If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

No access to cross platform friends after linking account with BHVR account.

Options
MrBifkin
MrBifkin Member Posts: 17

No access to cross platform friends after linking account with BHVR account.

Linked the account with my BHVR account for PC & Stadia. Once that was done on my PC steam account I have no access to my friends playing PS4, most of my steam friends are still there but some are gone. I sent new friends requests to them but they don't get them.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Constant, not and on and off issue.

DOCUMENTS TO ADD

• N/A

HOW TO GET YOUR LOGS (THIS PART ONLY APPLY TO PC PLAYERS):

N/A

17 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• MrBifkin
    Options

Update, I unbound my Steam Account from my behaviour account and have lost all my BP and Shards (Both types) all where wiped to 0. All character Bloodweb progress was reset to before I bound the account.

But on the plus side it resolved the issues with the friends list. That is back to normal. 😂

• MrBifkin
    Options

Update 2, I can no longer relink my Steam Account due to a 60 day waiting period between binding accounts and even when I do it will undo all the progress I make between now and then, so what is the point?. So all progress and shards are essentially gone for good. As well as all the event items BP and shards. I wanted to buy a few outfits too while they were on sale and that can't happen because they will just get wiped too. YAY!

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 551
    Options

I have the same problem. I sent the support yesterday a mail, no response yet. Also my Rift Progress and all Challenges were gone. I had to do them again. Pls Bhvr, do something. Thats not how you should treat your customers.

• MrBifkin
    Options

RIP all our Auric Cells, Shards, BloodPoints, Character Progression and Rift Progress. Ye will be missed.

• MrBifkin
    Options

Update 3 - I'm playing but not gaining any shards while playing. Some of my items are still in my inventory from after the account merge, but it doesn't seem like all of them.

• DerpyTreeStump
    DerpyTreeStump Member Posts: 8
    Options

Have they released anything about fixing this yet? Cause it has been two weeks and more with this issue. They still let people link their accounts and break them which ain't right if they aren't planning on fixing it. All I wanna do is play with a friend on Halloween but I did one thing and it has completely broken everything.

My friend even has told me that there is now two versions of me to send invites too nether work. One is from before my link and the other spawned from the cursed linking.

• MrBifkin
    Options

The only thing that worked for me was unlinking my Steam from BHVR and playing that way but it's set all my Cells, Shards and BP to 0. As well as reset all my progress I've made since back to what it was when I linked it. Plus now I don't get any  Iridescent Shards for playing, only for leveling up. It's completly broken yet they knew and didn't warn anyone?

• DerpyTreeStump
    Options

Jesus well I hope they fix this cause it has screwed a lot of people over and I know people have stopped playing cause they can't play with friends

• MrBifkin
    Options

Yeah it's crazy they haven't done something or said anything about it yet. Imagine having like 70k Cells bought when they were on sale and then this happening? haha ######### that.

• ohhhhamburgers
    ohhhhamburgers Member Posts: 9
    Options

Happened to me to. Me and another PC/Steam friend went to play with our Xbox console friend and he wasn't on our friends list. We were on his, but he couldn't invite us. It gave us the option to search for and send him a friend request, but that did nothing as we were still friends on his end.

My other PC friend tried to unlink his BHVR account and got an error. I told him not to try that again since all the reports people were losing BP and shards. I really hope they address this. Can't play with our console friend because we linked to BHVR. Feel like I should have known better.

• MrBifkin
    Options

@ohhhhamburgers Have you seen any posts or anything about it from BHVR? I didn't even know I would ruin the account if I did it.

• Antrapace
    Antrapace Member Posts: 253
    Options

So the problem has been around since the BHVR account launch, approx 2 weeks. No official mention but I’ve been doing my best to contact others to warn before they unlink. I created a thread for it and it was ranking quite high but for some odd reason it’s just slowly slipping away.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/199265/remove-broken-bhvr-account-cross-progression-until-fixed-please/p1

• ohhhhamburgers
    Options

@MrBifkin There is a similar post that is acknowledged about people not seeing their friends list once they link their account. I'm not sure about the losing of bp/shards as it didn't happen to me because I didn't try to disconnect. There are some comments in that thread as well mentioning the losing of account items. I'm guessing reading the below post, most of the people affected have console friends as they are not able see their friends list. The only people I can't see on my friends list are the console players. I can see all my Steam friends (I'm also on Steam).

