGamer Member Posts: 160
    I like them 
    also they are done by Not_Queen
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

@LRGamer said:
    I like them 
    also they are done by Not_Queen

???
    another Overmind knowledge or is there any specifrc place you got this from?

• RSB

PS. Her chanelling sound is very hearable know, which really hinders her, AND this is not stated in the patchnotes.

• Tsulan

@RSB said:
    PS. Her chanelling sound is very hearable know, which really hinders her, AND this is not stated in the patchnotes.

Yes, i noticed that as survivor. It´s like a permanent terror radius which makes "mindgames" redundant.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I do like it. I mean it's cool.

I was expecting more of a banshee type deal... But it's fine.

• PhantomMask20763

@RSB said:

What?! I thought the devs wanted her to be a mindgame killer and that completely negates one of her mindgames.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

WAH!

That said, our sound team will be tweaking some sounds and the idle loop will be changed!
    The loop she gets in while she does action isn't supposed to be there, it's a bug.

• not_Queen

@Dwight_Confusion That was a Design decision. The Designers didn't want to have her sound too close to the nurse.

• RSB

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@RSB said:

What?! I thought the devs wanted her to be a mindgame killer and that completely negates one of her mindgames.

Play survivor and hear for yourself, it sounds like a very fast wind, or something.

• PhantomMask20763

@not_Queen said:
    WAH!

That said, our sound team will be tweaking some sounds and the idle loop will be changed!
    The loop she gets in while she does action isn't supposed to be there, it's a bug.

It's a bug oh thank goodness!!!

• RSB

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@not_Queen said:
    WAH!

I think she was speaking about Rin's annoying "HAAAAAA" (the idle loop), not that chanelling sound, but correct me if I'm wrong.

• PhantomMask20763

@RSB said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

@not_Queen said:
    WAH!

I think she was speaking about Rin's annoying "HAAAAAA" (the idle loop), not that chanelling sound, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I may have misread it as well but I pray to the entity that being able to hear her starting her ability is a bug

• not_Queen

The channel sound will be reviewed but I have no guarantee it will change. @RSB

• PhantomMask20763

@not_Queen said:

Please keep us informed on that. I'd like to know if it's intentional or not

• RSB

@not_Queen said:

Oh, thank you, good to have a person who replies quickly and cares about the game! I really appreciate that ;>

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Don’t make the same mistake with Kate! People complained, it got changed and they very quickly regretted it!

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I'm mixed about the new sounds. I feel they are fitting, but at the same time they are a bit dissonant with her eerie breathing. If they were more eerie they would probably sound better.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

I actually really like the gargling sounds she makes, definately grudge esque. I mean it might be the closest we'll ever get to grudge, ring, or slit mouth woman tbh.... and its all in 1 box.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I don't like it one bit. She sounded much better in the PTB.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Also didn't like it, is the sound that she makes when going into phase intentional?

Survivors can literally hear this and its a big indicator that the Spirit is in phase, this sound only pops when you fully charge it 100% to phase. Mind game potential is now ruined

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

@RSB said:

Another shadownerf to add to the list.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I'll be honest, I was hoping for a banshee scream when she does her Mori. But so far, it's the only complaint I've had.

• DaddyDagon
    DaddyDagon Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2018
    Her voice is pretty over the top. She's certainly very expressive...

I do love her design, and I've had a lot of fun with her. But I was expecting gargling, rattling, groans, and cries. Poor girl sounds like she's in some kind of fighting game. Its almost comical when paired with the twitching ghost model. 

Also, what's the point of taking away the mind game? The whole point of her is to be unexpected. Can't get the jump on survivors if they can hear everything. 
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited September 2018
    Her crying and wailing was TERRIFYING in the PTB. She sounded tragic and tormented. Now she just sounds like her emotion doesn't fluctuate anymore like it did originally. At least bring the crying back T-T
  • YankeeSan
    YankeeSan Member Posts: 32
    She sounds like Rodney Dangerfield trying to impersonate an anime girl
  • DarthPancake
    DarthPancake Member Posts: 27

I really hope devs see all the posts about it and change something!

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@not_Queen She does have an issue when she's close to the hatch area she drowns it's sound out making it seem someplace else. I had that issue as survivor during a chase near where hatch was and as her when I found it 1st.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018

Ill throw in my two cents here for review, I found her way more creepy in PTB without her voice but just the background wailing spirits. Her being muted seems way more scary. I submit her sounds should be redone.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I don't think the sound survivors hear while she's phase walking should be directional, makes it so easy to avoid her.

