How good are you in a scale of 1 to 10 as both roles?

Be honest

As survivor, I think I'm an 8/10 I risk it too much trying to be the hero when I shouldn't

As killer I think of myself as a 9/10

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

10/10 both sides

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

As survivor probably 5/10.

As Killer 8/10 i would say.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Really? you don't risk it when you don't have to, perfect loop, berfect blind, perfect skillcheck, etc?

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178
    edited November 2020

As a survivor, I'd think 7 out of 10. If I used the " meta" perks I'd probably be higher but they're soooooo booooooring. I know how to loop and I have the map awareness to win more chases than lose (unless the killer is super persistent but even then I call that a win as the other survivors should be cranking through gens like mad men). I also play only solo queue so by default I feel like I get extra points :D

As a killer, I'd put myself at an 8 or so. Obviously this can vary greatly pending which killer I am (give me Billy and I'm like...-5 but give me my boy Oni...) but I feel like I am pretty good at killer. I play as a "sporting" killer (so no tunneling or camping and if I am decimating a group, I'll pump the brakes a little) so it's kind of hard to say for sure how good I actually am given my kill rate but I know where peeps like to hide, I know tactics of when to chase and when to break, how to hit a survivor looping, etc.

• Yords

Lol of course I am not perfect and make a few mistakes, but I for the most part do really well. As a survivor I play very efficiently and loop very well and as killer I usually get 4k's.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

Killer overall: 8/10

Imo im a 7/10 Nurse, 9/10 Freddy, and 9/10 Pyramid Head, but then also like a 2/10 Doc and a 6/10 Wraith.

Survivor: 5-6/10

Imo when I'm using my proper usual build I could honestly hit 9/10 but a combination of ######### around, wanting Beamer saves, and the fact that I don't play solo and in swf we literally do nothing but make mistakes over and over (and me and Claudio can and will sit there screaming at the killer that the volume inside of this bus is astronomical) means that I usually play like absolute ######### lol.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244

Survivor, maybe 7/10. Sometimes I can loop the killer for 3+ gens, sometimes I make dumb mistakes and go down after a few seconds.

Killer, hmm less than 5/10 probably. I reached rank 1 once as killer for the achievement and since then I am somehow stuck in purple ranks, even tho I try to derank really hard. I don't like to play sweaty at all so I don't camp or tunnel at all, no moris, won't go back to hook when someone got unhooked but will insead go across the map where BBQ showed me an aura. I get 4ks rarely cause I tend to farm with survivors when there is 4 or 5 gens left after all of them have been hooked twice already. Most matches I end with 2 kills and 2 escapes. Tl;dr I just don't like playing killer much xD

• Yords

I have actually made some pretty stupid mistakes on both sides too, lol like wasting a god pallet trying to save someone picked up.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

As killer maybe like a 7 and as survivor a 6.

I'm a big dumb dumb sometimes so the numbers variate.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Solid 5/7.

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

Depends on how much I want to suffer

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited November 2020

Idk, 8/8?

As survivor, I've had 5k + hour killer mains compliment me when they were playing killers like Spirit, so maybe 9 as survivor? But idk how to gauge.

The weird thing about this game is that skill doesn't necessarily scale in the same way as with other games; it seems to be pretty linear with playtime, in my experience.

The important thing to note is that everyone has their potato moments on both roles. Going for breakout plays on a killer that is obviously using STBFL is my motif. xD And I love to experiment with powers, so if I'm on Blight, you damn well know I'll give up the down to try a trick shot!

• ScreamingFeng
    ScreamingFeng Member Posts: 26

As survivor I'd give myself a 7 and as killer maybe 4. I can mindgame and all, but the second the survivors decide to hide there's nothing that can save me.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

survivor 8/10

killer 9/10 to 10/10 depending on who i play.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

How the heck should I know? Would I rate myself against the Streamers I watch, by my current Rank, or by my ego? :)

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

8/10 survivor, but I always end up running into the killer and get chased a lot lol! And killer I'd say 2/10, I can't sacrifice them, I just put them into second phase before letting them win ;w;

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Killer i would say 6/10 on a good day. Slightly above avarage.

Survivor probably 3/10 nowadays but i'm working on it danged

• Chappy04
    Chappy04 Member Posts: 193

id probs say like 6 or 7 on survivor

killer is 9. 10 if ur really pushing.

id like to think that i can always improve

• SpookySZN
    SpookySZN Member Posts: 95

Survivor: 6-7.5/10, I'm good at keeping a low profile and knowing when to rescue, do totems and when to do gens but sometimes I make mental mistakes running loops. I'm also pretty altruistic at times which backfires in my face.

