If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Closing the hatch..

Options
DannySanWolf
DannySanWolf Member Posts: 16
edited June 2018 in General Discussions
One of the best features about this ptb, being able to close the hatch makes endgame as killer much more fun and less boring and predictable. I hope this carries over to the official 2.0.0 patch. 

Comments

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    edited June 2018
    Options

@DannySanWolf they should give survivors a base boost to generator progression, though, if they are the last one remaining. If they don't, everyone will start running keys and/or Left Behind in anticipation for being the last one alive. I HATE keys mid match.
    And reveal the last survivor aura if they do not work on a gen for 10 seconds after about 2 minutes. That way noone holds the game hostage(happened to me already), taking 15 minutes to find them(not kidding).

• KroolTheField
    KroolTheField Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 47
    Options

@DannySanWolf said:
    One of the best features about this ptb, being able to close the hatch makes endgame as killer much more fun and less boring and predictable. I hope this carries over to the official 2.0.0 patch. 

Devs are more likely going to implement a solution for survivors to deal against this feature because it's a tiny bit op for killers I have to admit. They will most likely implement a key that will spawn in the basement which can open the hatch again. Repairing a generator could also work.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

It sounds like too much time and effort to reopen and escape. Versus a good killer, the cat and mouse would probably take over five minutes, assuming I know where the hatch was to begin with. I'd rather start a new game.

Personally I wouldn't bother unless there was a BPS on the line. If killers wanted the free last kill, they can get it.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

@ZombieGenesis said:
    I loved how with the hatch closing survivors are all "Yeah, but the last survivor should get X buffs!" Killers have had to deal with this situation for years with no buffs when the gens were all powered and the gates opened. Why should survivors get it the other way?

That said, I don't think generators are the way to go to open the hatch (and there should be a way to re-open it). Gens might be one option but there should be a key or a switch somewhere that the survivor can throw to open it. There should be more than one option though so a killer can't just camp on the singular way to open a hatch.

i mean, you always had the option to stand there and grab them from the hatch. Has happened to me before after like a 20 minute standoff lol. And like, can we also please remember there's time where you'd find the survivor before the hatch? The problem was nobody wanted to budge; the standoff...

but closing the hatch infinitely seems to be a problem. I'm all for closing the hatch, but what's gonna stop them from standing there, closing it until the exit gates are down, than patrolling the ever so-close gates?

Already mentioned too that the survivor can hold the game hostage, with no proof that they are...

A few suggestions have flied up:
    1. Make the hatch open like an exit gate. Add lights, so when attempting to open, similar to the gates, a light begins to shine so the killer is aware. Can also be reopen by completing a gen.
    2. Killer only able to close it once. Closing the hatch "breaks" it, allowing it only to be opened once more and
    cannot be reclosed once repairing a generator.
    3. Spawn a key in the lockers, supplying a search subject to them. There's so many, and would give such more purpose to the lockers than hiding. < My favourite.
    4. Add a timer on when the hatch can be reopen on its own. After X minutes if the survivor cannot manage to complete a gen (High patrol. I mean, if there's 3/4 gens, not hard at all to patrol.) the hatch shall reopen.
    5. Speed gen boost (but there's left behind lol), bring keys (pointless if they have franklins), and aura revealing (just...lol)
    6. ######### the hatch issa hoe

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@ZombieGenesis
    Already saud this, but remember when devs said camping is OK? Well they also said survivors are just people with a common goal, not a team. That was the reasoning on the HATCH EVEN EXISTING. They put it their fir the guy who has the other survivors epically fail.

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@ZombieGenesis
    Now that makes sense to me, yeah. Just that the reason people are complaining is, that ‘chance’ is much to low, almost 0% even. It should be 30-40% if you haven’t been found, and have enough gens done. It’s meant to disbalance the killer=4 survivors. Making the last guy stronger than a single survivor, and closer to equal with the killer. Indeed the team failed, the killer HAS already won

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

The closing hatch mechanic is great. You can prepare for it by 99% a generator, or simply being good at stealth.

I think they should introduce some time limit for the Survivor though, with a completed gen adding to the time remaining.

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    The closing hatch mechanic is great. You can prepare for it by 99% a generator, or simply being good at stealth.

I think they should introduce some time limit for the Survivor though, with a completed gen adding to the time remaining.

Already is a time limit. How long does it take the killer to get a recorder set up for your ban when you haven’t touched gens, whilst they are using billy chainsawing to each gen

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Already is a time limit. How long does it take the killer to get a recorder set up for your ban when you haven’t touched gens, whilst they are using billy chainsawing to each gen

That can be anywhere from 20+ minutes. I'd rather them just lose in 5 minutes if they decide they dont wanna do gens.

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@weirdkid5 said:

That can be anywhere from 20+ minutes. I'd rather them just lose in 5 minutes if they decide they dont wanna do gens.

Who wouldn’t. But what if billy decides to chainsaw wicked fast with no time to hide between gens? What then. Is he holding it hostage for giving zero chance to repair? Not rhetorical

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Who wouldn’t. But what if billy decides to chainsaw wicked fast with no time to hide between gens? What then. Is he holding it hostage for giving zero chance to repair? Not rhetorical

Then he either can choose to attempt, or just accept that L for allowing the game to get to the point of a 3 gen in the first place

• Jack11803
    Options

@weirdkid5

LIFE SUCKS

• weirdkid5
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    @weirdkid5

LIFE SUCKS

Besides. I've already been a Billy in a 3 gen before. It's hard but not impossible. If you're decent at stealth, you can lead him on a wild goose chase if you toss up multiple gens. You can keep him guessing at your true whereabouts.

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@weirdkid5

Well, either way life sucks for me. Salty killer man dude thing flagged me ten times for spam, after I told him about my bet for 100 downvotes in 2 weeks (reward being 50$) so he switched his downvotes to spam flags...

Flags still count as downvotes.... and when reported mods see I got spammed with spam flags, that’ll be juicy irony. Lose lose for him.

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Jack11803

If you know the report is false just ignore it. I was hit with 3 "abuse" flags cause of that salt thread I made linking to my twitch video despite not offending anyone nor there being anything inappropriate. I did smack talk sure, but so have members of the dev team as well as the mods. It's a part of gaming.

• Jack11803
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    @Jack11803

If you know the report is false just ignore it. I was hit with 3 "abuse" flags cause of that salt thread I made linking to my twitch video despite not offending anyone nor there being anything inappropriate. I did smack talk sure, but so have members of the dev team as well as the mods. It's a part of gaming.

I did ignore it, and continued to mention how it wouldn’t work to him, he’s been silence since, also he got a taste of eye bleed yellow

• Jack11803
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    @Jack11803

I did ignore it, and continued to mention how it wouldn’t work to him, he’s been silence since, also he got a taste of eye bleed yellow

Got the 100th from someone else, he’d have to undo his “work” to prevent my pay day :p