Killer on console is nearly unplayable due to the limitations of a controller

Options
2»

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

"also the fps does not decide how much accuracy "

You brought up the discussion of FPS not affecting accuracy, not me.

The sensitivity on Console is the same as PC as of a few patches ago. The only thing we don't have is the ability to flick. Not super useful on Huntress, just makes for cool clips, but it's vital on Killer's like Oni.

• Pulsar
    Options

The base Xbox One and PS4 run CoD: MW at 45 FPS consistently.

DBD looks nothing like MW, there is zero reason DBD on Console can't hit a STABLE 30 FPS.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Not unless you're a ximmer, or using some combo of remote play on pc with a controller emulator

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I disagree, controller has nothing to do with that, the only killers that get limited because of controller is nurse, blight and huntress.

The main issue with console is massive fps drops and that was enough for me to change to pc.

• KingMyers
    KingMyers Member Posts: 57
    Options

Hate to be that guy cause they're normally gross butttt, ur gonna have to get good, I'm a red rank console bubba player, 0 issues with controller. Maybe turn ur sensitivity up if ur having issues? Dunno

• jjb985
    jjb985 Member Posts: 60
    Options

I got R1 killer every reset on Xbox and still do with X play turned on. Just practice.

• Lowkeysaurus
    Lowkeysaurus Member Posts: 50
    Options

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a console player in brown ranks because I don't play 24/7 and I'm pretty good as Wraith and Legion.

• ImmersedKiller
    ImmersedKiller Member Posts: 16
    Options

Red rank killer on mobile. Players can 360 relentlessly as you can’t swing and look around at the same time. Best way to avoid getting 360d? Back up. Then they just end up dancing in front of you.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

Picture this: You're a 115% killer and you feel like you're running through mud. That's the console framerate issue.

It makes killers catch up to you faster, and gives survivors and extra 3 or 4 loops around that stupid ######### car when you've been going in a straight line with no tricks.

• lotusghoul
    lotusghoul Member Posts: 5
    Options

i disagree. i play on both pc and ps4 and i prefer the controller over mouse and keyboard. i actually use a ps4 controller when i'm playing on pc because it's just what i prefer. i haven't noticed any "limitations" when playing on a controller. i have noticed that the game doesn't play as well on console but that's something that the devs are aware of and i'm sure are trying to work on. if your games are THAT much worse when you play on console then maybe just stick to pc until frame rates are fixed on consoles ?

• Kincccx
    Kincccx Member Posts: 3
    Options

the frames are not the problem for me. My game doesn’t freeze when someone uses dead hard or the graphics on some map terrible. I am a rank 1 all-around killer main and I have no problems with console. Maybe your internet is just bad.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

Trust me, Dead hard and status effects like Sloppy lag out PC players too.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

The March 2019 dev update and roadmap outlined a detailed plan to get consoles and low end PCs running at 60fps, but it’s not talked about now nearly 2 years later and we still can’t even get stable 30fps.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49456/optimization-status-update-road-to-60fps

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,445
    Options

This. No one in console wants to hear "we're aware and addressing it" and the like for YEARS. And no one wants to hear "welp the next gen consoles are so close & maybe they will..." either.

Together these very much feel like a PS4 and an Xbox1 are being forotten and left behind , intentionally or not.

• HipfireBoi
    HipfireBoi Member Posts: 29
    Options

Unless you play Huntress, Deathslinger and Nurse all the time, you're just bad at the game and blame the controller

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

well im a rank 1 xbox player (day one xbox 500gb) and i have been a rank 1 killer since pretty much the release of the game, the controller barely makes a difference and a mouse only slightly helps with aiming and fast sensitivity however PC players also get way better frames, Filters, graphic settings and some even stretch their screens. While most pc players only use a filter its still a huge boost in advantage to seeing scratch marks, red stain etc. but killer is the weaker side in general at high level play but i promise you the controller isnt holding you back, it could be many things from the killer,perks,knowledge,playstyle as well but i will say theres an issue with crossplay connection and frames for any console user.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited November 2020
    Options

I disagree.

