Bringing back a relevant topic:

Money_Mike
Money_Mike Member Posts: 22
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

I'm not sure how many people agree with me, but this game has a SERIOUS issue that I can't believe is STILL an issue here near the end of 2020. The issue on topic is:

Outdated animations and grabbing.

Seriously, I can't even begin to to tell you how many times I SHOULD HAVE grabbed a survivor when playing as killer, and times I SHOULD HAVE BEEN grabbed while playing survivor. Why do I get punished as killer when I should be grabbing survivors off a gen while they are dedicated on it? We all know THAT scenario, where the survivor has the gen 96%-99%, you go to sneak up on them, you go to grab them, YOUR KILLER'S HAND REACHES OUT TO GRAB THEM, and then suddenly DING gen done, and your killer's hand is back on their side and the survivor isn't grabbed, and both of you have no idea what the heck just happened, forcing you to get a basic attack in INSTEAD of grabbing them like it SHOULD HAVE done. This is also applied to windows, dropped pallets, survivors saving another survivor off the hook, and survivors coming out of lockers. Vice versa whenever I play survivor. I SHOULD NOT be rewarded for dedicating a gen when the killer is right next to me at 96%-99%. This issue has PLAGUED the game FOR YEARS, and of course there are times where I SHOULDN'T be getting grabbed by the killer either. You know, I'm already like 98% across a dropped pallet, when suddenly, GRABBED! This is also a serious issue in and of itself. There needs to be a smooth animation that plays when vaulting a pallet or window. I mean, come on, the current animation is so bad. Why can't it be a smooth animation like it is on killers vaulting windows? (I'm not even so sure about that, either. All of the animations are so janky). The times I've been grabbed as survivor is because the animation has to lock you in place dead-center of the pallet, and I mean DEAD-CENTER. It has to pull you towards the center if you are too far to the left or right of the pallet, THEN your survivor jumps onto the pallet and slides. It is a horrible and janky animation that has been outdated for so long. I guess what I'm suggesting for BHVR is instead of focusing on doing a graphic and design rework for maps, FIX THE ANIMATIONS. If they fixed vaults across windows for the hitboxes, they sure as heck can for pallets and grabbing registration.

Comments

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Because it's a killer problem, and killer problems take years to fix. God loops and soundless survivors, right?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Man grabs have been bugged to hell since back when dedicated servers were released and it's still broken. The issue is related to ping but you'd think it would've been fixed by now.

• Money_Mike

I don't think it's JUST a killer problem, but as a problem IN GENERAL for the game. I know that these redesigns and graphical updates for the maps almost entirely remove god loops, so long as breakable walls are still up. There are also things in the way that weren't there before, so there's that. I don't know about soundless survivors, though. I've never heard that issue before since that Ash problem not too long ago. (You know, the one where Ash was completely silent without Iron Will?)

• Money_Mike

You know, that is correct. Ping does play a big part in the issue. But you are right. It should have been fixed by now. Like I said, if they can do it for window vaulting, they can do it for everything else.