the mindset of some killers need to change really.

13»

Comments

• jhiieri
    jhiieri Member Posts: 24

I'm a survivor main and I have dozens of friends that play DBD. I am the only one that never uses DS because of two reasons. I thought it was a crutch (esp the original version) and I don't want killers dictate what perk I use.

Today I had a Spirit tunnel me off both first and 2nd hook. His "reason"? I'm not a Spirit main and wanted to adept. When I play survivor I get tunneled all the time, so that's how killers play.

Fact is that minimum 2/3 of the games I'll play in a day, me or a teammate of mine will get tunneled or hard camped. All my friends keep telling me to run DS and Unbreakable but I keep hoping against hope that killers will realize that the person they are chasing is not an AI, but another person trying to also have fun.

I don't care about perks although someone that uses NOED will probably get a noed = no respect from me in chat (also, thank you Hex: Undying for making more people do totems, but a totem counter by the gens should be implemented if it is to be an objective. Especially in solo Q)

I don't mind moris unless the killer will 1st hook tunnel mori the first person they down to get an mismatch.

The tunneling and hard camping imo is where most of the toxicity comes from. I get that there's survivors that can be toxic too, but let's be honest here. Teabagging in front of the killer will not make him depip. Getting tunneled in a game, though?

• csebal
    csebal Member Posts: 31

Dude, you have to deal with all that and that is why there are 4 of you, and only 1 killer. Also, do not listen to people who complain about you using certain perks or tactics. Do what you think is needed for you to win, but please remember.. you are not supposed to always win. If you cannot deal with that, this is not the game for you (well, no multiplayer competitive game will ever be really).

To your actual list of complaints:

Potato teammates - you were there once, give them a break. it is not their fault the MM is broken and you can rank up pretty much by just being in a game as a survivor. Also, play a killer, then you do not have to worry about those potato teammates, in fact those will be yummi potato chips for you to eat. Then again, you will realize that those are a marginal minority of all survivors and will barely notice them :)

Dedicated servers - affect the killers just as much as they affect you. I cannot count the times survivors dodged hits that on my end sliced right through their heads. Or how many times I was lag frozen to death when picking up a survivor with network issues.

unsafe pallets - sure.. how about we talk about the god pellets and loops as well, eh?

insta downs, moris, strong killer perks - the survivors have those as well, you yourself listed the very things killers hate, so my suggestion: let's be more tolerant here and just accept that both sides have features we might prefer not to play against.

Your thread could very well be called: THE MINDSET OF SOME SURVIVORS NEED TO CHANGE REALLY. or even THE MINDSET OF SOME PLAYERS NEED TO CHANGE REALLY.

Peace man, play the way you like, just be nice to your fellow players, be those killers or survivors, gods or potatoes. :) as long as people are having fun and are being nice in general, the game will be just fine. Problems only start when entitlement and resulting toxicity kicks in and people start expecting others to play in a way that makes their lives easier, no matter the side they are on.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

It won't happen until the devs start pushing back on killers more. Unfortunately the good survivor mains left this game a long time ago so its just people like Tru3 who WHINES constantly about how 'easy' survivors' have it. Influencers like him is why the devs show too much cowardice to push back on the things you mention. The devs want Tru3 to keep playing.

Think back to the hex:ruin nerf and how it was 100% needed because it was an absolute trainwreck at low ranks. Despite that the subsequent nerd rage from people like Tru3 and this forum happened.

Until the devs push back, entitled killers will feel entitled, to everything you just mentioned.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    edited October 2020

Oh my God this is so true. I never since crossplay experienced no skill red ranks for both sides in all my days on this game. It is astounding and just furthers why rank doesnt matter.

• mydogmax19
    edited October 2020
  • mydogmax19

This is true. I dont like to bring moris at all when playing killer. It's fun to see the cinematic view on both sides but I know it's annoying to be morid just in general for various reasons. I most likely would bring one if I were to be doing a challenge definitely so your right on that one. However, I rarely bring it for the heck of it cause I just want to and not for reasons as to be toxic or mad from a previous game or something like that. Moris are just irritating so I understand not to be hasty about them when playing killer.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

There are so many pointless, redundant threads on this Forum. I'm going to boil it down for you:

1. There are no sides, not Killer and not Survivor. We are all playing the SAME game, and most of us play both roles.
    2. You do you. Bring whatever you want. Your builds are your own business.
    3. Nobody important really cares. Ignore the voices quacking in the dark on this Forum. They are the minority.

And here are the only three rules you should follow:

1. Don't cheat, either by hacks or lag spikes.
    2. Don't disconnect; if you start a game, finish it.
    3. Be humble in victory and courteous in defeat.

Forums like this are a Fun House Mirror, the distort everything and create a false impression of who the community is and what they want. The vast MAJORITY of people who play this game don't post or read posts here. So nothing you read here (including my little rants) has any value whatsoever. Just play the game, have fun, and if you aren't able to do that... move on.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

A lot of killers victimize theirselves on here, makes me embarrassed to call myself a killer main. Yikes. I wish everyone played a fair amount of each side, I think a lot of arguments would be avoided.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Buddy Im not saying Survivor mains shouldnt play Killer too to have an open mind like everyone else so dont try to debunk my argument with a baseless "whataboutthis" retort, this thread is about opinions on Killer mindset not Survivor mindset, if you want a thread about that create one and ill post an almost exact copy of my message but changing Killer for Survivor.

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68

Yes, this is actually true. BHVR gave out stats on this one, let me go see if I find them.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,697

Please bear in mind stats released by BHVR will be either:

• Outdated
    • Inaccurate
    • or Both

There are copious factors to take into account with recent stats released, and older stats are, well, old.

• narf
    narf Member Posts: 68

They literally only need to look at time played for this one mate. No bias in pure hours played.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,697

Hence the "outdated" part; if you can find recent stats about this then please, show me; I've been trying my best to keep up to date with everything BHVR say to their community for the better part of 3 years so I'm sure I've missed something.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

Who was the killer if you don't mind me asking? I was playing Ghostface on Coldwind at Rank 1 and was up against someone who escaped with a key when I hadn't seen them all game and was destroying their teammates in chase, They claimed in end game chat that they did all 3 generators and found the key in a chest when I said "Keys are fair and balanced" sarcastically.