Killer: 8.5-9/10, I know how to mind game and mostly when to drop chases. I have my good and bad games but I tend to struggle when I fall for survivor antics with flashlight clicking and stuff. I just beat myself up over silly stuff

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Survivor: 4/10

Killer: 6/10

Only have the build I like on one survivor... And I either go down in 20 seconds or lose my mind after a minute (usually against a Doc)

I'm only confident with The Pig.... but have back ups with Spirit, Hag, Huntress (even though she's bugged) with a little Wraith, Doc, GF, Clown, Deathslinger... I'm not good at Nurse, PH, Demogorgon, Oni, Billy, Huntress (cause I don't play as her much anymore I suck now)... I don't play Bubba or Freddie also Trapper (though I don't know why)

• Carlosylu
  • dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I never play survivor so I’m a 2. The only time I play survivor is the rare occasion when my friend, who must got the game, insists that we play as a swf and I’m terrible, I miss skill checks, I mistime vaults and pallet drops, it’s really horrendous. The only reason I’m not a 1 is because I at least know things like “don’t just run in to save someone while the killer is there” and “stay on a gen unless the killer is coming to you”.

Killer, I’m not sure exactly? Maybe a 7 or 8? I’m above average but I don’t have all the optimal paths at loops memorized so really good survivors can outplay me at strong loops. But against average survivors I’ll normally win unless I’m playing a killer that requires regular play to use like Nurse or maybe Deathslinger (my aim is pretty bad since I don’t play him that much.)

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365
    edited November 2020

Nobody is perfect. No matter what people are rating themselves, there is always more strategies, knowledge and game sense to experience with the changes in meta along with mindgames and plays to learn. I rate myself an 8/10 for survivor and a 7/10 for killer. As survivor, I know I'm a very good looper being a solo que player since 2017 at rank 1 and have went up against many fog whisperers and big streamers who have called me a good player, that doesn't make me a 10 though since like I said, always more things to be learnt. As killer, I have only play Ghostface with some Myers at rank 1 and usually 4k 8 out of 10 of my games on average but I have a lot to learn in that regard as well.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Killer: 8/10

Survivor: -1/10

I am a very good killer, but survivor... while I do play both roles, and at times prefer survivor... I am not the biggest of brains.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

4/10 on survivor, -15/10 as killer. That's it. I'm quite new to the game, don't know the maps very well (and there are so many) and still have a lot to learn. Some main buildings I have an idea of how to loop, but most I'm not aware.

I try to play safe, but I'd kill myself for a teammate who'd do the same for me. But I think I have a pretty good idea about most of the killers abilities and perks, the same about survivor's perks. Sometimes I play with friends way more experienced than me and they don't recognize some patterns on playstyle that reveals what is the killer tactic and what to avoid. It's interesting.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

I agree mate, rating anyone as either 10 or 1 just seems wrong, Id probably place myself around 8 for both as for survivor I tend to do well even with less than optimal builds such as No Mither with no other perks, Tenacity,Flip Flop,Unbreakable,Red Herring, and others. and for Killer it really depends what Killer it actually is,Full meta build on ghostface Im lucky to get 1 kill, but with most Killers I tend to get 3 or 4 most times using again weaker builds, STBFL,Unrelenting Mad Grit,Sloppy is one I like quite a bit

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

as a survivor 5

as a killer 3

• horrortale_sans
    horrortale_sans Member Posts: 651

1/10 suviver

7/10 killer

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

9/10 survivor: Consistency is my problem.

8/10: Will beat basically every team unless I get a terrible map, playing a killer I'm not great with or a 4 man swf. I'd be better if I played killer more. Still get at least 6 or more hooks per game without having to camp someone to death.

• Mercês
    Mercês Member Posts: 376

Survivor, 9.5/10, I've been playing for some time and chasing me often results in match lost. The -0.5 is because I'm too greedy and often need DH to gain distance.

Killer, 9/10. Putting that because it's probably my accuracy when hitting using Nurse's blink (when I'm not using it to gain distance).

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

No idea. I think I'm good overall in both but I have my games where I play like an idiot. I guess my range would be 7-9 for survivor and 6-8 for killer, depending on the trial.

My game knowledge for both is probably a 10 however.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162
    edited November 2020

Survivor I'm decent so 5/10? Some days I'm escaping every match, getting most points out of the randoms I'm paired with, going for multiple saves between completing gens and looping the killer. Other days I am just dying nonstop, can't hit a skill check, killer is downing me within seconds of finding me, and I'm getting negative pips back to back. I tend to stay in red/purple ranks.

