Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Cannot change killers in lobby, survivors can

Hi,

Im having this terrible bug where i cannot change my killer while i join a lobby. But when survivors prepare themself, they somethimes are able to switch survivor 2 seconds before the match starts.

I think its crucial that you can change a killer depending on the survivors you face?

This surely cannot work as intended right?

0 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• HemoValencia
    HemoValencia Member Posts: 9

they changed it a bit back. you have to choose the killer you want to play before joining a match lobby. survivors can still change, but as a killer, you are locked in to the character, but can change your perks/addons.

• TheTulipana
    TheTulipana Member Posts: 12

This is not a bug, but intended.

They changed this because they were creating an MMR system, were you would have different ranks on different killers. So if you are good at huntress you would be matched against good survivors, and if you were trying nurse for the 1st time you would play against lower ranked survivors. So when you start searching for a match it searches for survivors near that killer's rank. So they locked which killer you are queueing as, so that you can't just queue as your worst killer, get matched against low rank survivors, and then switch to your best killer and just obliterate them.

However when the MMR system was released it didn't work very well, so the removed it and are currently reworking it. They kept killer lock-in because they want people to get used it.

And survivors can still change in lobbies because different survivors are just skins, they all work the same.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

Ah good to know thx