Gen speed is not fine?

Raz_
Raz_ Member Posts: 296
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Why in the hell is in 95% of my killer games always 3-4 gens left when the last dies?

why is the gen speed so slow when i play soloQ? so either people who complain about the gen speed play every single match against the GOD SWF groups or you just chase a single survivor for 5 minutes (means you're bad at chases)

sorry but i dont understand the complaints.

now imagine the gen speed would take even longer against experienced killers.

sorry but i dont understand the complaints and the only way the gens go fast in your games is, you chase a single survivor too long.

btw im using corrupt intervention on nearly all my killers. im maining Nurse and Huntress.

when BHVR finally fix the rank reset issue where not every single survivor and killer is rank 1 even tho they're supposed to be rank 10 then we can again talk about the gen speed.

but currently i really dont see any issues.

and please dont act like you play every single game against the most optimal survivors in DBD that is just BS.

Comments

• MrSmashem
    MrSmashem Member Posts: 161
    edited November 2020

Gen speed is fine, the fact that it's Survivor's only objective is not.

Edit: In the current state of the game that is. You could just shrink the maps and forgo another objective.

Against a decent squad(that focuses Gens and knows how to loop), the reality is that most Killers can't keep up.

• Hex_Stalk
    Hex_Stalk Member Posts: 488

I've had a match where I spawn in, head to a gen cross map (It's the first gen I go to given it's the furthest and most likely to have survivors) and it was around 75% to 90% done by the time I got there.

So given your reasons as to why a gen would be going fast tell me, where in my example do I "Stay in chases too long." Because it's the start of the match and it's the first gen I go to.

If you don't see an issue with this, then there is a problem.

• Manky
    Manky Member Posts: 192

This is the exact reason that perks like Corrupt Intervention and Discordance exist. This problem has literally been resolved lmao. if you struggle with this then there are perks that help. Most good generic builds have a gen control perk which will help you greatly with the gens. Gen speed without them is 80 seconds per gen with 1 person on it. That is a very long time. You have time to kick them, push people off them, time to do literally anything as long as you know how to put pressure. Complaing about this is just admitting that you aren't a strong killer. They may have brand new parts, in which case its really not a problem cus that leaves them with no item for the rest of the game.

• Manky

gen speed is fine. Imagine 40 second generators for a second. Killers take like 20 seconds to get from 1 side of the map to the other, so with a vigos shroud, you can have half a gen done in the time it takes the killer to walk to the gen, provided he knows where you are. Thats ridiculous. Have you played any killer at all?

• Manky

oh goodness a week, this guy is basically Otzdarva. Lmao u really need more experience my friend

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

100% depends on what else the survivors decide to do and what kind of threat you've shown yourself to be to survivors that don't play safely.

That's why I hate slowdown perks. Most of the fun games happen when the gens are either close to done or all done.

• Hex_Stalk

Dude, it was THE FIRST THING I DID WHEN THE MATCH STARTED, so don't pull out that 2 inch excuse of "You just aren't a strong killer". You seem to be the type of person that doesn't read what they type before they send it.

Use your brain right now. If I make a b line to a generator as the first thing I do, and it's nearly done by the time I get there, there is a problem. No brand new parts, nothing.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

idk about that. Thinking you have control over every single gen on the map is bad mindset to have since it's the same situation when survivors spawn near killers and the killer gets a near instant down, and that doesn't seem to be a problem.

• Manky

Gotta ask which map this is because this doesnt sound right to me at all. How many survivors were on it? 1 survivor takes 80 seconds. 2 takes 47 seconds. 3 takes 38 seconds and 4 takes 36 seconds. Multiple people on 1 gen is fast, but that means that other gens arent being worked on. Even still, if you are taking 36 seconds to walk to a gen then you defo arent taking a direct route. Unless they have prove thyself, brand new parts, or even just nasty toolboxes, theres no way they can pop gens as fast as that. If you get to a gen with 4 people on it then you can push some off and quite easily get a down as they will naturally get cocky and try finish the gen. At this point, you know where they all are. They will need to save their teammate and heal from the mess you can make from their stacking. Gen speed isnt a problem. The only problem is not knowing what to do when something like this happens. Being a killer is adapting to what the survivors do. Coming here to say that gens (which have been pretty much the same for 4 years) are suddenly inbalaced is just not right. Theres something else wrong, not the gens.

• Hex_Stalk

Where did I say I think I have control over every gen? I said that I walked straight to a gen that I thought was most likely to have survivors near it, and when I got there it was nearly done. Explain your mind set

• Lanzak
    Lanzak Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2020

I don't think gen speed is at all a problem. Pretty much the only time I have trouble with it is when I try to play a killer I'm bad at for practice and have super long chases, but in these matches I already know I'm going to lose, so I just try to get better. Other than that, I do have rare problems on Ormond or Haddonfield, but that's not an issue with gen speed, it's an issue with map design.

Edit: for anyone wondering, this is experience entirely from red ranks.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Im sorry to say this but gen speed is too fast specially at the start of the match. If you dont have pgtw its useless to kick a gen because the speed gen regress is near to zero it take too much time for a gen to regress. If you dont know the speed the gen regress here the number if survivor work on a gen for 10 sec it will take 40 sec for the gen to regress to 0 if the killer use a normal kick