The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I got obsession and not my teammates?

Lyro92
Lyro92 Member Posts: 104
edited November 2020 in Bug Reporting

I don't think I understand how obsessions work anymore... After 1,366 hours I thought I knew, but I guess I'm just really braindead. Killer has no obsession perks, I have no obsession perks, ALL of my other teammates do have obsession perks. Yet somehow I got the obsession and not any of them XD Explain please?

0 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• SauceMan
    SauceMan Member Posts: 17

I was really confused too, so I checked out the wiki.

Turns out that even though every obsession perk increases your odds by ±100%, and the more obsession perks you have, the more likely you are to be the obsession; every survivor in the match has a base chance to be the obsession.

So if someone was not using any obsession perks, that base chance could still take effect and cause that person to be the obsession, even if it's significantly less likely than somebody else running 3 obsession perks in the same match.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Your teammates were running ds

• Lyro92
    Lyro92 Member Posts: 104

@SauceMan That's kind of what I figured too, but it's still really weird to have my three teammates using obsession perks and myself not to be running any and I got it.

@TeabaggingGhostface Yes I know they were running DS, DS "Increases the odds of being the Obsession." And by Increases it states +100% chance of becoming the obsession. By that logic my three teammates all had equal odds of getting it, and since I didn't have a single obsession perk I should have had zero. That's the point.

Some perks gives a higher chance of becoming the obsession while others lower your odds. However, not running any of them making my chance to become the obsession, in all logic, zero I still managed to become the obsession. That's the question here, how? Doing a bit of digging it seems SauceMan is correct when looking at how obsessions work. "However, it is still possible for someone not running any Obsession Perks to be chosen instead, due to the base chance all Survivors have to be chosen as the Obsession, just less likely." So apparently I had a REALLY low chance of getting it, yet still rolled the dice and managed to become the obsession. In my 1,300 hours of playing this game I think that's the first time I've ever had that happen. I've been the obsession plenty of times, including when I didn't have any perks to change the odds, but no one else had any other than the killer or myself. Just really weird to see that happen when three other teammates had a +100% chance. Also why +100% chance doesn't guarantee one of them gets it, not really sure, seems kind of silly to me. They wanted clarity in information, yet when you become the obsession without any other perks like that, makes you assume they have something like Play with Your Food, or Save the Best For Last.