DBD game crashes on RTX 3080

HeresJohnny
HeresJohnny Member Posts: 7
edited November 2020 in Bug Reporting

Hi Devs,

I'm running a mild overclock on my RTX 3080 and have played games like Mordhau (which is more graphically intense than this) without crashing. I also ran my overclock on 15 mins of Furmark without issues. I am playing lots of other games without issues but DBD seems to crash.

I will play without overclock in the next couple of days to see if it's overclock related.

I can play 2-3 games without an issue and then on the 4th game, mid game, the game will hang. I can't even CTRL ALT Delete to task manager. My computer freezes and I need to do a reboot.

My PSU is a Corsair 1200i (platinum grade). So it's not PSU related.

I didn't notice this on my GTX 1080.

I've verified game integrity on files and even re-installed drivers on the 3080. Nothing.

What is causing this? And please help

0 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• kingisdaddy
    kingisdaddy Member Posts: 1

Oh wow i didnt think anyone would encounter the same issue as well..

I have a brand new custom build RTX 3080 too but i cant even launch DBD; it always reboots whenever i launch DBD!!

I have reinstalled all Nvidia drivers, reinstalled DBD game files incld, Easy Anti Cheat, changed file locations as well, changed PC power plan (to High Performance), verified integrity of game files - so far NOTHING!

Is there a compatibility issue with 3080 cause i play other games too (Overwatch) and not once have i experienced the random reboot.

Was from GTX 1070ti and didnt experience anything of this sort.

Rest of build if it helps:

Ryzen 5 5600X

RTX 3080

16GB 3200mhz DDR4

750W

• Sir_Toems
    Sir_Toems Member Posts: 1

Hi folks!

Got the same issue today. I changed the RTX2060 for an RTX3080 (Palit) an the game won‘t start properly anymore. It runs with 1FPS and after the first launch I was getting error code 1.

Tried to fix it (game cache), well, the error is gone but still running with 1FPS and weird textures.

Maybe the problem comes with overclocking (playing with +200Mhz). I will put it back to +0 and try again.

Rest of the build:

intel i7 9700k

RTX 3080 OC Game Rock

16 GB 3200mhz DDR4

Seasonic Focus 750W

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,884

This is sounding more like a technical issue, please post in the Technical Sub Forum, thank you.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/technical-issues

This discussion has been closed.