The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Twins are debatably better at camping than Bubba (NO PERKS OR ADDONS)

Name123
Name123 Member Posts: 36
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

The Twins just came out and their power seems like it could accel at camping, maybe even better than Bubba. Here's my reasoning; you hook a survivor and use Charlotte to sit as close as humanly possible to the hook. When you do this you have no terror radius whatsoever, even on Victor, which means BT won't activate (Unless Victor shrieks count). Once you change to Victor, all you do is run around and wait, if a healthy survivor comes, you pounce and they cannot save or escape, if a injured survivor comes, they get downed. Once you down or pounce a survivor, you can either slug them (if they were already injured) or use Charlotte and chase them. On top of that, there is a bug that allows Charlotte to unbind Victor on stairs (sometimes you may fall through the stairs though), which means you can put Charlotte on the basement stairs and essentially block the survivors while you destroy them with Victor. Another tip is that if you place one of the two by a hook before you hook someone on said hook, you can literally facecamp them without even being there! So that's basically why I think the Twins are busted when camping. I'd love to hear your opinions on this!

EDIT: I was actually wrong and survivors with Victor on their back can still unhook. Although if you placed Charlotte near a hook, you can still most likely trade hooks.

Comments

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

I think switch times plus the slow down when switching are too detrimental to be better than bubba at face camping. They would at most be equivalent to any other killer facecamping. Maybe a little worse since Viktor isn't too hard to Juke or you might result just kick him.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356
    edited November 2020

I mean it's good that you can't switch between them or release victor when too close to a hook, but it's true there is some camping potential with them. Still not even nearly as good as Leatherface in my opinion, since when he decides to camp, he can make sure no one can rescue the hooked survivor.

It would be nice if Victor was forced back to Charlotte if a survivor is hooked too close to him though, in addition of course to certain buffs the twins need as well.

There is some transition time when switching from Victor back to Charlotte, which is very good though. Not sure if there is much else the devs could do though, but at the very least they could force Victor back to Charlotte when too close to a hook that a surivor gets hooked on.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

No killer will be better at camping than bubba. That's why he is so scary to me, always has been. Any down could be your last.

• Name123

To me the following makes sense: Bubba has been around for more than a year and literally the whole playerbase knows that Bubba can destroy in the basement. Also, since I'm judging this with no perks, so Bubba cannot have Insidious which means people would know if he is in the basement whereas the Twins don't have a terror radius assuming you are playing as Victor. Since there isn't a terror radius, a survivor would most likely be caught off guard.

• Name123

Well once one person is getting camped, no sane person will go in without good perks, especially if they know you are in there. Since the Twins don't have a terror radius, you won't use BT and you could get caught off guard.

• DaKnight

Bubba can cut straight through BT if someone saves in your face, assuming they can even get to the hook without being instadowned. He can bring stealth perks like insidious or trail of torment. Freddy ignores BT while camping as well. And that's for face camping.

For proxy camping Bubba is still god tier, and the hag is probably the best for it.

• Name123

I was judging this without perks. If we included perks, Bubba is the king of the basement.

• DaKnight

But even without perks, if someone saves in your face, even a base kit bubba saw will be able to hit them, trigger BT, then catch up and hit them again; while also downing the savior. He completely ignores BT if someone is coming off the hook in your face.