The most forgotten killer in DBD

So looking at the stats of dbd they released there’s one killer no body ever talks about cause of how forgettable she was.

If you guessed it, It’s the plague. How come she never gets talked about she’s the most forgotten killer in DBD everyone talks about everyone but her. And there’s a simple reason 1 she’s very weak cause her power is in survivors control and she’s not very strong. Tell me your thoughts on the plague.

Comments

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236

My brother mains plague and he almost always gets 4k, I only play her if I get a daily.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I dont know if it's due more to her being weak or more because it seems like every update brings a new plague bug lol.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

Who is that guy on the far right with 56.21%?

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

What’s his build tell me cause I suck with the Plague I am very bad with her I need a good build

• BugsGalore
    BugsGalore Member Posts: 57

A lot of people talk about plague, I've been seeing her more and more recently. Sure she's still rare, but that's probably because they break her every patch.

• itsaconehead

Honestly, the kid doesn't use specific builds, he always has spies from the shadows though.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,203

Plague is a good killer. The only reason why I stopped playing her was because her BP gain was lower than average, unless you're willing to stretch out your game. It wasn't because she's weak.

• Chilli_man2400

That and because her power feels very annoying to use unlike Oni who feels fun to use cause your in control plague feels very unfun to use

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231

I go against Plague more than some of those killers towards the top of the list.

• BugsGalore
    BugsGalore Member Posts: 57

Not really. If you run infectious and use your power correctly you can really annoy a team. even if you're not snowballing an entire team you can still pull off a couple quick injuries and end chases fast. A plague in her power is very intimidating, especially if you're injured. I'd say she in a good spot right now.

• Chilli_man2400

Well that is true people still talk about nurse and her kit but nobody talks about plague as much as Slinger PH spirit Oni nurse Hag hell even Billy

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I wish i was better with plague cause i really like the concept

Alas if i unload a barrage of vomit i will hit everything except the survivor in front of me

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited October 2020

Plague is a unique and very difficult to master strategic killer, and her strategy patterns are very different to hag, trapper or any other killer in the game.

And on top of it she's hella boring.

• notlonely
    notlonely Member Posts: 391

As a Plague main myself I must say many people don't use basically because her power feels weird to use. There are so many things you can do with it:

• You can use it in-chase to break survivors (my main playstyle).
    • You can try and get everyone sickened to get Corrupt more often (not viable in red ranks)
    • Or you could just mess around infecting everything to get info.

I don't always get many kills as her because her power isn't thAt helpful in chases but she's indeed effective.

I also think she's quite forgotten because people just buy her for the perks and then leave her, since both Corrupt and Infectious Fright are great perks, and you can also get value out of Dark Devotion depending on who you're using (tip: DD is awful on Plague you literally must be blind if you can't see her coming from a kilometer away lol).

Shoutout to your brother for being the literally other Plague main in this place we call a community. My sibling is unfortunately a Legion and Spirit main qwq.

• itsaconehead

He's a great player when he's plague, I've only ever went up against her once playing survivor. He spews on everything like you so that's how he plays and it works very well for him.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 572

She's just really not fun because of her vomit's travel time combined with clipping on every little thing. If someone hugs a wall tight you're basically just a walking Eiffel Tower whose head accessory can be seen around almost every loop due to her raw height.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    edited October 2020

Why do i immediately think of that scary movie scene? 😂

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

I was hoping someone would post the vomiting picture of Meg holding the key. 😱🌌

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Honestly I'm glad she's as rare as she is. To me at least she is by far the least fun Killer to play against. I'd rather play against Stridor Spirit several times in a row than Plague once.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

You know what, before I opened this thread I saw the title and I was saying to myself 'it's gonna be Plague isn't it' and I clapped my hands when I saw it was right.

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317

Using Plagues power on console is unfun...

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Honestly I thought this was a thread about the clown and totally forgot the plague was even a killer lmao. But to me I just don't have fun playing with her. Her power is weird and even after the small buff she's still not very interesting to me imo.

• Sonzaishinai

Do you like write professionally or something? Such poetry from all your post

• Buttercake

Awww, thats nice that you say. I don't but it's nice you think I deserve a career. Most people think Im super-annoying.😢

• Sonzaishinai

I mean you are kinda annoying but the writing is still good :3

• Buttercake

Lol , so cute! I want a sticker of that to stick to my Kindle. 🌈

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,247

She's just weak. On paper, her kit sounds good. But put into practice against good players who slam generators, she really struggles.

She can get survivors into the Broken state. This can be done very quickly against W gamers who have never seen a pallet or heard a terror radius. Smart survivors will use cover to take minimal splash from the Vile Purge and won't be caught out of position. In this scenario, it will likely be mid-game before more than 1 or 2 survivors are Broken.

She has no chase power outside of Corrupt Purge. And she's kind of a slave to RNG regarding pool locations. Have everyone broken? Awesome, your pools are halfway across the map. Very efficient.

She has a nasty speed curve when charging Corrupt Purge. It is extremely lethal out in the open, but good positioning can render it useless at many tiles. And again, you as the killer have to spend time to go and acquire your downing capability.

She's a wildly inefficient killer in a game that's all about efficiency.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I see lots of people talk about her.

Granted its always about some new bug she has but still.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I wouldn't be surprised if the general buggy-ness of Plague influenced her low pick rate beyond just the challenges built into her kit.

I know I went from playing Plague regularly-ish (since I bounce around between most of the killers) to abandoning her entirely. All due to major bug problems with her that made playing her feel miserable, even when you won in spite of her problems. I just can't trust Plague to actually work as intended and create a fun experience for me, so I avoid her like the plague (pun absolutely intended). I don't play a whole lot of Nurse or Ghost Face for similar reasons.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Plague isn't bad. Her playstyle is just kinda unappealing for people. Mainly because the games where everyone stays sick and splits up and you only get to use her power like two times are really boring

• Buttercake
    edited October 2020

oh snap! I found the Meg pic I was hoping somebody would post!

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I got plague recently and all 5 of my games have been 3k or 4k with her. I'm a rank 10 killer and she's only level 20 so far.

I think the trick is if you vomit on someone and there's someone else you can switch to or a gen you can contest, just leave the one you're chasing unless they're a bad surv and you think you can down them in 30 - 45 seconds. With this strat, you basically keep the survivors infected as constantly as you can, that way you have pools of corruption all over the place that you can use constantly in late game to pull out a clutch victory.

• Sonzaishinai

*shivers* it should be illegal to play Meg without her mask

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

because she's icky

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I think she is boring to play, she also didn't have much hype when she was released.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Pick rate feels a bit odd? I mean from those stats I should face Trapper twice as many times as Freddy, and I would say I play against a lot more Freddys..3.62% that would make him pretty rare to face but I'm not feeling that.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Probably both. She’s more buggy that any other killer in the game AND she has nothing to help her at loops if she’s denied CP. Who wants to deal with that against good survivors?!