As they acknowledged that post, I'm guessing that's why this one isn't. Seems to be the same issue.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/198734/cant-see-in-game-friends-list#latest

• MrBifkin
    Options

@ohhhhamburgers Thanks mate, I'll have a read through this.

• fo_shiz
    fo_shiz Member Posts: 21
    Options

I really wish Behavior would take this issue more seriously. The game feels broken to me and I haven't been able to play with my best friend for over a month now since linking them. I kept playing and have all this progress that I know I will lose if I choose to disconnect my steam and BHVR account.

PLEASE Behaviour, communicate to us when you think you will have this fixed or at least let us get all our progress if we unlink.

• DerpyTreeStump
    Options

I can't believe they are testing bloodlust instead of fixing crossplay. Like what are they doing?

• ohhhhamburgers
    Options

I know :( We have one friend on console, and the three of us that usually play all linked the accounts. So we have to find someone who didn't to invite him to the group. It stinks.

• fo_shiz
    Options

CAN NOT believe they're testing bloodlust instead of fixing this. It's been over two weeks since their last update. Like they were so worried about the whole 10 people with dead by daylight on the PS5 not being able to play they immediately addressed it and gave them 600,000 points, meanwhile many of us haven't been able to play with our friends for over a month now. Like #########.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    Options

I have an update, I just unlinked my account and lost a lot of progress: rift went back to level 1, tome 1 and 2 (both completed) went back to zero, 4 prestige levels lost, BUT at least my shards, BPs and ACs aren't gone. If everybody was losing BPs, shards and ACs, then probably they managed to fix this, at least...

• nskc
    nskc Member Posts: 21
    Options

Thanks for the update; can I ask if you made any purchases through the store after linking (cosmetics, licensed survivors/killers, new chapters, etc) and if you did, do you still have those purchases?

• LilRenlor
    LilRenlor Member Posts: 2
    Options

I really would like to be able to play with my friends, none of them play on my same platform. If the devs would at least acknowledge the issue and let us know they are going to fix it, that would ease my mind.

• fo_shiz
    Options

They've acknowledged it on the forums (there's been several threads with the same problem). I've also reached out to them and they said they are working on fixing it but they have no ETA. The upcoming Chapter 18 patch notes look disappointing though as it doesn't mention this issue on there anywhere.

• fo_shiz
    Options

Bloodpoints/shard/AC I believe are dependent on what you had before you connected your BHVR account. So when you disconnected it, it reset to what you had. At least that's what the fine print says, which was their intent and is not a bug.

• ohhhhamburgers
    Options

I'm just going to wait it out and not disconnect it. Here is hoping the "fix" isn't just waiting until the consoles are ready for cross progression and can link Behavior accounts.

• fo_shiz
    Options

I really hope the fix is sooner than that. Or at least some way of deactivating it so we can play with console friends again until it's ready for prime time.

• fo_shiz
    Options

BHVR emailed me this morning and said they fixed the cross play issue! Just restart your game and you should be able to re-add your console friends on PC and vice versa.

• fo_shiz
    Options

BHVR emailed me this morning and said they fixed the cross play issue! Just restart your game and you should be able to re-add your console friends on PC and vice versa.

• ohhhhamburgers
    Options

Thanks! I'm going to go check now!

• alxndrryan
    alxndrryan Member Posts: 1
    Options

I've been checking this thread everyday for an update. Thanks for letting us know!

• ohhhhamburgers
    Options

It appears to be resolved. I was able to re-add my console friends!

• MrBifkin
    Options

I still didn't get my cells back I got shards and BP though.