The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers are still overpowered

2»

Comments

• vKishiBatv
    vKishiBatv Member Posts: 20

I mean, I can see where you're coming from, but its really no cause for complaining.. There's plenty of ways survivors can outmatch Killers and vice versa.. I havent played Killer seriously enough in the passed few days (been trying to farm up BP for teachables) so I wouldn't know about the game being "Killer sided".

Anywho, good luck in the coming matches..

• Chance4Doom
    Chance4Doom Member Posts: 19

I don't think killers are overpowered. It's the circumstances that can make them powerful... or weak... I main Pig, you see. If all my traps are removed quickly, I'm worthless. If the survivors abuse a strong loop, I'm worthless. If the survivors run me through every window and pallet, I can't do anything. If I trap two people and they run around for a long time, Pig is amazing. If I moondash into a survivor, Pig is amazing. If I pull a Jake off of a gen, Pig is amazing. It's about luck of the game and skill of the players.

I'd say SWF is overpowered, not killer. Killer is tough, especially when every survivor has Dead Hard, Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, and Iron Will. If anything, survivors need a nerf. Where I think most survivors who complain are going wrong is that they don't know how to counter the killers. Learn the powers and how to avoid them. Playing killer is the best way to learn, but optional. I can counterplay Pig almost perfectly as survivor because I main her and know her kit. People who complain about balance need to try both sides.

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158

No that’s the easy part. The hard part is learning the tiles and how to properly loop. I have 1k hrs and still only know a fraction of tiles on maps. I play solo red rank games and only survive MAYBE 15% of the time and frankly that’s being generous. Good teammates are what wins games. Period. If your team is ######### you can pretty much assume the killer is going to get a 4k or a 3k with hatch.

I’m sick of hearing “M1 is so hard blah blah blah.” Going by your logic then as killer all you have to do is hold W and press M1 or M2. GGEZ. I think not.

This game takes thousands of hrs to master. It is not ez for killer or survivor. SWF is what’s op especially if they are any type of good.

• Thratcher
    Thratcher Member Posts: 12

It goes both ways pal, both sides can be absolutely broken and unfair to the other

• Thratcher
    Thratcher Member Posts: 12

Just sit on someone with a trap and look away. Some Pig did that to me and it's absolutely broken. Ez 4k

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277
  • BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

Nice bait bro

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156

You know its just bait and ######### posting when the OP says something then never replies on their own thread. Smh.

• mike2835
    mike2835 Member Posts: 83

Hey the new escape rate says it all. Only 12% of survivors actually survive. It used to be 50/50. I'm sure it will get worse with the dev's reworking more maps. Why am I running into a room in a chase to see the dev's have blocked 3 door and turned it into a dead end. The killers get more buffs on these new maps. Loops that are worthless, half the pallets are gone. It only takes one dumb survivor to ruin a match.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

Bruh this better be a joke. Killers are trash and need ultimate buffs. Survivors are the overpowered ones

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I can attest fully that killers are not just "still overpowered" but extremely overpowered. Stats is also evidence. It's up to the devs to improve the quality of gaming experience for the inferior side.

• MovementZombieYT
    MovementZombieYT Member Posts: 1

uhh I can't be bothered to read peoples discussions. Killer seems easy for you because it's up to u whether u play well or not where as if you play survivor you need teammates to at least to do some work but there is no end of variables that are changing every game and the balance of overpoweredness is leaning towards the surviours as if they is 4 amazing surviours most if not all killers won't "win" however a killer can play perfectly and still not get a 4k which is kinda dumb if the killer kills 3 people the hatch opens up no matter the gens (which is dumb I prefer the older way) however if 3 people escape does the killer get a way to instantly kill the 4 survivor by random (like the hatch) they're also many tactics that surviours can do to waste so much time and that time is x3 because of other survivors should be doing gens split up even running straight can buy minutes of time this amplified by perks that work well together (ds + Unbreakable + soul gaurd) that's literally a whole minute of the survivor be unkillable and all survivors can have this.

