The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers are still overpowered

I don’t know what kind of stats you devs use to determine which side needs to be reworked. But as far as I can see based on my experience playing both sides I find that I have a way easier time playing killer than I do survivor. It seems my teammates get ran on consistently and I barely make it out once every 4/5 games. I think some of these maps are too small for many of the killers’ speed/abilities, lack of decent hiding, poor pallet placements, and vaults can be too easily walked around due to the fact that walls are never long enough to make a difference. When I play killer I do not really have a hard time getting at least 2 kills every game. But the majority of the time it is 3-4 per match. Survivors have to work hard for very little reward and killers easily reap in way too many points. It is a little stressful at times dealing with the good survivors. But the hiding spots are just becoming too obvious that I don’t really get fooled. I think the hardest part is dealing with the 360s. But why do survivors have to do that to get a chase to last longer? The game should naturally have stuff in it that prolongs a chase. It’s too easy to down, hook and kill. Especially when you consider the add ons and Mori’s. It’s pretty bad. I understand as a survivor you are 1 of 4 you’re not meant to 1v1 the killer. But you should definitely think about fixing some things so they can have a better chance at not going down. Killers have too much regression on survivor objectives to keep up with the rate that killers do their objectives. I do it all the time. Pop is OP 😂

Comments

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 335

Funny coming from someone calling the self "toxic Myers" see ya self out bud.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Not necessarily overpowered, but they're definitely underrated by a lot of the mediocre players that think they're the best, and so when they go against average players and get beat, they the think the killer is useless.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Well yes of course I tremble in fear every time the OP clown comes after me. Yes in the right hands a killer can mess you up but they're far from OP and survivors can bring in some nasty things also. And a good survivor will loop a killer for a few gens.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I played Nurse before and after the rework. She is frustrating to play (at least on console) both ways. Nurse, like Blight, is one of those killers that is way better on one platform than another.

That, and she is bugged, with tons of dumb dead zone problems, and many of her addons are bad...

• Seanzu

Unfortunately, it's kind of a catch 22, you make her easier to play on console and she becomes unbeatable on PC.

• Raven014

That is true. It sucks though. They could at least fix the dead zone issues.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

I dont know why but killer are so op i can watch netflix when i play survivor and escape most of my game

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Well guess we should nerf Pig then, huh.

• Kbot22
    Kbot22 Member Posts: 96

The team is always bad tho 😳. The rank ~15s are better than the teammates I get playing with my one friend. (I know toxic swf)

• Seanzu
  • Raven014

They'll also give her a TR of 4 m when crouched. Just to rub it in.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

It is kind of funny how a vast majority of threads complain about survivors being too good, and we get brave people time for time, saying the opposite although almost nothing supports it.

I will say, when I solo quque and hit 2 games in a row, where the killers are on mori streaks and 2 of my teammates are dead early, that game will be loss, but this happens 1 out of 15 days or so. the other 14 days as survivor it is open season on killers (as this game was designed)

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

Okay look take it from someone whose played This game since it came to console. As you play more you will realise what a lot of people are commenting on here are true. Killers are not op. No where near in fact. Even if it seems like it now for you. They are not. Right now a lot of killers are actually quite weak or broken because of the recent patch and it's not exactly getting better. I'm not saying your a bad survivor. Far from that. But I will see you really should change the title of your post. You're gonna get tons of hate and I don't want that to scare you away from the community.

But you do sound quite new which although isn't a bad thing it means you don't fully understand the killer/survivor dynamic. Seriously watch some YouTube vids on it and you'll see just how weak killers can seem.

But by using the title that you have you sound whiney and like a baby survivor to a lot of people and that's gonna invalidate your argument for most people. So just mind your wording yeah? And try and get the full experience before making such an extreme claim. Hopefully this doesn't sound too condescending. Lol

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

His title is intentional. It's in all caps, the entire post is a entitlement mentality. The sarcastic 'lol' emoji at the end is a cherry on top.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

I played this game for almost 3.000 hours, and yes, for some killers this game is easy as hell. You can't do anything against a good nurse or a spirit with a 100$ headphone or a semi good pay to win freddy. And if you don't play SWF you can't do anything against other 3-4 killers.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

The devs don't know how to manage the killer player base. That's the long story short.

Think back to the hex:ruin changes that 100% NEEDED to happen due to the trainwreck games at low ranks for new survivors. Then think of the collective nerd rage and influencers like Tru3 WHINING about 'poor killers'.

It's bad publicity, so the devs are stuck making changes that generally go in one direction: make killer easier.

The fact that this forum FAILS to even talk about swf vs soloQ, tells you all you need to know. Because soloQ is a trainwreck right now and this forum doesn't evolve beyond tribalistic killers vs survivors talking points.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

Pop OP, bro? Come on.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
  • ZackaryFreeman
    ZackaryFreeman Member Posts: 42

Simply learn to counter killers who can do that. An exposed shield would be terrible and would be abused so hard by so many survivors, it will also make killers such as Myers and Ghostface even weaker.

Just keep playing killer till you reach red ranks and face off against actual competent survivors, you will feel so powerless even though you're supposed to be the "Power role" in this game. There are only a few killers that can give good survivors a hard time, as most of the cast are just honestly underwhelming.

However, I do agree that the game is hard to learn, but I don't exactly see this as a really bad thing.

• turtlesforlife
    turtlesforlife Member Posts: 20

Saying that killers are op is getting repetitive if anything survivors are more op

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

It is normal for the killer to be the more powerful role the lower your rank and skill is. Have you ever watched a normal red rank gamplay? You can find one easily by searching on youtube for content creators like Tru3, Otzdarva, Monto etc. There you will see that it is not the Killers who are powerful but the survivors are.

It is true that some maps tend to create large death traps without pallets or windows to use like Shelter Woods, Wretched Shop or Disturbed Ward, but most maps have an acceptable distribution of pallets. Some still have tons of pallets (Ormond) which needs to get fixed though, since it provides really nasty loops to go against.

Survivors have enough tools to prolong the chase: Pallets, Windows, Jungle Gyms, Insta-Vault Build (Resilience+Spine Chill), Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, Lithe, Balanced Landing, Decisive Strike (if used like a weapon), Adrenaline, "Bottled Time", Syringe and the teammate who tanks a hit for you. Killers only have Bloodlust. They need to do mindgames or use their power to get to you, and many of these powers are not usable in chase well enough. there's only a few perk which help with the chase: Bamboozle, Brutal Strength, Enduring+Spirit Fury, STBFL an PWYF for some killers.