Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Deliverance Problems.

I have been loving the perk deliverance with Decisive recently, but I've been having some problems with it and I was wondering if others also had these issues. When I pull myself off the hook for escape sometimes it seems like my character "Gets stuck" while trying to run away from the hook and the running animation glitches out for a second.

Also I'm not sure if this is a feature of the game but recently i was the last survivor in the game with deliverance up on my first hook and the game didn't even give me a chance to use deliverance and just killed me. I feel like that person should be allowed to use deliverance even if its only for extra blood points, or in my case if you have DS.

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

The first problem I can’t answer because I am not using Deliverance regularly, but it sounds like latency problems?

second one is definitely intended like this, if you are the last one alive your hook phases will be ignored and you are dead on next hook, otherwise you could just not unhook with Deliverance and waste the time of the killer (and your own).

• Radalf
    Radalf Member Posts: 2

Yes thanks for the reply, I can understand the second part and accept it. with the first one it happens far too regularly to be latency maybe in one of my future games ill post a small clip that shows it in a vid or something. Its hard to explain what it looks like.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

It may be a bug, if so you can find a bug report section in this forum! I guess a clip would be helpful there

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited November 2020

As for the first part, the unhook animation has been this way for at least a very long while, possibly intended to prevent people from unhooking at killer's face and sprinting away; kind of similar to how adrenaline works with a minor delay when you are in the dying state. It's just my guess, though.

After the unhook, you can run for about 0.5s and then get that weird fatigue which lasts for about 0.5-1s before you can move again.

Second question was already answered, it's a feature rather than a bug; although back in the old days it used to work differently.