One reason killers are getting stronger is because where actually going to a more balanced playing field look at 2015-2018 gameplay the game was stupidly in survivors favour this is the closest we've been to a balanced field

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

Why do killers act like all survivors do is gens lol are yall so traumatized by looping and juking that you just block that whole part of our job out lool

• douggie123

Out of curiosity I'm guessing your a survivor main. Sorry but how are killers overpowered when in like a 2 - 3 minute chase with one survivor. 2 - 3 gens pop. How the hell is that showing killer as overpowered. Do explain.

• siren_sorceress

Huh? Killer should be balanced evenly against 4 survivors. Not overpowered. Smh.

• douggie123

This is called "broken" b r o k e n "broken" understand

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
  • Fonay
    Fonay Member Posts: 15

There is some merit to this post and others like this. Imo some of the newer killers/reworks are bit overturned on reference to their base kit, they try to be good at everything to give as big of an advantage as possible and with good perk and add on mixup they can take advantage of their abilities a bit too well.

I think, that killers should excel at one or two things and be average at rest. In doing that the killers should be forced to play more around one specific game style. This would allow for more "uniqueness" and counterplay but as I said,killers should excel at these points so in right hands after some practice it wouldn't be to challenging (although probably more than now) to still win.

Let's talk freddy, what exactly is he meant to do? I was always confused since the rework, with right add ons and perks he can basically slow all objective progress to nothing, his dream snares make long term looping practically impossible and the ability to put insta pressure anywhere through teleportation. Again, I ask: what is freddy meant to do? Slow the game till he can kill everyone before the gens can be completed? Or is it that he should be able to apply instant pressure anywhere on the map and disable the survivors ability to loop properly? Right now he can do too much, especially if you look at someone like trapper or clown whose lack of ability and gamestyle variation is plain to see.

Clow is good at breaking loops, same as freddy. So far so good, but it's all he has. There is nothing more. So how is it balanced to have one killer's ability on different one and then more?

Then there is also trapper. Trapper needs to take time to set his traps, before he can do anything he needs to think of trap placement and take his time to actually place his traps. Giving survivors a free reign over the game at the start, if you want to use your power to its fullest. And then in few seconds survivors can disarm his traps, rendering his ability quite useless.

My point being that I quite frankly agree that some, not all, killers are bit overtuned while also seeing that some are rather subpar; not to mention wraith, who is practically useless for his "invisibility" is too easy to notice.

Now that I went after good and bad killlers I should talk about one of the more balanced ones(although he's very annoying).

Doctor. Doctor excels at finding and looping survivors while also being able to slow the game a bit. His abilities allow him to find survivors easily around the map forcing easy chases while also making it quite hard to loop him, resulting in survivors having to chase him in less conventional ways to try to counterplay(at least they should). This gives him rather clear gamestyle - find and destroy. The additional ability to slow the game although not to great with base kit and add ons can be abused with right perks making him bit more frustrating to play against a although still balanced in a way.

So while I can agree with statements such as "killers op" or "killers useless" I can see how both sides are in some shape or form right on certain matters whilst completely missing the point on others.

Tl;Dr killers aren't just too strong or too weak but some killlers are quite stronger and overpowered than others while some are subpar and some are balanced.

• douggie123

Mate, are you moaning about a much needed freddy rework. He was terrible and now he is good. It is a killers job to shut down loops

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

The stats are meaningless in terms of displaying how strong killers are considering the vast majority of survivors don't even know how to loop, route, juke or make overall good decisions even on red ranks.

You can't balance the game around people who drop shack pallet at 5 gens after getting hit.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657

I think we've set the bar too low for sentience.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003

We should just buff killers more but in a way that requires more skill and brain though so either you can just M1 or if your smart just used techniques that are used with the power.

• Fonay

Right, cool hes meant to shutdown loops, like clown, so why everything else? My point the whole time was that his base kit allows doesn't leave too much counterplay. And what can you say that disproves that?

• Fonay

I'm just saying that right now freddy does too much too well and doesn't leave much counterplay. I realise he was weak beforehand but he is strong right now cus he can do so much with his base kit. Even if I'm complaining it doesn't make it false.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

Having played for a few weeks now, it definitely appears to me that killer gets harder as you play against better rank survivor teams whereas surviving gets generally easier playing against a better rank killer.

