Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Your favourite chapters so far?

My top 3 so far are Halloween, Stranger Things and Chains of Hate.

In terms of killer, I feel like the game has already peaked for me, because I can’t see any other killer being more appealing to me than Deathslinger is. Although I do enjoy other killers, I constantly find myself in situations where I wish I was playing as Deathslinger, so I always go back to my favourite cowboy.

For survivors, I won’t be fully satisfied until we have Sam and Dean, so my heart will continue to yearn for them.

What have been your favourites and are you waiting for any particular killers or survivors to show up?

Comments

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Cursed Legacy, GhostFace, and Stranger Things.

I fully believe Oni is the coolest looking killer in this game, I enjoy being a sneaky killer and leaning behind walls, and Stranger Things because it gave me Steve.

• iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231

I loved when Oni was added. Like you said, he’s just such a visually cool killer. I haven’t gotten to a stage yet where I enjoy playing as him, but I still appreciate him.

Steve and Nancy are two of my favourite survivors and I never thought they’d be added to this game. I still remember the trailer coming out like it was yesterday.

• NomiNomad

I eventually wanna become an Oni main, I think he's really fun, but I'm just so used to my sneaky playstyle as Ghostie and Wraith.

I was really excited when I saw Steve. I was pretty sure the survivor would be Jonathan, since the first season focuses around the Byers' family so much, but I'm so much more happy with Steve and Nancy. Even if Steve's perks are utter garbage.

AS for a chapter I'd want, I'll say it once, say it a million times - Stanley Kubrick's The Shining. Its personally my favorite horror movie, and I would be so happy with them. Imagine how cool it would be to run around the Overlook Hotel? And imagine the theme. The Shining already has one of my favorite themes of all time, incorporating it's soundtrack into DbD would be amazing.

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

My favorites are ghost face and silent hill. Scream movies & series r awesome. Silent hill is an outstanding franchise and it is awesome playing as heather and pyramid head

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited November 2020

Best? Stranger things map aside, Blights chapter (forget the name) and while a lot of people hated old freddy at launch and its still the worst reviewed one on Steam, I really liked the Nightmare on launch.

Worst? Chains of Hate (although I actually really like the map) and Darkness among us without a doubt. Awful awful awful killer, atrociously badly designed map and the most forgettable survivor to date outside of maybe Zarina. Still the two most boring killers ever added to DBD. They'll struggle to 1-UP themselves here I think.

Also is Ghostface considered a chapter? If so despite liking Ghostface I'll add him to worst due to the sheer lack of content he came with.

• NomiNomad

GhostFace probably should've been a Paragraph, like Bubba and Ash, but he was considered a full chapter. I'm assuming it must've been a licensing thing.

• iZombie

We share the complete opposite opinions, as I thought OG Frederick was the most miserable experience in the game from a survivor side of things lol.

I don’t necessarily like going against good Deathslinger’s, but I love playing as him. But I’m a fan of shooting games, so it’s two worlds colliding. Jeff is also one of my favourites, in terms of aesthetic as I love men with tattoos lol. I just don’t like how big and loud he is, as even when he’s not injured, he’s easy as hell to track. 😂

• iZombie

Do you have any ideas of how a Shining chapter would work? In terms of the killers powers etc.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Curtain Call. My favourite Survivor and Killer came out then so its an easy pick.

• NomiNomad

Bluntly put, no, and that's the Issue. Jack Torrance is just a man. Sure he's a man driven crazy either by isolation or a haunted Hotel, but he's just a man. If he did get put into the game, I figure it'd have something to do with the "Overlook's Presence" or something like that. Possibly the Ghosts from the hotel helping him out in some way? It'd be cool to see what they could do with him, but I don't see it happening.

• iZombie

That’s why I asked, because I just don’t know how he could work. There’s other classic licenses like Psycho, but again, as Norman is just a man, I just don’t think he’d work.

It would be cool if we could get some licensed maps, like Bates Motel and Overlook Hotel without having to have a full chapter.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

Well I know this is the obvious answer but The Silent Hill chapter not in my restless dreams did I think we would get this chapter which is still surreal. I started playing Silent Hill back in 2019 I didn't think we'd be here .

I'd say my second favorite chapter would be the Halloween chapter. Micheal Myers is a legend and the movies are really good and scary. For as the original character's favorite chapters are CL,DOTF,DAU that's I like high octane killer's gotta go fast as the say Legion reminds me of Alex Mercer. Holding out for a Predator or The Thing chapter.A infiltrator killer could be fun like a hitman or like Alex Mercer once again.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

Silent Hill chapter all the way. Huge fan and forever grateful that this chapter was added.

• GrimmReaper
    GrimmReaper Member Posts: 159

My favourite chapter would be Silent Hill. The fact that I can play as Pyramid Head is great. He's such a disturbing killer.

