2.0 Exclusive?!

Options

Honestly, I'd love to see something for everyone who played before 2.0 like a cosmetic as 2.0 is quite a large change to the game and considering we had to deal with boring cosmetics for a whole two years, I think the community would appreciate that c; (for the main characters, claudette, meg, etc).

Comments

• Retr0
    Retr0 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2018
    Options

I think they should give a small little cosmetic item to everyone who tried the PTB

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@Retr0 said:
    I think they should give a small little cosmetic item to everyone who tried the PTB

I think the ability to play the entire new chapter for free as a pretty big gift in itself?

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

@TeambossFloze said:

@Retr0 said:

I think the ability to play the entire new chapter for free as a pretty big gift in itself?

It's not as big as you think, You will have to play for 25-30 hours at least to unlock one character. This will help keep the game alive with a consistent playerbase; Therefore more profit. It's just a different marketing model, as many other games like fortnite do.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

Oh yeah, I forgot we live in a time where gamers expect free exclusives in any game they play.

I for one hate exclusive content. Same with LoL skins. I own a few exclusive ones and unlike other people I wouldnt mind those beeing opened for the public indefinantly.

Exclusive content is the biggest cancer in modern gaming industry in my opinion.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@SoulKey said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Retr0 said:

It's not as big as you think, You will have to play for 25-30 hours at least to unlock one character. This will help keep the game alive with a consistent playerbase; Therefore more profit. It's just a different marketing model, as many other games like fortnite do.

I meant like instead of free exclusive gift you get first hand experience of the new killer, map and survivor on the PTB completely for free. Granted you have to earn it / buy it on the normal build but I think this availability is still pretty big

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2018
    Options

@SoulKey said:

@TeambossFloze said:

@Retr0 said:

Except once Save the World gets released for free in Fortnite, players will realize they could have been farming vBucks in StW and used them in BR the entire time, allowing them to purchase the Battle Passes without spending money. The entire game will stay free. Companies don't make money on players that do this other than their initial purchases, like with Dead by Daylight. If someone played this way in Fortnite, Epic would make 0 money off of them. BHVR makes 0 money off you if you unlock someone through playtime.

This game you still have to purchase. Having "free characters" that can be purchased optionally is a business model like Siege. It combines the traditional unlock through playtime with more modern pay 2 access a lot of games use.