The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Huntress hitboxes...

So I don't know who's bright idea it was too make huntress hit boxes totally ######### but reverse the damn change until you can test them in a PTB. Revert her changes now >:( test her hitboxes next time.....

Comments

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261

@sorrowen said:
    So I don't know who's bright idea it was too make huntress hit boxes totally ######### but reverse the damn change until you can test them in a PTB. Revert her changes now >:( test her hitboxes next time.....

im pissed about that to and i main her ffs

• Demonsouls1993

100% shadow nerf

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

Nurse also got shadow buffed she gets less fatigue after long blinks.

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

I> @sorrowen said:

I miss survivors that be right in front of me, its ridiculous

• Demonsouls1993
    edited September 2018

i dare them to keep doing shadow nerfs like this see how fast the game dies when all of us killers stop playing

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Demonsouls1993 said:
    i dare them to keep doing shadow nerfs like this see how fast the game dies when all of us killers stop playing

Yep I'm sure the game will die when a few killers stop playing, I mean it's not like other killers won't enjoy faster lobbies or that survivors will jump for same reason.

Also Huntress hit boxes were buggy as heck when you could be 5 feet around a corner and she'd throw and hit you.

You'd also as Huntress watch your axes fly right through the middle of someones back and not get a hit and then throw 3 feet right and above their head and hit their foot.

• Demonsouls1993

@powerbats said:

@Demonsouls1993 said:

Yep I'm sure the game will die when a few killers stop playing, I mean it's not like other killers won't enjoy faster lobbies or that survivors will jump for same reason.

Also Huntress hit boxes were buggy as heck when you could be 5 feet around a corner and she'd throw and hit you.

You'd also as Huntress watch your axes fly right through the middle of someones back and not get a hit and then throw 3 feet right and above their head and hit their foot.

ya well nerfing the hit box is not a fix for it

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

>

True, but they had to do something since it was absolutely ridiculous. But once they get more hard data they can tweak it without breaking it.

• sorrowen

Had to do something is literally the worst way to make choices honestly...gameplay designs based on had to do something is illogical...

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

What's going on with the hit boxes?

• sorrowen

What's going on with the hit boxes?

Basically the devs decided to change her hatchet hitboxes and now you can’t hit ######### with them. And forget about melee hatchets survivors are immune too those. Let me say it’s not fun playing huntress now I thought the devs wanted fun? If you are gonna make changes don’t sneak them in patches....
  • DarkThomy
    DarkThomy Member Posts: 15

Did they already make shadow changes before ??..

• Demonsouls1993
    edited September 2018
    powerbats said:

>

True, but they had to do something since it was absolutely ridiculous. But once they get more hard data they can tweak it without breaking it.

I'm sorry but no a major change like this goes on the PTB and patch notes the devs are stupid for doing this
  • Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441

This needs to be bumped and brought to the devs' attention. She requires too much precision. If you made the old hitbox like 3/4 the size, it would honestly have been good enough to help get rid of the bs we saw as both killer and survivor. Now, though, hatchets get eaten and survivors just have to look behind them and they'll never get hit.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
  • sorrowen

I get hitbox changes but if you can't hit anything her power is basically useless.

• jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204

Unbelievable what they did. Disgusting.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

I just played a match and I was so frustrated. ;-;
    If not for having a daily, I would have dc'ed.

• Maximus7
    What makes this even worse is they decide not only was this not worth putting in a PTB, but not even in the damn patch notes. If this is how the devs want to go about with patches, then watch as killers just keep picking Billy and Nurse.
    And if THIS is their idea of balance, I'm scared about what they'll do with the Nurse nerf. Calling it now, once Nurse gets nerfed she'll be as bad as Freddy.
  • sorrowen

I'll play spirit until they fix it or Billy/Nurse I won't be subjected too such bone headed shadow nerfs. Actually all the shadow nerfing/buffing is a bad direction for the game to be going in. Nurse no recovers from longer blinks faster...Devs you have any idea what constitutes fun? missing hatchets because of poorly designed hitboxes isn't fun,shadow nerfs aren't fun and she already has 110% movement speed. Are Devs afraid of strong killers because they want fun? If you actually want this game to be competitive you are going to have too make all killers viable. Also make it actually harsh on survivors so it takes actual skill if you wanna be a E-sport ready game up the difficulty for survivor and make killers much more powerful. Also the objective needs work because it can be done so quickly. Make Huntress good again :) reverse this hitbox change asap

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Did Devs state "Yes, we did this intentionally"? Otherwise, this could be just a glitch that came with the patch. There has been so many, I wouldnt be surprised.

• sorrowen

I believe it was intentional but they didn't even test in PTB...because reasons?

• MongByeolBuddies
    MongByeolBuddies Member Posts: 146

Ok, well reading this helps me make sense of how in the only game I played with the huntress yesterday I got my first zero K. I've been playing the game and the huntress for around a month now on the PS4 and before the reset I had gotten up to rank 9. Yesterday my hatchet throws would get so close to the survivors but miss. I couldn't hit nothin. Aiming on the PS4 is hard enough; now I've got to be pinpoint accurate? Please go back to the old hit boxes.

