Falsely Reported for Greifing

Options

TLDR; The title says it all – and what follows is me just being maybe whinny. I seriously, seriously doubt I’m the first to talk about this lol.

So I didn’t heal this guy. I miss-click and panic and run and chainsaw boy is bearing down on us. Once the game was over I got a fair score (fair enough to show I’m clearly not a greifer) and hell, all four of us survived the trial anyway.

But two players said they reported me! I also get called a “useless nob”. I’m shocked and a little heartbroken. How many strikes do I get before I’m banned for incompetence? How long until the strikes clear?

Seriously I only have about 12 hours in this game and I already get this? Just how common is this sort of behavior?

Also... erm... hello.
I think this game is really fun! My only concern is the community.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

If you're not hacking or exploiting, you're in the clear. Ignore people who say they report you for this or that. Close the chat or leave the lobby ASAP - that's my advice.

• TreblucFayle
    TreblucFayle Member Posts: 75
    Options

It takes multiple reports for the same thing (within a certain amount of time) before any actions are taken. If they have video evidence (and it clearly supports their claim), actions may happen more quickly.

From the way you describe the event, I wouldn't worry about it.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

You are not banned for incompetence any way, or this game would have a lot less hookfarming.
    Lack of judgement happens in this game, be it with unhookings, accidently body blocking a chased survivor (because you didnt realise where they are and you block the window), or just decide to blow the nearly done generator to distract the killer. It happens to me, but i only play for 2 months now.

• DarkFox85
    DarkFox85 Member Posts: 74
    Options

Thank you for responding Orion, Trebluc, and Sulaiman. I think you're all 100% right.