Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Wraith daily

The_Bootie_Gorgon
The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

Had a Wraith daily and now I'm curious...

@Boss

I believe you are a Wraith Main. What is your go to build for Wraith? What is your go to clothing for Wraith?

People who are notBoss, feel free to give your input...

Comments

• tonyischill
    tonyischill Member Posts: 53

I use BBQ, Ruin, Enduring, and Whispers/Spirit Fury

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Nurses calling/sloppy butcher does really well on wraith.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

That's the cosmetic I have for Wraith. I love it <3 One of the best they've made

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

This is the Wraith build I use when I'm in the mood to play Wraith. You can use any add on but you have to use "The Beast" - Soot when playing my way.

I run across the map at HIHG SUPEEDS and thanks to Distressing I'm both invisible and everywhere at once. This confuses the survivor. I hear the terror radius but no killer!

Bing bong! Hi there! If there's always a terror radius, there is no terror radius! You can't hide! You can't heal! You can't even crawl into dark grass to hide! Zoom!

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Lol I love this. I have done similar builds. Even with that Clown healing slow down perk.

• Heartbound

A lot of times I'll have one survivor hooked and I'll down another survivor I find. When I pick up the second survivor the free survivors will unhook and heal the hooked survivor so I just...don't sometimes. To the point where Deerstalker helps since I can't be bothered to keep track of slugs.

It's probably not a popular opinion but I think having one survivor hooked and one slugged and starting another chase with one of the remaining survivors puts more pressure on survivors than hooking them both. I have no data to back that up but that's how I feel.

F E E L I N G S

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Pop/Corrupt, BBQ, Enduring, Nurse's/Spirit Fury with Windstorm and the 2nd add-on is entirely up to you. Swift hunt and bone clapper are 2 I'd probably go for. If I'm using pop I'll sometimes use green shadow dance to cut some time out of kicking gens, because kicking gens is usually a waste of time otherwise, but Wraith can actually use pop well with shadow dance. You can run up to a gen while cloaked, kick it and be right on a survivor pretty quickly without much time lost.

I almost always run endfury because as Wraith I'd like to not care about pallets as much as possible so my playstyle mainly consists of getting a quick first hit, instantly recloaking, following the survivor to a loop and trying to get them to camp a pallet. Then I uncloak and windstorm lunge my face into it and since I have enduring it really doesn't matter if I get stunned. On bigger loops you kinda have to play them normally because you can't really use his lunge on jungle gyms that well.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

That's actually not a terrible idea for a Wraith build, but one thing: Why bloodhound?! Everything else in your build is literally screaming at you to run coulrophobia! Bloodhound is literally not even a perk it does nothing (Maybe that's the point and this is a meme but I don't get it).

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Out of not yet mentioned perks, wraith is an awesome killer to run stbfl on. Tremors+pgtw is also fine; ruin/undying can be used as a substitute.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Lol, it's awesome you want me specifically.

My go-to Perks are: Barbecue & Chili, Make Your Choice, Pop Goes The Weasel, Enduring.

• Barbecue & Chili to go to my next victim immediately.
    • Make Your Choice cause it's just ######### good on this guy.
    • Pop Goes The Weasel for a nice set-back on dem Gens.
    • Enduring because of my personal hatred of stuns in videogames.

Also note that i don't like using Obsession Perks, any Hex Perk other than Hex: Devour Hope & any Perks that only work early-game or late-game.

My go-to Add-ons will sound really weird to you and everyone else: I always equip the Add-ons that i have the most of, excluding "The Beast" - Soot & "The Serpent" - Soot.

But that's not really helpful, so i'll tell you what i'd equip if i had infinite Add-ons: "Windstorm" - Blood/White/Mud & either "All Seeing" - Blood or Coxcombed Clapper.

