Im NOT excited about new DLCs. Am I alone?

LowSpecGamersMatter
LowSpecGamersMatter Member Posts: 485
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

I really dont feel any excitement about the new DLC. Its "eh whatever.. can we please focus on the game quality now instead of quantity? We have enought DLCs already"

Just my 2 cents. Am I alone?

Post edited by LowSpecGamersMatter on

Comments

• Arial
    Arial Member Posts: 134

I usually feel melancholy until I actually start looking into how the new DLC affects the game.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Its expected, especially in this community.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

Territorial Imperative + Hoarder Leatherface? Nobody will get the basement chest, ever.

Hoarder sounds hilarious, now we just need a killer offering that can increase the amount of chests as well. 8 chests full of brown medkits and you can try and protect them all.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Nothing about Chapter 18 appeals to me, personally... Overall “meh” feeling about the whole thing.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159
    edited November 2020

Maybe if they added new map instead of just reworking maps I'd be a little excited, but even then I'd prefer they focus more on game health fixing bugs/performance issues than reworking maps and adding new DLC.

• MeneLaw
    MeneLaw Member Posts: 341
    edited November 2020

Yea kinda booring nothing fancy.

I think il dodge buying this chapter.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Honestly just additional maps to current realms like Glendale, Ormond, or Hawkins. Something different in those realms would be nice. Sure the reworked maps look pretty but it's still the same maps I've played hundreds of times.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

Me too. I'm just hoping her perks get buffed so I have a reason to get them.

• eff
    eff Member Posts: 154

Also, not really hyped about another blendette either.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

New killer is kinda homely lookin.

And all the perks focus heavily on looting.

I remember seeing perk and killer ideas for both these in suggestions, but it's weird finally seeing them now.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I think hes jsut having a laugh, I personally wouldn't think that unless bhvr gives us a small hint at it.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,142

It's like they kinda sorta wanted to do the Dream Witch from Identity V, but what they did isn't even a fraction of as cool as her design. This killer is the least aesthetically interesting one they've designed yet, and I thought the Blight (apart from a couple of his cosmetics) was rather subpar. In terms of visual quality, this killer is really disappointing. (As a PS4 player, I can't comment on the new killer's power.)

• madamretto
    madamretto Member Posts: 364

Didn't even know the PTB was today. The time really flies. I mean just recently I was fangirling over Felix being introduced to the game and now new chapter. I still don't like new maps for being too dark and a bit similar.

Also, this new killer maybe fun, but it will be difficult to adjust to play as them. I'm usually rely on my main power and don't like the fact that I have to switch from one killer to another. It looks cool, unique, yeah, just not very my cup of tea. The same goes for Blight. They are just too tricky for me to control and get used too.

New survivor looks dope tho. Perks are okay I guess. And health changes are definitely a priority.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Aw, I wish they had that!

DBD Mini Golf! We could play Solo or on a team as whatever survivor or killer we want, similar to Tekken Bowl... I’d also Love to play a DBD themed Kart racer like Mario Kart or Crash Team Racing.

I need that in my life😌

...and more maps; maps are my fav part of DBD

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Personally liking this one, but I didn't feel hyped at all over the Blight chapter or Deathslinger's. I doubt anything will ever beat my level of excitement over Pyramid Head. A Supernatural chapter could come close.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

Haha I'd love a dbd kart racer. Like each racer still has their killers power. Hag can teleport, Billy gets speed boost, Trapper just traps other karts in maddening fashion. Spirit's kart just randomly slows down and appears somewhere else.

When I need a break from dbd, I've been playing mario bros 35 on switch. It's possible i've played this more than the original on NES.. Crazy experience for any 80's baby.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

Yeah I was really expecting the baby to be AI. I think losing control of the sister to take control of the brother defeats the entire purpose.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,234

Depends on whether the killer can compete with good or survivors or not. Right now they're a bully simulator for good players. I'll be excited if they're viable.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

What is game health chapter everyone asking? What should it include?

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

Hard to get excited about another killer who's strength is their slug game.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Honestly, I'm not excited for the new chapter since I think the killer is boring to verse... I really like the concept and the perks, but I just think that they're not fun to face.

(Very unrelated, but I also wish Viktor had a slightly different design. Just not a fan of the one we have for him now tbh.)

• TheBigBingus
    TheBigBingus Member Posts: 97

I agree. i think the game desperately needs a health chapter to fix major issues of the game. the devs really need to listen to our feedback more often, and i think the amount of cosmetics should be toned down until some major issues are fixed.

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

They could give Wraith green windstorm in basekit and Trapper multiple traps and I would be much more hyped than I am for the Twins.

The devs come out with these new shiny keys to jingle in our faces every few months and all I want is to play the killers we already have.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I think the twins look super interesting and have a lot of potential. Very creative, and I could see some fun plays coming out of it. Great job this time around @Almo

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

Hell i think we could use a new game mode. I suggest a potential 3v3 game mode with 2 killers and 4 survivors in the past.

• Honestly I'm fiending for those new killer perks

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I think the new killer looks interesting, but it's a shame we are not getting a new map, since we also didn't get one in the last chapter.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

I get way more excited for licensed content but that’s just personal preference

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

No, you're not alone.

No, you're not with everyone either.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

bruh im ready for coupe de grace ima be like hittin people and stuff

yeah it gonna b dope

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

I’m excited. They don’t need to stop chapters to work on game health. That’s why they fix it bit by bit with every chapter

• MedicSpirit7

I totally agree. I wasn’t excited for blight at all and I played like 5 games with him and didnt like it. He’s just not my style, they could have done so much with him and his rich story. They said they tried a ton of things, I wonder what the other powers were.

• MedicSpirit7

Dude operation health wasnt near as good as they hyped it up to be. It was just basic changes and the whole time they were still spending time developing zofia and ela. Operation health wasnt worth the months of no content to me. And we missed out on a polish map :(