Killer I just don't take serious enough to rank up much. I'm paired with the low ranks that are easy to beat when I do play serious for a challenge so not a great indicator of I'm actually good or not, I'll go with I suck with 1/10 to be safe. 😂 As killer I'd rather just mess around and screw with survivors. I'll play ghost face and just mark survivors to watch them scurry away from whatever they were doing until they are comfortable then I'll down/hook them so they start scurrying away again when I mark them.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Survivor is a 9

Killer is an 8

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Survivor: Probably 4/10? I can reach red ranks (which tells you how flawed the ranking system is) and do okay there, but I still make stupid mistakes and don't have a good sense of any maps.

Killer: 3/10. I'm a garbage killer. Can't make it to red ranks here (though it doesn't matter, I still regularly face red rank players!) and I often struggle. I don't know how to run basic loops (I blame facing mostly bad players for my first 500+ hours or so) and usually only get good results against potatoes.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

As survivor probably a 6.

I understand how to loop and chain together loops and I can pretty consistently hit great skillchecks, but due to me not playing survivor very much I pretty oftenly make mistakes. The kind of mistakes that you usually stop making after enough playtime.

For killer, however, I'd say probably 8 or 8.5

I win a big majority of my matches as killer. Very seldom do I lose a match unless I'm playing a killer I'm not very familiar with. I also don't really run slowdown perks. You'll rarely catch me running more than one slowdown perk at a time. I do make mistakes though. I can't play 100% perfect every single game and even though I can still win after making those mistakes, I still acknowledge them and realize I can always do even better.

• Carlosylu
  • Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,820

If we condense the ranks, the game would currently rate me as a 5/10 killer and 9/10 survivor. I agree with the killer rating, but I'd put myself lower as survivor -- maybe 7 or 8. I perform well in some situations and absolutely terribly in others.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Survivor propably a 5 or 6

Killer propably an 7 or 8

Given a 10 is tournament level 0,001% Top players and a 1 is a first time player :D

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

As survivor I'd say a 9. I don't do any of the stupid or annoying things you see in solo queue.

As killer I mainly only play Mikey. So grading myself strictly as a Mikey player I'd say an 8 or 9, too.

• Lusiem9
    Lusiem9 Member Posts: 87

survivor 6\10

killer 4\10

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

As a survivor, a good 8 if i stick to my role of safe rescue, fast healing, decent gen management (knowing how to break up the gen pattern so as not to get 3 genned is something a lot of survivors miss) and bones. When it comes to chases it drops a bit to 6 because sometimes i have amazing chases and other times i get all anxious and turn potato.

As a killer, i'll be generous and say 6. I rarely have matches where i barely get to hook anyone, and i play hag well without putting a buttload of traps under the hook, but again, i get easily anxious and sometimes playing killer can feel like trying to plug 8 leaks with only 4 limbs.

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

Survivor: 6-7 depending on the Killer. I'm terrible against Oni and Spirit -_-

Killer: If I'm honest...solid 3, lol. I'm garbage at Killer and meme waaaay too much. But I definitely have more fun playing Killer even though I'm worse at it 😆

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236

Survivor 5/10 like you, I mess up a lot trying to be the hero and unhook people as quick as possible because I know how it feels dying on first hook because people won't help.

Killer 7/10 I'm better at killer because I played longer hours as this role and I have good builds on or experiment until I find a build that works for me.

• Ryan51090
    Ryan51090 Member Posts: 34

Atleast you are honest with yourself. I would say I'm maybe a 6 or 7 as survivor because I could definitely be better. As a killer maybe a 3, and I only give myself that because I tend to play more as a survivor in which I understand some schemes survivors try to employ. All you can do is keep playing and try to get better.

• Ballooni
    Ballooni Member Posts: 24

as survivor

- 5 using nonmeta perks (most of the time)

8 - using vault build

7 - using meta perks

Killer

• 2, i literally cant even use spirit
  • BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

9/10 survivor on a good day, -12/10 on a bad day. I can consistently loop until a killer is forced to leave me or lose the game, but on bad days I can’t even keep a chase going for a minute.

8/10 killer. I consistently win most games (9-12 hooks). I go by hooks because I think it’s the most fair. I still have stuff to learn though.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Survivor on bad days probaply a 5, on good days more of an 8.

for killer i'd say a decent 9