We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

ds removal

Options

for real though

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@sawerjke said:
    for real though

They’d never outright remove a perk. That cant really, what’d they say to the people that spent millions of bloodpoints inheriting it, and getting it? “Your fault for being toxic meta #########”?

• grisstyl
    grisstyl Member Posts: 110
    Options

Never going to happen, sorry.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Removed? No, that will never happened. Nerfed? You bet your ass its going to happen. Its on the chopping block right now. The perk needs to be gutted.

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182
    Options

Correct, They will change the perk for better/worse or they just give the killer a DS as well where it pins the survivor to your shoulder and you can carry them as long as you want

• robin
    robin Member Posts: 149
    Options

DS should stun the killer for 10 seconds, but then make him 200% faster and everyone has exposed status the rest of the game. perk fixed

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@sawerjke said:
    for real though

They’d never outright remove a perk. That cant really, what’d they say to the people that spent millions of bloodpoints inheriting it, and getting it? “Your fault for being toxic meta [BAD WORD]”?

They did the same with freddy, and people even spent real money on him

• Jack11803
    Options

@Master said:

@Jack11803 said:

@sawerjke said:
    for real though

They’d never outright remove a perk. That cant really, what’d they say to the people that spent millions of bloodpoints inheriting it, and getting it? “Your fault for being toxic meta [BAD WORD]”?

They didn’t remover Freddy! They nerfed him! This person suggested REMOVING a perk, no they’d nerf it. Don’t know what you’re on about, nor the original poster.

• MeowLux
    MeowLux Member Posts: 80
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:

@DepravedKiller said:
    Correct, They will change the perk for better/worse or they just give the killer a DS as well where it pins the survivor to your shoulder and you can carry them as long as you want

Or you can just pick the Clown.

What about the other killers then?

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@sawerjke said:
    for real though

cough cough

Freddy nerf

cough cough
    That's pretty much the same thing.
    People actully paid real money for him and that didn't stop them from gutting an already weak killer

• Jack11803
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@sawerjke said:
    for real though

cough cough

Freddy nerf

cough cough
    People actully paid real money for him and that didn't stop them from gutting an already weak killer

I’m fine if they gut DS, I’m just saying they’d never REMOVE it, that’s just not gonna hapoen.

• MeowLux
    MeowLux Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2018
    Options

DS won't get removed as much as every killer main wants it to be removed. But it will get nerfed for sure. I hope it gets the same treatment as STBFL. STBFL a must have perk that was god-tier that got gutted into trash. That way we can say that the Halloween DLC has the most gutted perks.

On a more serious note; I just want it to be balanced and not a free escape.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@sawerjke said:
    for real though

cough cough

Freddy nerf

cough cough

I’m fine if they gut DS, I’m just saying they’d never REMOVE it, that’s just not gonna hapoen.

Gutting a perk the way they did shadowborn in the past or spy of the shadow is pretty much the same thing as deleting the perk ,tho

Shadowborn as been buffed since by giving it back the fov increase that they took off but still

Edit:
    Seriously doe what they did to shadowborn was overkill. People where only using for the fov increase and they just decide like that to take it off and made so that the perk only make your screen slighlty brighter in exchange of getting flashlight blinded faster.

Why would any one run that?

I can have the same effect by changing my computer setting and that way I don't have the ######### downside that came with shadowborn

And even when they got ridoff the faster blinding speed it still isn't warrent a perk slot because once again why use a perk slot for something I can directly change on my own screen

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2018
    Options

@MeowLux said:
    DS won't get removed as much as every killer main wants it to be removed. But it will get nerfed for sure. I hope it gets the same treatment as STBFL. STBFL a must have perk that was god-tier that got gutted into trash. That way we can say that the Halloween DLC has the most gutted perks.

I want them to simply make the perk stun the killer in place which will allow the survivor more time wiggle or have a buddy body block or get a flashlight save. Having it be a get out of jail free card under any circumstances is simply to strong and wastes way to much time. Atleast then the killer could counter it with agitation + iron grasp + enduring and what not.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Master said:

@Jack11803 said:

@sawerjke said:
    for real though

They didn’t remover Freddy! They nerfed him! This person suggested REMOVING a perk, no they’d nerf it. Don’t know what you’re on about, nor the original poster.

Nerfing him into oblivion is pretty much the same as removing him.
    Well lets reword the DS remove request into a DS nerf by just making DS escape you from teh killers grab, but you dont actually gain a healthstate.

• Skairipa
    Skairipa Member Posts: 255
    Options

DS removal>Blood lust removal :) quite simple equation.

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282
    Options

I think I have an idea to balence out DS here (ignore my thoughts about unnerving presences, I know now it won't work) https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/2445/the-problem-with-decisive-strike#latest

• somerandomguy
    somerandomguy Member Posts: 7
    Options
    How about temporarily disabling it till a rework?
  • Judicar
    Judicar Member Posts: 36
    Options

@MeowLux said:

I don't use DS, never have and never will but free escape? Dude, it's a one use perk and it's not even guaranteed as you have to beat the skill check too. You use it, you lose it. Killers act like people can use it forever and they can't. It's like everyone forgets this, it's the concept of high-risk, high-reward. You can use it but only once and then it's gone and you're down a perk the rest of the match.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    Options

@Judicar said:

@MeowLux said:

I don't use DS, never have and never will but free escape? Dude, it's a one use perk and it's not even guaranteed as you have to beat the skill check too. You use it, you lose it. Killers act like people can use it forever and they can't. It's like everyone forgets this, it's the concept of high-risk, high-reward. You can use it but only once and then it's gone and you're down a perk the rest of the match.

It's extremely rare for anyone to miss a decisive strike skillcheck. The people who use the perk are using it every match, and they've gotten quite good at it. There is no risk whatsoever. It's also not once per match, because it's the sort of perk that becomes more powerful the more people are using it, like the old version of Borrowed Time. 4 Decisive Strikes is basically a win for the survivors.