• "Windstorms" are way too good to pass up, and while 2 "Windstorms" is also awesome, it ruins your super-lunge, and that super-lunge has given me so many hits i wouldn't land otherwise, so i still want it.
    • "All Seeing" - Blood for Auras near Generators, finding random Survivors every now and then, and can even help me get hits during small/medium loops.
    • Coxcombed Clapper really shines with "The Ghost" - Soot for dem cool grabs, but it can get them on its own as well, it just requires more tight timing. It's also just good in general for uncloaking behind cover near a repairing Survivor, whether you want a grab or not, because they won't run away immediately.

All Swift Hunts, Blinks, Blind Warriors & The Hound are too weak, in comparison at least.

The Beast is detrimental, and Terror Radius builds can be fun, but often don't work out.

The Serpent is way too gimmicky.

Bone Clapper is a great Add-on, but only really shines when combined with The Ghost.

The Ghost is a great Add-on, but only really shines when combined with Bone Clapper or Coxcombed Clapper.

Shadow Dances are extremely fun for anti-Pallet builds, but you'll feel its limitation very quickly.

"All Seeing" - Spirit is pretty good, and way better than Legion's version, but when you kinda know how Survivors think...Ehh, i still feel like it's not worth its Ultra Rare rank.

My go-to Offering is BP ones, cause of course.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

my go to build was:

Pop, BBQ, Sloppy, Nurses. It's the default meta build i think but you can switch out Pop& BBQ for Ruin+Undying. Sloppy and Nurses is godlike on him since you don't want to chase but inflict surprise attacks and be unpredictable.

After i got bored with this build i switched things a little bit. @Boss mentioned MYC back then in a thread and i first hated it and never used it again but now i have to admit that it can be very powerful especially against aggressive, careless survivors and with the right add ons (All Seeing Blood). Sometimes you don't get much value out of it tho, but in some matches i got up to 4 insta downs which puts so much pressure on survivors. But you have to adjust your playstyle a bit.

Enduring+Spirit Fury can be great but some better survivors will just throw pallets early. But it's good if you want to play him more chase-oriented.

I'm All Ears is also a good chase perk on him.

Brutal Strength has nearly no noticeable effect for me, wouldn't recommend.

Save the Best for Last is also a good choice but i find it too stressful to take care about who i chase to not lose stacks. But definitely got some downs because of this perk when i used it.

I want to try out Forced Penance and Mindbreaker on him soon.

Add-on wise, the best were already named. Windstorms, All Seeings and the 2 clapper ones are his best. The yellow clapper is even better than the other one because you can annoy survivors and make them leave gens. The green Blind Warrior add on is also a good choice if you want to switch out Sloppy. Swift Hunt only works if you combine the purple and green one, than you have a noticeable effect but singly they're weak. Use double Shadowdance with Brutal Strength or single Shadowdance and Serpent for de memes.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Oh crap, i forgot my outfit.

An older photo, but it still applies.

Currently, i'm still in a phase of liking the flaming Wraith outfit cause it's new, but once i'm used to that outfit existing, i'll probably go back to the one in the picture.

A nice mix of black, white and blue, and i think these 2 pieces are some of the very few top & bottom cosmetics that actually fit together nicely for Wraith.

And just a big ######### you blade always works for me.

Also, one thing i noticed only recently: The chains actually make noise.

Making even more noise as a stealth Killer is obviously not so good, but idc, i like the outfit too much.

• Heartbound

I don't usually like to share my secrets publicly since people start building counters for it if things get out of hand but I'll make an exception this time for fun.

Bloodhound is a counter to Iron Will. Wraith when cloaked has bloodhound kind of built in so when you uncloak veteran players know on outdoor maps they're usually safe so if you're chasing someone they'll maneuver to get away. Normally this works but Bloodhound draws a big red line to them and I can just bop them and secure a quick down. (Everyone should be injured. Don't chase with zoomie bing bong.)

I mean if they have No Mither and don't drop blood I kinda lose to chad builds like that anyway but Iron Will is popular and people don't pay attention to their blood, ever. Of course if they do try to self care I have nurses and I'm running around really fast.