Are flashlights bugged?

Hi, first, I don't if I should put this on Bug report or what but I'll put it here.

So I've been playing today and was with a purple flashlight with green battery and grip. The thing is I used it to blind the killer while grabbing a survivor and the game gave me the points for blinding the killer but still the killer didn't drop the survivor even though he was completely blinded. I thought, well, maybe the game bugged or something. The problem is that I got a flashlight in the next game and blinded the killer while grabbing again and the game gave me the blinded event again but didn't drop the survivor. Can someone explain if this game is absurdly broken or have they changed something?

Thank you.

Comments

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

I've had a few occurrences while playing pig where I picked someone up, had a flashlight in my face and looked like I was blinded, but didn't drop the survivor. I always assumed they just didn't quite get the blind, but maybe it is a bug if it's giving you the points..? Never had it happen while playing any other killer though

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

Its not bugged, pov is different but there working. Just have to learn a new angle every patch.

• lowiq
    lowiq Member Posts: 436

The timing for getting a flashlight save is really small.

You can't stun the killer when they are in animation. So you have to time it perfectly so your flashlight blind goes through once they get out of animation.

Too early and they are still in animation and don't get stunned. Too late and they turn away and you don't get the blind.

In your case, you're blinding too early.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

You could just be getting the timing wrong. It has a very specific timing to actually flashlight save.