Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

99ing gates is very bad

Mr.FlexOG
Mr.FlexOG Member Posts: 45
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Here's a good idea, let's make some perks activate when exit gates open, then give survivors absolutely no incentive to open them until the exact moment they want to leave.

Survivors should lose all progress on the switch if they release it. Increasing the time it takes to power it up is not a solution. Maybe the gate could take 10 seconds to open instead instead.

Either way, If there is anything that survivors should be able to slowly inch open it should be the hatch. Make it so when the hatch can be reopened during end game collapse once it's closed. When survivors go to open it the killer can hear when it's almost open by a rattling sound it makes, but only when in 5 meters of it.

Now blood warden isn't useless, no on left behind isn't useless and survivors don't get undeserved escapes because one of the gates had a billion lockers near it.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

I believe Hybrid Panda speculated on such but opening the gates is slow as it is.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
  • carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    edited November 2020

I do agree that gates should regress automatically as well (liked a kick gen)l. The two perks that trigger when gates are open, and someone is hooked are completely denied by this strategy, and those perks are already trash/not used.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

You realize having a swear in your title is going to break the quoting system so no one can quote anyone, right?

Well now you do! I got 99 Problems but The Gate ain't one!

I'm kind of torn on it. On one hand, it is super annoying, especially as someone who runs Blood Warden. On the other hand, I've actually taken out survivors because they 99 the Gate but that second it takes them to get to the box and squeeze through the gate opening has been enough time to get them killed.

I don't know if having the Gates regress would be a good idea or not but I do think that having a perk (maybe attach it to "Remember Me") would be a good start. Go from there and see how it works out and decide from there if that is something that would work out well for the general gate or keep it a perk thingy

• BumpEmOff99
    BumpEmOff99 Member Posts: 52

I have a perk idea for this

Killer Perk: Slow Exit, Show Stopper, End Of The Show

You have a way of making your presence known, even at the end of the show.

When a exit gate is within your terror radius and left unattended, regress any exit gate progress by 5%/10%/15%

Activates when exit gates are powered.

"I always had a way of stealing the show"

Or

"It's not over till the fat lady sings"

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I am on board with the exit gate swith slowly regressing when not held down, but I think having to start from scratch immediately is a bit much.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

its fine as it is, but if a change is needed: Killers can "kick" door switch for progress and i guess make pop work with it

• Hex_Stalk
    Hex_Stalk Member Posts: 488

If they let go, after ten seconds the gates progress begins to regress. Boom, fixed 99ing the gates

• Mr.FlexOG
    Mr.FlexOG Member Posts: 45

In hindsight, I think regression is a much better idea. But it should regress at the same rate it progresses when multiple survivors are alive.

• MeneLaw
    MeneLaw Member Posts: 341

Regressing nah. Just 2 options open or close.

• Solomonkane
    Solomonkane Member Posts: 112

I think they should give Remember Me a gate regression effect. It would buff a more niche perk.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Killer going to need to hooked someone for the gate switch then. It should slowly regressed just like mending goes down.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Regressing gates would make it nearly impossible for the last remaining survivor to escape against experienced killers.

When there’s just enough time inbetween the killer making their rounds between exit gates, the survivor must open the gate just enough to make some progress before the first, “Hey, someone’s definitely over here!” indicator light is activated...

(at which point the killer never leaves that area until they find them; especially when EGC is already ticking down to their doom, it’s like a death sentence)

...then quickly hide before the killer paces back over to check the gate before returning to the other, when the survivor can then finish opening the gate and avoid being caught in the act, or hit (noed?) before they have a chance to run through and escape; especially with speedy killers.

To be fair, the gates would have to stop regressing at a certain progress point, or only start regressing if they reach a certain progress point, to still allow for this strategic play.

• BumpEmOff99
    BumpEmOff99 Member Posts: 52

Killer Perk: Slow Exit, Show Stopper, End Of The Show

You have a way of making your presence known, even at the end of the show.

When a exit gate is within your terror radius and left unattended, regress any exit gate progress by 5%/10%/15%

Activates when exit gates are powered.

"I always had a way of stealing the show"

Or

"It's not over till the fat lady sings"