• Maximus7

@PigNRun said:
    Did Devs state "Yes, we did this intentionally"? Otherwise, this could be just a glitch that came with the patch. There has been so many, I wouldnt be surprised.

McLean stated in Zubat's twitch chat that he was "95% sure the change was implemented and not put in patch notes"

• sorrowen

That's frankly unacceptable

• Megaris
    Megaris Member Posts: 105

her hatchet has another bug as this, so idk the hitbox change is nurf or bug.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/LaconicHappyDillKeepo

• myers_obsession
    myers_obsession Member Posts: 552

@not_Queen thats a joke, isn't it? Huntress isnt fun anymore. Fix this nerf! I litterly shot a hatchet in claudettes head... nothing happend. Maybe it was a few cm above her but really... you cant aim from distance now.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

"Adapt and git gud "

• sorrowen

Git gud is a parody at this point lol

• bob_bobber
    bob_bobber Member Posts: 54

Fatal bug
    need fix it.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

Imagine putting tons of hours into a killer and then the devs simply remove his/per power :lol:

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

Honestly, I am not accepting shadow nerfs in a game. It is just shady actions like this that really annoy me about developers, @not_Queen tagging you again until we get an answer on if this was intentional or not. I urge others to do the same, the lack of communication recently is beyond a joke.

• Demonsouls1993
    Maximus7 said:
    What makes this even worse is they decide not only was this not worth putting in a PTB, but not even in the damn patch notes. If this is how the devs want to go about with patches, then watch as killers just keep picking Billy and Nurse.
    And if THIS is their idea of balance, I'm scared about what they'll do with the Nurse nerf. Calling it now, once Nurse gets nerfed she'll be as bad as Freddy.
    That Billy and nurse thing has started even I switched to Billy and his 1 of my back up killers
  • Maximus7

https://gfycat.com/SphericalYearlyHeron

Just another example of how bad the change is

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Maximus7 said:

This needs to be bumped and brought to the devs' attention. She requires too much precision. If you made the old hitbox like 3/4 the size, it would honestly have been good enough to help get rid of the bs we saw as both killer and survivor. Now, though, hatchets get eaten and survivors just have to look behind them and they'll never get hit.

Precision yes. But there's times she could clip in front of you or get hit you from hitting her walls. Her hatchets had  bugged boxes for and against her it seems.
  • Maximus7

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Maximus7 said:

Precision yes. But there's times she could clip in front of you or get hit you from hitting her walls. Her hatchets had  bugged boxes for and against her it seems.

Yes, she had bs on both sides before. Now it's just bs against her.

With the way the hitboxes are designed, every other killer seems to have little to no issues. You have to make Huntress's hatchets unique if you don't plan on changing every environment hitbox and survivor hitboxes

• Dabrownman1812
    Maximus7 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Maximus7 said:

With the way the hitboxes are designed, every other killer seems to have little to no issues. You have to make Huntress's hatchets unique if you don't plan on changing every environment hitbox and survivor hitboxes

Yeh, for a while it was for her, the clips were so bad lol. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Maximus7 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Maximus7 said:

Not as bad as billy, he chainsaws the air next to me, or the game will drag me to his saw if from his view he scored a hit even though I dodged last second due to latency. And the killer cone is huge lol.
  • Maximus7
    Maximus7 said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Maximus7 said:

Not as bad as billy, he chainsaws the air next to me, or the game will drag me to his saw if from his view he scored a hit even though I dodged last second due to latency. And the killer cone is huge lol.
    Both of these are desync issues. The actual problem is no dedicated servers. That stuff goes away when you implement dedicated servers, not adjust hitboxes to be insanely small.
  • Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

And still waiting for a dev to answer to at least one of those topics about huntress hatchet...

• HarryHatchet
    HarryHatchet Member Posts: 29

Nurse/Billy meta here we go, thanks for that Devs, great changes.... what a joke this is

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Can confirm as well. Just played Huntress for daily and they are definitely off. It's a shame because I really started to enjoy Huntress. Would love an update on this.

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194

For those saying it wasn't in the patch notes. It's definitely there:

BALANCE
    Adjusted and shortened all Killer interrupt animations
    Killers with a 4.4 m/s move speed (The Hag, The Huntress and The Spirit) now lunge at the same speed as other killers.
    Adjusted the collision surrounding the Huntress' hatchets so it is more accurate to their shape

It's possible they might tweak it again if they feel it's still not working properly.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I play Huntress and I can confirm the hitboxes suck now. Before it sucked because they would hit invisible walls and stuff, but now it's just a mess. My hatchets should clearly hit and they miss it's quite annoying. I play the day before the patch and had no issue landing hatchets. Now I will get lucky if I hit 1 in 5. The frame rate issues on console don't help either.

• MuseMagician
    MuseMagician Member Posts: 26

This needs upvoted. This needs to be brought to the devs attention even if Queen already mentioned that they are aware of this. This is so stupid we have to deal with these kinds of nerfs.