I only play as a duo/solo queue so I do make allowance that this makes it a bit harder and while I don't like the idea of using perk slots for kindred and bond etc. It's actually made a huge difference in at least ensuring no depip in red ranks as survivor.

As a survivor I genuinely think freddy is a total pain in the ass, he has so many powers and such good gen control through his teleport that as solo queues at least he's really tough and irritating.

Dunno about anyone else either but leatherface (at least in solo queues) I find almost as horrific ATM. Why even have an M1... He never uses it, literally only uses chainsaw which seems to last forever.

I don't know what the solution is, so I'm not trying to cry tears over him, but in my experience over the past few weeks he is one of the worst killers to go against because all he does is either face camp - meaning boring gen rush and 3 man escape with no real fun gameplay. Or pretty much risk everyone going down as he just chainsaws for so long with pretty much no penalty.

With SWF and Comms he is totally counterable and I've had a few solo queue games where by luck we all had BT and other good perks against him but overall he's just really stale due to his neverending 1 hit chainsaw.

Personally I think they should limit his turning angle or speed. It's faster, it 1 hits multiple survivors and has basically no restrictions on movement- why wouldn't you only ever use it!

Again, just my experience in solo/duo queue but interested if anyone else thinks *sigh* here we go again against every leatherface...

🙌🏻

• Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444

I have bad news there is a 5000hr clown consieuer heading to one of your macthes soon

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

The more you play this game the more you understand why your argument is wrong. It sounds like you're just not that great at loops and linking different loops together to stay alive or counter playing killers.

Most of the killers have to use their perks and knowledge and add ons as best they can to trick, counter, and take advantage of their ######### ups. Being able to do that is what separates good killers from the average or bad killers. Being able to turn the tide of a match last minute from a 4 man escape to a 3 or 4k game.

Survivor is more fun especially if you as a survivor know how to deal with most killers and link your loops it's usually an easy time especially if the killer doesn't try things to throw you off or change up their tricks.

Tldr: it sounds like you have more learning to do on survivor and you're good at killer or your survs you play against aren't good enough.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

The misconception, that I believe many people have, is that the DEV are looking strictly at survival ratios to make their determinations. That is clearly incorrect. The game measures things on many different levels. You can die in a match and still score lots of BP and Pip up. The Killer can get a 4K and still lose a Pip? Do you follow? This game isn't about a specific match. They are looking at how people progress and count a game as a win for you if you Pip up. They are counting it as a wash for you if you don't Pip, and if you Pip down that is really the only way you are considered to be losing. It isn't tied strictly to the live/die ratio.

People focus on those numbers, but the DEV do not.

• MrBifkin
    MrBifkin Member Posts: 17

Don't pin so much of the fun of the game on wether you get out or not, I class any game I score 20K+ in as a win and I win nearly everytime. I only get out maybe 2 out of 5-6 matches.

• siren_sorceress

Okay and what? What about killers with high mobility and high lethality? What's your point? I rarely see low tier killers lol. And when I do it's usually with strong add ons. Suboptimal killers can destroy most survivors with mid to strong killers. There are more cheesy lethal killers than not. And it only takes one garbage rando to take out the whole team.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It's not that killer are overpowered.

It's just that

flex

we killer players

more flexing

are just that incredibility and undeniably

winks at fainting woman

good at everything we do

puts on sunglasses

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

You feel you win matches a lot that you couldn’t with Freddy?

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Yes actually. Imo you're just bad if you think nurse isn't in her OWN tier on the killer tier list.

Freddy and spirit are just SSS tier.

Nurse is SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS tier.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

you cant say that "X side is OP" because in general killer nor survivor are unbalanced but there are variables that get brought into the equation that turn the tables of balance, for example if a solo team versing a killer with 2k hours, killer sided, solo team all with ds unbreakable against the same killer, survivor sided, now the killer brings a mori, killer sided. you cant use an umbrella term to describe the balance in this game