Killers - ENOUGH WITH THE RUIN/UNDYING ALREADY

Christ almighty. Every other... no every 2 out of 3 games is this goddamned broken build. If the devs aren't going to fix it, how about you killers admit that it makes the game easy as goddamned hell and stop running it. I started equipping Small Game to hunt the totems down but it still doesn't help since the aura feature brings the killer to me and I end up getting stopped. Add Tinkerer or an Ebony Mori... this is just more freebie killer fun at survivor expense. When will you devs wake the F up.

Comments

• Impermanent
    Impermanent Member Posts: 48

If they choose to silence an aggravated player expressing the TRUTH, so be it. I wouldn't be surprised.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Without delving into the balance question itself, I'll just point out that Blight and his Undying perk only came out in September. It hasn't even been out for two months yet. Their current procedure with new characters and perks is to monitor and review them over a period of time after their release then include balance tweaks in a midchapter release.

For context, Pyramid Head was released in June, and they just released their balance tweaks for him in the 4.3.0 patch last week (i.e. 4 months later). So I fully expect that Blight will be on a similar schedule, with his balance changes (including his perks like Undying) coming in the January midchapter patch.

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 409
    edited November 2020

No way, with this they will only want to remove BT, which will keep DS

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

To be fair, I know most totem spawns and this combo still gets me just on how insanely strong it is if the entire team isn't focused on doing totems and/or you don't get Undying first. It is essentially the Solo Que stomper combo, because nothing capitalises on lack of communication like Hex perks.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

It makes it easier, but not easy. Try killer without those perks. 5 gens in 5 minutes.

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

As someone that plays a lot of killer and also uses it, I can tell you that most survivors in my games don't seem to have a problem with cleansing bones. If everyone looks out for them the game isn't easy for the killer. Infact the new ruin is fine how it is. If you are able to stay on the gen then you can still gen rush through this combo.

When I play survivor and face this combo I also don't feel overwhelmed by it, eventhough I only play Solo queue. It makes cleansing totems more satisfying and most of my games are not affected in an extreme negative way by it.

Killers need gen slowdown, that's why everyone is using it. It's certainly not stopping survivors from winning.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Ppl don't realise bt and ds can't go ad long as there's still scummy camping tunneling killers out there. Maybe if more of the killer community was more friendly instead of always creating an us vs them situation

• Withered8

The reason survivors use these perks is to stop scummy killers And maybe if there were less of them survivors wouldn't use these as much. And here we go another person assuming you can just spawn on both totems and take them out as if a killer doesn't exist in the game.

• Withered8

sure, just stop tunneling and camping every game because you're being outplayed or it's apparently the only thing u can do to win.

• Withered8

A lot of the ppl who do complain about the survivor perks do it because they want easy games where they can mindless tunnel camp and get free wins. Yes I know sometimes these perks can be abused and annoying against generally good killers but personally I find survivor second chances far less game changing than ruin undying.

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 409
    edited November 2020

Which can be obtain with a limited code via twitch x)

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I honestly like facing this combo, it ensures the killer won't camp and if they do then not only is half their build useless but you only have to get rid of 3 dull totems to make sure noed doesn't happen either.

Yeah it's strong but it makes killers not play dirty. I'd rather have longer harder to win games where you can interact a lot then shorther games where you have one chase and then die on the first hook.

Seriously ask yourself how often have you been camped when killers ran this combo?

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,439
    edited November 2020

Because it brings back a perk build that makes it so i don't lose 3 gens in the first minute 30 of the match as i down the first person.

So no, i won't stop using it until survivors stop gen rushing.

• Withered8

So the killer just lets u sit on a gen for over a minute and doesn’t apply any form of pressure. What rank r u at again?

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Official killer circlejerk thread no.1245

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    edited November 2020

Don't worry. I'm sure they'll nerf it in no time. Provided their track record

Post edited by LuffyBlack on
  • the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175

don't use ds and unbreakable then

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

It's strong, it's in the game, I plan to use it. There are some things I refuse to use, like NOED, camping, or tunneling, but RuinDying imo is fine (just not with Tinkerer) so I'm gonna use it. If I stop seeing Prove Thyself every single game I play, I might be more open to negotiation.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

Since i use Detective's Hunch or Small Game on every survivor, the only case where it was really frustrating was when the killer had a really good start and was downing people left and right. But in this case, chances are high the killer would win anyways, even without that build. In every other case i have to say, it gives the killer some time and some early game pressure if played right (much like old Ruin), but it can be easily gone in seconds and it's not that hard to find with the right tools. Most killers with R+U do not have any backup perk to slow down the game, which makes their mid-late game very weak once Ruin is gone.

• oooK3NJ1ooo
    oooK3NJ1ooo Member Posts: 81
  • Withered8

But ur assuming a killer takes 80 seconds to down someone? If a killer is taking that long to down someone then they don't deserve to be winning that game.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Wait survivors outside of redranks do things? Wuuuut?