The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Remove the Matchmaking lock permanently!

2»

Comments

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,827

I mean, this is a rather fair point, as harsh as it sounds. Now, if Steam itself was having issues, then maybe a pause on bans, but if the connection is on the player's end consistently, yeah, the DC is protecting multiple people being affected by the DC. You're going to need to have a stable connection if you're playing with others in a pseudo-competitive scene. Perhaps it wouldn't be an issue if there was a backfill for queuing players mid match, but it's just not that kind of game.

• JimmyCasket
    JimmyCasket Member Posts: 138
  • JimmyCasket
    JimmyCasket Member Posts: 138

You think it's fair to punish someone with the inability to play for days on end because of a random connection drop that ONLY AFFECTS THE GAME?!?!? I was in a call with my friend when I was playing huntress. I noticed my game was bugging out, like I threw a hatchet and couldn't throw another one, then I readied a hatchet, once I rubber banded backwards, and got stuck holding it. The people were still moving, and in directions impossible for a D/C. THEY WERE ACTIVELY PLAYING AGAINST ME WHILE I WAS RANDOMLY LOSING CONNECTION! But yes, let's punish me for this annoying bug. I'm pretty sure this is a Bug on DBD's side, cause I play games all the time where people will just randomly lose connection mid match, nowhere near the killer, and with the game even going in the survivors favor. They need to either disable the D/C penalty when you aren't going: "pause, quit game, confirm." or they need to just fix the bug. Both would be preferable, since people losing their power and stuff is quite possible, then they get punished for it.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

I would love to have my survivor teammates instantly DC with nothing holding them back 5 seconds into the game due to them playing badly

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

First off dcs need to be punished because it ruins the match for the other players.

There would be too many ways to dc without penalty under your .

How can you tell between a game crash and a forced app close?

How can you tell between losing connection and pulling an ethernet cord/unplugging router?

How can you tell between a power outage and an unplug?

Figure out the answer to those kinds of questions and then maybe, but under current conditions you cant disable the penalty. In fact with the rash of disconnects right now the penalty ahould actually be harsher not less.

This discussion has been closed.