The two biggest problems for console players are performance and control options.

The game can BARELY run at a stable 30 FPS, and usually dips or drops completely when certain things happen in the game. Using your power as a lot of killers causes frame drops. Getting a hit through Sloppy or a survivor opening a chest causes frame drops for the entire lobby. Heck even bloodlust and Adren cause massive frame drops with their notifications. This makes killer so inconsistent it's virtually unplayable at times. I have to regularly reset my game every 3-4 trials as killer (and maybe 8 or so as survivor) to fix this stuff for a short time.

Also the lack of any real control options hurt the game on console. Where is aim acceleration? Dead zones? Separate X and Y sensitivity options? Axial deadzone? And ######### WHY IS EVERY MENU USING A CURSOR ON XBOX?!? I have a ######### dpad you know, it makes menus a breeze. Sorry but I can't stand when any game uses this garbage menu system for a console game. Just proves how little console players matter to developers when they rather give us this trash pseudo-mouse bull ######### instead of actually understanding how a person with a controller plays a video game.

I have an Elite v2, I can make some of these adjustments on my controller but this ######### needs to be in the game. It would make a huge difference for killers to have all these options.

But having played a lot of FPS on Xbox, some where I turn off aim assist if the game let's me, I could say for sure that if given more control options my aim with Huntress and Nurse would be near perfect. I have great aim in all these other games that give me these options, but in DBD it's a struggle when the game literally fights you on all these different fronts.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

While I agree with you fully for a while I gave them the benefit of the doubt. They made mobile games until this game. Even then it was in a really poor state on release but they've gotten better as time went on. Eventually I'm sure console FPS will be good but trust me I feel you. Even on PC I can run destiny 2 full screen 4k and get 100+fps on an ultra wide but dbd can't even hit 30 if I do that. So I have to play on my old 1080p monitor or play windowed for it to hit 60FPS. They just aren't very good at optimization.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

No we dont have the same sensitivity. Have you seen how killers spin vs console

• Pulsar
    Options

I am aware, which is why I spoke briefly about it in my original comment.

• Pulsar
    Options

Yes, I have. I can turn my camera at the same standard rate as a PC.

The issue is that a mouse can flick and analog sticks cannot.

The sensitivity is the same, but the ability of the input device is not.

• Pulsar
    Options

I have seen that they do, but on Console, it will legitimately freeze your game for a few frames.

• sweaty_gamer
    sweaty_gamer Member Posts: 25
    Options

I mean i would understand if you said survivors on console with cross play enabled are a bit harder since the average killer on pc is better imo than console due to mouse, but killers on console with cross play should not see that much difference, again imo..you are mixing cross play and controller in one formula (for killers) which are completely separate thing

Please correct me if i am wrong because i never played dbd on console

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

And even so, if what you say is true then the capabilities of a huntress on console are still limited

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46
    Options

I wouldn't blame the controller. Mouse is good for looking around but controller is better for movement.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

I personally don’t have a issue playing killer ps4 controller

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I've been playing on PC with a controller for my entire 3,300 hours and, aside from ranged killers like you pointed out, I see no problem with playing killer. Like others have said, it could be the console frame rate that is screwing you over.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329
    Options

I would say try survivor for a bit. Change it up, maybe you are just tired. Or play something else for a week.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
    Options

When I play killer I don’t feel at a disadvantage at all when playing against a PC survivor as opposed to a console survivor. I play on PS4. As others have stated the main issue when it comes to consoles is FPS as often I find I just outright lose survivors after hitting them cuz the frames just go so low.

• Malum_Midnight
    Malum_Midnight Member Posts: 366
    Options

Disagree. Check out Big Brain Oni Main on YouTube. Extremely good Oni and Deathslinger player, who happens to play on XBox.