We Really Need an Option for Altering the Colour Output of Scratch Marks/Flashlights

Options

This doesn't have a major effect of most players but I have a friend who cannot play killer due to his colour-blindness (can't see the scratch marks) and the white light of flashlights can trigger seizures in me which kinda goes against my best interest.

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited November 2020
    Options

Unfortunately, the devs are TERRIFIED of adding accessibility options because they could give other players an advantage, so they're likely not going to do this for a while. It's the reason why we still don't have colorblind options after 4+ years.

• Sirris
    Sirris Member Posts: 43
    Options

Ah okay. Well they better pray I don't break a bone or hit my head whatever after falling out a chair due to a flashlight clicker inducing a seizure in me. Lawsuits tend to fix these issues real quick.

• NivlacACE
    NivlacACE Member Posts: 78
    Options

Not true actually, no one in the US (and many other places I’m sure) has ever won a lawsuit on the basis that a video game triggered a seizure.

I believe the legal reasoning is that it’s on the consumer to determine what is safe for them, and you clearly understand the risks involved with playing DBD. There for it would not be Behavior’s fault that something occurred, and instead be your own responsibility to accept the risk that consuming a product known to be capable of triggering seizures in some individuals and continuing to use the product.

• Sirris
    Sirris Member Posts: 43
    Options

I mean true but both myself and behavior are Canadian where accessibility is taken pretty seriously in the law. Not that I would actually do it since, like you said, I am taking that risk.

The condition is new to me - I haven’t always had it and this game doesn't typically cause problems.