As for a future killer I'd like to see it would definitely be one from Little Nightmares. I know it will most likely never happen but hey, it's fun to think about. We could either get the Janitor or the Chefs as I think they would be the most interesting to choose from as they're very grotesque in appearance much like the original designed killers in DBD.

That's what they look like for those that don't know.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

The SAW chapter (I'm a Jigsaw disciple)

Agree on Supernatural needing to be in the game

I also like the Original Chapters the devs make though

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Chains of hate and Demise of the faithful were the best for me.

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,347

My fav chapter is Curtian Call i Love Kate and i do play clown. To be fully happy i would love to see darks souls 3 chapter where sister friede would be A killer and ze survivor it could be firekeeper.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,896

Halloween chapter all the way.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i really like Deathslinger, Doctor and Oni, so my favourite chapters had to be Chains of Hate, Spark of Madness and Cursed Legacy.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I'm torn. There's certain things I really like from a variety of the chapters, but there's no single one that had everything going for it (killer, survivor, perks, and map).

To me, Descend Beyond was probably the best overall chapter thus far. I liked Felix and Blight, they brought some fun new perks like Desperate Measures and Undying, and we also got a bunch of revamped old perks. However I wasn't a fan of the new offerings introduced here, nor have the updated maps felt like a major gameplay improvement over their older iterations (hence why this isn't a perfect chapter).

Halloween and Curtain Call are probably the closest runners-up though. Silent Hill was also a pleasant surprise (though I really hate playing on Midwich).

As far as future licensed characters, I'm hoping we'll see more horror-game protagonists/villains in the future. I'd really love to see a chapter for Outlast, Resident Evil, and/or The Evil Within (among others).

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Its hard to pick. I got 5 top picks.

Halloween

Saw

Curtain Call

Silent Hill

Descend Beyond

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442

Silent Hill chapter definitely. Even today I still can't believe that Pyramid Head aka my favorite monster boi of all time, is in the game. I'll always remember my scream of excitement when the trailer played on stream Lol.

I also hope for a Supernatural chapter one day. Gimmie Sam and Dean, along with a legendary Cas skin <3

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

My favourite is Darkness among us; I really like playing/going against Legion and although Ormond is all kinds of broken if we talk balance I do appreciate the style especially since they added in the crunching snow sound.

The saw chapter is my second pick, I love pig and Detective Tapp. I'm starting to warm up to the game map since every time I play I seem to get it at least once.

My favourite map is Dead Dawg Saloon and i'm kinda realizing now I seem to pick difficult maps... For survivor it's Kate for me, she has the horse christmas sweater that did it LOL.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

My favorite chapters was Cursed Legacy, Chains of hate, Silent hill, Halloween and descend beyond.

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

Halloween, Stranger Things and Ghostface if we count it although it's more of a paragraph.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214

Spark of Madness. I've been a Doctor main since my second day of playing DBD (back in 2018, when he was considered one of the weakest Killers), and I considered myself a Feng Min main for the longest time. The only thing I dislike about the chapter is the map. Cursed Legacy is pretty close behind, but Doc and Min are what place Spark of Madness above.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Mine's between a Lullaby for the dark and Curtain call.

Lullaby because the Huntress is arguably the most original killer they've created in dead by daylight.

Curtain because I love killer clowns lol

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

Chains of Hate, the Hag one, Silent Hill and Descend Beyond.

Blight is my favorite killer at the moment and Im not sure I'd ever be able to go back to normal speed killers XD It's unfortunate that we didn't get a map tho. Hope that does come at some point in the future.

Before that chapter I loved playing as Deathslinger and Despite the horrendously powerful main building, I do love the saloon map.

The silent hill map is pretty cool even though it has gameplay design flaws and Pyramid Head is pretty formidable as a killer.

Hag is just bae...i love not having to chase survivors...like having survivors trying to get my attention and im just there chillin, setting up my traps, not even looking at them... and then they all die. I like the aesthetic of the swamps, but unfortunately they're a bit lacking in actual gameplay design.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

My top 3 would be Halloween, Curtain Call and Cursed Legacy, but I really like most of them.The only chapter I´m hyped for to get added is Friday the 13th.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I wasn’t here at the time it was released but I guess the Hag chapter is one of the best IMO.

the Hag is a cool killer, power-, lore- and design-wise! Also the introduction of totems and Hex-totems! Then the swamp maps, love the aesthetics and I hope for even better reworks!

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

I have been around since December of 2018, but so far, my favourite chapters that I've experienced upon release are:

• Darkness Among Us
    • Chains of Hate
    • Silent Hill
    • Descend Beyond
  • Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

1st - Chains of hate. Obviously as deathslinger main, I love him above anything else in the game so it's my favourite chapter

2nd - Of flesh and mud. Mainly due to adding of Ace my only reason to ever play or even a few times main survivor.

3rd - Halloween. Michael was my favourite killer to be ever added (until slinger was released) due to his really cool design, various amount of playstyles created by his amazing addons (mirrors, tombstones) and overall how enjoyable and thematic his power is.