The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Console players making DBD a whole lot less fun

I don't expect anyone to care at all about this, but since the crossover with consoles there has been a HUGE reduction in playing the game with skill and fairness. Out of my last 10 matches, by no joke 8 of them have been killers who just camp and tunnel the ENTIRE game, they don't even touch gens. True this happens with PC players, but not like this. With PC killers you can usually tell they're doing it purposefully and with malice, console users just seem to think this is the way to play. Survivors often farm you on hook and don't do gens(again, happens with PC too, but it is epidemic with console users). The situation is made worse by the fact that you really cannot talk with them before or after match. You can type something of constructive criticism, but no doubt they haven't read it, and are not going to be able to respond given there is no easy keyboard access. I was grateful for the after game chats where others gave me constructive criticism and tips on how to be a better killer/survivor when I was a new player. Ultimately that helped a lot, and I don't see how console users are going to get the same immersion and experience when they can just continually tunnel/camp their way through the ranks like they do, unaware of the finer points of playing a good match that's fun for both sides. You also cannot opt out of crossover play because your queue never pops and it's not even an option. The idea it was even added as optional is a joke because there is no one to play with. I'm starting to lose that feeling of fun and affection I had for this game, as the experience I'm going to have in any given match has become utterly predictable and infuriating. I loved it before the crossover with consoles, it was great.

Comments

• Allhel1
    Allhel1 Member Posts: 56

Ive noticed PlayStation has some of the worst problems from the incredibly bad lag at the start of round, toxic survivors and killers, and hate messages. On pc it’s not as bad same with Xbox I’ve never tried switch or mobile but I can for sure say that your experience is generally gonna be worse on PlayStation the only thing is now with cross play if your on PlayStation your getting the bad from every source. For the last couple months it’s just been potato’s for survivors and cheap or sweaty killers.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

Hey, the constant bugs and fps problems are making DbD less fun for console players, too, so take comfort in the fact that both sides are miserable.

• HexBeingNice
    HexBeingNice Member Posts: 10

I didn't mention anything about technical issues. You guys don't have reading comprehension. I'm talking about behavior and knowledge of how to play a match in a mutually fun way, not camping/tunneling. How do technical issues make you tunnel/camp? lol

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Oh, PC Elitism. People tunnel/camp because they can, not because of the plastic they play on. Stop blaming people by the platform they're on.

All it does is make you seem like you want excuses. "Damn this killer! Oh wait, it's console player! Now it makes sense"

Just stop. And if your team is going down due to a killer camping, then it sounds like you earned the de-pip since the counter to that is to just leave the person on the hook. Scummy? Yeah, but it guarantees the killer de-pips. If you keep rewarding him for camping, that's your own fault.

• HexBeingNice
    HexBeingNice Member Posts: 10

You didn't even listen to what I said at all, you just drew your own conclusions. I'm not a "PC Elitist", I just want to play a fair match with people who don't think they have to camp and tunnel to win. I also didn't say anything about "de-pipping", I couldn't care less. You guys don't understand what is being said, you're just getting defensive about consoles and putting words in my mouth.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

"Console players making dbd a whole lot less fun" sounds pretty pc elitist to me, you claiming any non pc platform is affecting your experience for the negative..id suggest you rethink a few things before claiming your not being elitist tbh

• AshesofDreams
    AshesofDreams Member Posts: 20

It's legitimately hilarious to me that people actually think people who gravitate towards one specific system have different ways of thinking and will be inherently better or worse. You thinking that "console players" are any different from "pc players" is why people are writing off this thread. People are just people, the choice to buy a PS4 over a PC doesn't indicate a different way of thinking or behavior. The only one who's maturity is being revealed here is you.

To help you out, the reason you may be seeing more bad players is because consoles have more players than pc overall, so with a larger pool of people come more bad players than you had before. Bad players will always be a thing in any online game, deal with it.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,142

Doesn't matter what you play dbd on. You will get tunneled by a killer just because they want you gone.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Turn off crossplay if you don't like us console players then.