• vendalwind
    vendalwind Member Posts: 23

Commented on three threads about this now btu this one got me thinking. You guys should watch some old japanese spirit movies, like rashomon gate or something. Her voice should be closer to the the kabuki play Yotsuya Kwaiden. Find presentations of the character named "Oiwa", but also try to find ones where its done by a female, cause of course classic kabuki is an entirely male cast.
    Or check out the movie "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH0qXzVaO48"

Spirits voice should be more subtle and windy with occasional high pitched sobbing almost like a jealous lover. More like wind through a broken reed flute or something.
    written description is hard to provide,

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Yes I agree. Not a fan of the sounds at all. @not_Queen I'm sure you did a great job recording and all, but the sounds just don't fit her character and I think they should be re-done or taken out all together.
  • Tsulan

@RSB said:

@Tsulan said:

@Giche said:

@Tsulan said:

@RSB said:

Yes, i noticed that as survivor. It´s like a permanent terror radius which makes "mindgames" redundant.

Are you surprised ? Really ?

I mean they made it clear that killer's feedback were not welcomed from the get go.

"It's been only 3 hours, keep playing !"

Keep playing a lot, the feedback stay the same

"No that would be OP, you don't know how to play her still..."

Killer is released, nearly unchanged, the only little shadow tweaks (like her chanelling sound) favor the survivors, of course

"Lul deal with it, not every killer are meant to be viable, if i have fun (TM) facing her it's enought.
    CYA next year for the potential Spirit's rework, we will still be there to lobby against it :p "

That´s also a way to "buff" Freddy. Create a killer who is weaker than him...

Survivors are already starting to scream about how OP she is, I'm just waiting for the Freddy V2.

I´ve played 8 matches since the patch. 7 against her, and i´m not really impressed. She´s not good during chases. Only her "mindgames" of just standing next to a pallet seems to catch some survivors offguard. But most of the time she got between 1 and 2 kills. That´s horrible.
    BTW. 1 match was against the new Wraith, who wrecked us with a 4k with 4 gens still up.

• RSB

@Tsulan said:

@RSB said:

@Tsulan said:

@Giche said:

@Tsulan said:

@RSB said:

Are you surprised ? Really ?

I mean they made it clear that killer's feedback were not welcomed from the get go.

"It's been only 3 hours, keep playing !"

Keep playing a lot, the feedback stay the same

"No that would be OP, you don't know how to play her still..."

Killer is released, nearly unchanged, the only little shadow tweaks (like her chanelling sound) favor the survivors, of course

"Lul deal with it, not every killer are meant to be viable, if i have fun (TM) facing her it's enought.
    CYA next year for the potential Spirit's rework, we will still be there to lobby against it :p "

That´s also a way to "buff" Freddy. Create a killer who is weaker than him...

Survivors are already starting to scream about how OP she is, I'm just waiting for the Freddy V2.

I´ve played 8 matches since the patch. 7 against her, and i´m not really impressed. She´s not good during chases. Only her "mindgames" of just standing next to a pallet seems to catch some survivors offguard. But most of the time she got between 1 and 2 kills. That´s horrible.
    BTW. 1 match was against the new Wraith, who wrecked us with a 4k with 4 gens still up.

Yeah... Cooldown really prevents her from effectively using her power, and that's the biggest issue with her alongside with very loud channeling sound.

As to the Wraith - I do not know why his buffs are such a big deal, I do not think they were that strong to make him a viable killer.

• Wolff_Bringer
    Wolff_Bringer Member Posts: 90

Spirit weak?

That was the second game i did with her.

• Wolff_Bringer

@Giche said:
    @Wolff_Bringer

And some peoples can 4 K with Freddy in high rank.

He's still trash.

Your point ?

Learn the killer to use her power correctly.
    And i know, some have problems others dont, but i hate people who say "is trash". No its not, its difficult to play as a killer sometimes.
    And i dont say that freddy or spirit doesnt need buffs (freddy even needs a rework). I want to say: Dont say a killer is trash. Use correct words.
    I hate people for using words as "trash" and thinks like that.

• Wolff_Bringer

But i hope the sound of her "ha'S" will get changed. It just to... Robotic?
    Dont know, it doesnt feel spirit like.