What is the worst designed perk in your opinion?

2»

Comments

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Now that might be useful, even if it gives the killer a serious tell when the struggle timer just stops.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I think monstrous shrine is underwhelming. What if it made 2 basements, but each only have 2 hooks in them?

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

visionary, its literally just a dumbed down Deja Vu with a cooldown

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Sole Survivor

Literally requires your teammates to die to give any value. It's like old Dying Light but in reverse.

• CaptainRaider
    CaptainRaider Member Posts: 151

For useless it would be Hangman’s trick.

For design it would be NOED or Sprint Burst.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

Not a fan of Hex: Undying. Im ok with the transfer abilities, but nothing else. This could’ve beem reworked to Thrill of the Hunt by just removing the loud noise notification and replacing it with aura reading.

Hard to make an argument for a poorly designed perk without Undying being a major topic, as the perk ALMOST already existed.

• Taingaran
    Taingaran Member Posts: 288

The Thrill of the Hunt would also need to decouple the clearing speed from the number of remaining totems.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Pop, Current Ruin, or Infectious Fright.

Horrible design.

• B_Deity
    B_Deity Member Posts: 46

For killers: NOED

For survivors: Unbreakable

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

Useless - Slippery Meat. You might unhook yourself, but more likely you'll just get to struggle faster.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

Oh god where to begin? There's a mountain of poorly designed, C-Tier perks I could choose right now. I'll pick one for killer and survivor each.

Killer - Gearhead

One of the most convoluted perks to get activated and get value out of.

You need to hit a survivor twice, both times with a basic attack, hope that a survivor repairing a generator gets a skill check, and that they only get a good skill check and not a great one.

The amount of requirements is just insane for a perk that lasts for so little time and offers so little information. I still can't believe it was nerfed from the PTB.

Survivor - Vigil

A very old perk that shows it's age by the incredibly lack-lustre effect it has. Blindness and haemorrhage are very weak effects that aren't even worth reducing the time of and hindered is rarely encountered except against Clown. Ever since exhaustion was changed to not go down while running this perk has almost no use.

And now with mangled add-ons buffed to last until healed it has become even weaker. No clue why they haven't buffed it to included the exposed status effect yet.

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613

Mettle of Man is literally the stupidest perk to try and get stacks on with "protection hits" being bugged and the fact it has the aura reading after you healed yourself is even worse

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

Worst designed perk might be... basically all of Steve's perks. I truly think Steve may have some of the worst teachables in this game. All of them are in dire need of big buffs, they don't stand at all compared to Nancy's teachables.

-Babysitter should have the scratch mark and bloodpools removed for 15-20 seconds, since the amount it does now is worthless for actually getting away or "Babysitting" the survivor rescued. Maybe add healing speed or something else when healing the unhooked survivor in particular too, idk.

-Camaderie should be buffed so it either works on both phases, triggers based off of killer proximity instead of survivor proximity as others have suggested... or, perhaps, the survivors are somehow told if you have this perk so they can take advantage of it.

-Second Wind should honestly be buffed so it maybe triggers when you get picked from being slugged too, not JUST when unhooked. Because this perk only has a CHANCE to proc twice per game for a relatively underwhelming effect. There were concerns that you could loop a Killer for long enough to get healed mid-chase but this clearly didn't happen.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I disagree, pop rewards a killer for doing their job and is balanced because if they choose to kick a gen survivors are on they lose distance on the survivors.

Ruin is pretty well designed as a perk. Ignoring the hex part, it is the best gen regression perk in the game. It rewards the killer for switching targets and spreading out the pressure.

Infectious fright is a weird perk, but I wouldn't say it is terribly designed.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Decisive strike; It was literally created with the intention of being a band-aid fix for tunneling instead of the devs actually fixing the game itself. Just look at all the upheaval the perk has gotten over the years.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Hangman's trick- current version

I think this perk is the worst designed perk... Aura reading when carrying a survivor and a notification when a survivor starts sabo (but sabo takes two seconds)

I really want this perk reverted back to having sabo take longer and show the aura of the survivor sabo'ing

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

Hangmans trick

Like i dont need a notification that someones sabotaging a hook near me especially at the range the perk provides, because i have eyes.

• JasmineDragon
    JasmineDragon Member Posts: 372

Boil Over. Impossibly garbage. No decent killer has ever been slowed ever by the perk. Even if all the perk did was reduce the wiggle bar's size by 10/15/20% it would be 1000x more useful and actually be a perk you could consider running

• Inferno427
    Inferno427 Member Posts: 232

Territorial imperative. If you're far away, for only 3 seconds it'll show you the aura of survivors ENTERING the basement, the one place a survivor is never normally going to go. If the perk just revealed the auras of survivors in basement it wouldn't be good but the fact it has so many conditions is astounding.

Furtive chase. It swaps the obsession worse then nemesis, it only reduces your terror radius in chase and it loses all stacks if the obsession dies. It does nearly nothing and what little it does is done better by a different perk.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921
    edited February 2021

Overwhelming Presence is kind of good if you want to rapidly drain flashlight batteries since they're typically in your terror radius when trying to blind you.

But if you really hate flashlights that much just bring Lightborn or Franklin's. Maybe Overwhelming is a little useful for making people not able to self-heal with a brown medkit.

Anyways on worst designed perks, I'd argue there's a few mediocre ones.

Monstrous Shrine for being just plain useless outside of basement builds.

Fire Up. It's not that bad but it's very underwhelming.

Up The Ante. Luck needs a SERIOUS buff and needs to effect more things. Currently IIRC it's only chance of escaping bear traps (And even that might have been removed with the recent trapper changes) and chance of wiggling off the hook. I mean it has synergy with luck offerings and slippery meat but luck needs to have an effect on more things.

Small Game. Not really badly designed, but when I'm totem hunting I prefer Detective's Hunch 99% of the time.

EDIT: As someone else said above me, I forgot about Vigil. Doesn't affect the statuses enough and is just bleh. Even Wake Up isn't as underwhelming. (Other survivors see you opening the gate)

• R_A_V_E_N
    R_A_V_E_N Member Posts: 30

Beast of prey, furtive chase, Zashin tactics, Iron maiden, Mad grit, Hex: blood favor, all of these kinda suck

• grunt7554
    grunt7554 Member Posts: 38

When decisive strike was first released it was busted, object is an obvious pick and old dying light was really toxic

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

Dying Light, both iterations, are terrible design.