Idea for new survivor perk

Fonay
Fonay Member Posts: 15
edited November 2020 in Creations

Hear me out. The new hex perks combos like undying & ruin or undying & noed, or basically any in combination with undying, are rather strong. So I propose new survivor perk with a flat cd of 90sec you can attempt to destry the totem quickly if you manage to hit a skillcheck, it cleanses immediately BUT if you fail it gets blocked for 120/90/60 seconds and you scream revealing your location. Times can be changed for balancing reasons obviously, its just a idea.

Anyways, what do you think?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545

Neat idea for a perk, but don't give it any downsides. You hit the skillcheck - good - insta-cleanse. You don't? You just cleanse the totem normally.

Perks shouldn't have any downsides to them. You are taking a perk slot after all.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

I dont think that this is needed. The thing is, the Perk might be too strong when it comes to Hex-Totems, but basically useless, when the Killer is not running any Hex-Perks. So if the Killer is using Ruin/Undying, they can lose it in seconds, but if the Killer is not using any Hex-Perks, the Survivor has a dead Perk (yes, Dull Totems exist, but aside from the badly designed NOED they dont matter).

So if you are unlucky as Killer, you might run into a Survivor running this Perk and lose your Hex even faster. Which also removes the passive Slowdown those Perks bring, because the Survivor does not spend so much time cleansing the Totem.

A Skill Check does not change it, because they are easy to hit.

While I think that Undying does too much and can indeed be nerfed a bit (I think the idea of Otzdarva to let Ruin die as well, when it was relocated before when Undying got cleansed is quite nice), I think going for a Perk which either has the potential to be too strong or too weak (without any real middle-ground) is not that good.

But maybe with a bit more adjustment, it would be possible, at least it would be a unique Perk which I can imagine to be in the game (or at least some Perk which interacts with Totems).

• Fonay
    Fonay Member Posts: 15

You're absolutely right in many regards but seeing the repressed alliance which faces similair problems as this idea in my opinion, it is useful when it comes to certain perks but absolutely useless otherwise. The idea of my perk isn't far fetched.