Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why all this hate with ttv survivals

my friend start streaming to get the twitch shirt, so i tell him to put the stream as name

AND WE LITERALLY PICKED 4 MORIS IN AN ROW

Why all this hate with ttv stremers, Why, what a ttv streamer do to you killers to all this hate

Comments

• LARI
    LARI Member Posts: 66

It's not hate it's just ppl being trolls towards ttv andys. It's just like being "TTV in the name Welp no fun for u" still better than getting ppl in ur chat and them being trolls there

• Kazim
    Kazim Member Posts: 229

Because you as a killer think that you will play as a premade

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236

There was only one time where I got sick of this guy trash talking me, he got killed and his end screen was there, by the time the game finished the guy was STILL talking about me. He just kept going on and on about how I must be autistic and all this other stuff, so I finally sent a chat on his stream and all of a sudden he changed his tune and so did all the people watching.

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173

humiliate? maybe just stop taking everything in a videogame so personally?

• GrisouOats
    GrisouOats Member Posts: 71
    edited April 2021

Most TTV's are ridiculous. When they play killer they tend to tunnel one person and then resume back to playing a normal fair gameplay and then be like "ggs" in the chat... but when they play survivor they SWF and think they're toxic but little did they know they suck and die first when they go solo.

Post edited by GrisouOats on
  • DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Because let's face it, streaming survivor is quite boring. There are 3 ways to solve this problem and 3 ways only:

-Be extremely sweaty and entitled to keep viewers engaged so they can see your reactions to certain things

-Be really funny

-Be extremely toxic, because it's more fun to watch

Most people who play dbd aren't that funny, so that leaves those two options, neither of which is good for the killer.

• LegioPotatica
    LegioPotatica Member Posts: 50

Just tell your bud to go incognito, or at least drop the ttv part of his name. I'm sure your buddy is a nice enough guy but a majority of streamers have created an oft-confirmed expectation of toxicity and generally being a C U Next Tuesday about everything.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Cuz some people are morons

I also have some ttv friends and they also get bullied constantly by killers (facecamp, mori,ect). What I've learned from them is that people want to be mean to streamers so they can get recognition on the stream, even tho most of the times they do not get any recognition whatsoever.

So the logical conclusion is: some people are morons

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited November 2020

Like I said "killers just wanting to have fun", It's not really "fun" to go into any multiplayer game where your opponents primary goal is to bully you. It's not about taking it personally, its about how they are trying to purposely ruin your chance at having any fun, and the fact that they are live streaming their match against you to all of their followers, bringing in a band of their cronies to aid them, and trash talking you the whole time they do it, amounts to semi-public humiliation. Whether you witness the stream of your match against them or not, the fact remains: it is happening, people are watching it for entertainment, and there's nothing you can do about that.

Against normal "non-streamer" opponents in this game, be they swf or not, at least their goals are to try to win while having fun. Whereas Live Streamers have a different definition of "fun" that involves proving they are "gods" to their followers by utterly destroying the competition while going out of their way to abuse every advantage they have via voice comms, stream sniping against fellow streamers, and using every high powered tool the game gives them, all while bragging about it. These opponents are a very different animal, whose sole goal is to create "good content" for their stream, and whose ego's are stroked by their followers no matter how nasty or toxic they're to those they play with or against.

Be honest with yourself. When faced with this kind of opponent, are you just gonna lie down and take it because "it's just a game" and doesn't matter? Or are you going to at least try to turn their attempt at ruining your fun around by "humbling" their ego a bit?

If you're going into a match where you know for a fact your opponent will purposely try to ruin your fun, and aren't going to hold back while doing so, then why should you?

Post edited by TWiXT on