Campfire

mee
mee Member Posts: 12

Why do people, not just survivors, let the timer run out in the pre match?

It takes a while to find a match during the day as a killer and at night as a survivor (solo)

So why waist the time?

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• quentinsimp
    quentinsimp Member Posts: 46

Normally I wait until the lobby to see what others are bringing. Already 2 flashlights? I'll switch to a med kit. Do we look like a promising team? I'll equip an escape cake. Sometimes I'll swap characters if someone else is playing the one I was on, and then I've gotta fix my loadout to what I want on them.

• quazzi76
    quazzi76 Member Posts: 77

Yes, wait just like I did in the military or for va. Bring a book. Survivors do 3 things at the end, two of which is okay.

1) wait for other Survivor(s).

2) heal each other then leave

3) be scumbags and drag the time out.

The other thing that needs to change is if you do chase them to the gate an hit them the "ENTITY" should grab them then and there. If they crawl through first gate and make it to second that's fine.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Some like to wait for the last second switch to add an item or swap character. Sometimes I have to wait it out because I had to go afk for a little bit and wasn't there when I initially loaded into the lobby. In general it's obnoxious when people do it but I do understand why it can happen.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

Id say most people who do it are just afk. And another thing is you can't ready up at 15 sec left. So maybe I was adjusting my perks and just didn't do it fast enough.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

It’s just culturally ingrained into this game now, and it irritates me too.

Some are getting a drink/snack, some are having a toilet, some are just wasting time chatting in their SWF for a last second survivor swap or item swap.