Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The 2k! W, L, D or T?

Tubby_Squirrel
Tubby_Squirrel Member Posts: 245
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

So how do you call a 2k? Did the killer win because he did his job and 'killed' 2 people?

Did the survivors win since the killer did not get most of the team? Maybe the killer lose and survivors just didn't win. They did not loose they just didn't win?

IMO if the two that got away were highly pressured its a tie, and if they just stealthed the whole game and didn't help its a draw. (Defining 'draw' as both sides loose and 'tie' as both sides win)

Even the 'win' condition is asymmetric! Which is really great and can make the game feel even more like a slasher film! Like did the people alive at the end 'win' even if they were injured badly or lost their friends? Most scary movies leave it with that since if 'temporary saftey but loss, also the threat is not really defeated. The 2k captures that well.

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I call it perfectly balanced, as all thing should be.

It's actually not - I mean, you can get a 2k with facecamp-into-noed. But in general that is the optimal goal of all trials.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

it depends on the map, skill of the survivors, and their perks

if they all have meta perks and its a survivor sided map, i think its a win

if they have one its a tie

if neither its a loss

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Basically for me 3-4 kills is a win, 0-1 kills is a loss and 2 is a tie with the scores being the tie breaker. (It’s not worth my time slugging for the 4k and if the last survivor gets out the hatch and barely beats me on score so be it, it’s a marginal win. If they escape by hatch and I still outscore them it’s just more decisive.) I couldn’t care less about pips.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

8 hooks is a tie for me 9-12 hooks is a dub.

You can pretty much guarantee a 2k with a camping LeatherFace, and I wouldn't consider getting 2 kills with 2 hooks a tie.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Everyone has a different meaning to "winning", "losing", "tying", "a draw"

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited November 2020

For me it depends:

I had a game on handond field against 3 DS/unbreakable with a flashlight and 3 medkits with horrible gen spawns making any 3 gen set up impossible.

I got a 2k that game so I considered it a win and the survivors lost their minds that 2 of them somehow died with all that with no tunneling or camping.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

The game is being balanced on 2k2e. The balance condition is by definition the point where neither side won or lose. So, it's a tie/draw.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

L, but like, a super close one that I probably had a great time playing out

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

You're thinking about i tthe wrong way.

As killer I win every game as those who survive do so by my choosing.

I killed the one guy I decided should die and the rest lived or I killed everyone because they all deserved to die. Every outcome is the result of my choice to let you live or die.

Sure I'll still scare, chase and hit you but that's because I'm a monster who's out to hunt you, whether or not you die as a result is up to me.

So I always win no matter how many K's :)

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

A tie.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Loss. It's almost always a de-pip.

This is just for me personally tho.

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868

That's not true, and everyone know it. The game is balanced on 3k, and killers complaint when in a match they can't do 4k

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Looking at kills for win rate isn't that good

If you got one kill throughout the match and then camped someone at end game getting only 4 hooks in total you can hardly call that a win or even a tie

And if you 2 hook everybody but only 1 person dies you can't really call that a loss too

I honestly look at bp and pips, way more enjoyable. If all 4 escape but i pipped and everyone had a ton of bp it was a good match.

Looking at kills for winning is a good way to kill your enjoyment of the game, just don't

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Its a loss for 3 of 5 people involved. Unless it was an swf, then 4 people "won" while 1 lost.

• praxZ
    praxZ Member Posts: 8

A match where 2 dead-on-hook survivors escaped with a key despite creating a 3 gen situation, turning your 4k into a 2k just because of it? Win.

A match where you got looped for 5 gens but then hooked 2 survivors in the basement through NOED, which spawned right above it? Loss.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

It depends, and not just because the of the emblem system.

A hard fought 2k or dying after feeling like I did a lot for the team feels better than an easy escape or seal-clubbing 4k to me.

But if we just focus on kills I pretty much still have a system inspired by the old killer "cube" ranking system in my head. 0-1 = loss, 2 = draw, 3-4 = win. And I'm by no means implying the emblem system always supports this mindset, but if we're just looking at kills that's my view anyway.

• frysauce01
    frysauce01 Member Posts: 30

Perhaps you can take the Dungeons and Dragons approach to Win/loss: if you had fun, it's a win!

Or, there's always the DbD approach: if you were able to make it so the other side didn't have any fun, it's a win. ;D

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

To me. A loss is when at least 3 survivors make it out. I've lost me gens, they've got their gate and got out.

2 is a draw and usually a decent length 2K is a safety pip so it makes sense to me.

A hatch escape or a 4K is a win because the survivors didn't get their gens done.

• WhyDecide
    WhyDecide Member Posts: 20

I have a survival rate of abou 1 to 6, aka i survive about every 6th game (i don't count rank reset games, and games with a higher rank disparity than 6), and yet i think that my win rate as a survivor is about 50%

Surviving is basically only matchmaking RNG, so i (and many others) have different ideas of what a survivor win is

If i loop the killer for 5 gens, and he gets me with noed, and than facecamps me, than i see it as a win

If i play with urban evasion, and only be braindead, aka crouch around the outer parts of the map, never touch a gen, never get chased, but escape through hatch, than its not a win for me

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

These days I'd say Survivors consider it a loss if all 4 don't escape, considering the amount of suicidal altruism I see in every phase of the game.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

i look at winning as having at least 2 kills and 8 hooks. going by kills alone is dumb because a ton of things can lead to you "winning" by having 3 or 4 kills

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Ever had one of those 8 hooks but no kills matches? Entity displeased my ass.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Killers that play to win will expect nothing less than a 4K. All other killers win if they enjoyed playing and the people they played with weren't ruining their experience.

For me as survivors I feel loss when someone gets tunnelled out and if I also die or leave anyone to die afterwards resulting in a 2K then that is an L but other than that 4KS are really the only win in the people that want wins mindset.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited November 2020

you bet and a lot of the time it was already a frustrating match.

• RottingAlien
    RottingAlien Member Posts: 11

Tie

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Hey man enjoyment is all about mental attitude if people get pissy about loss then change your perspective.

I don't care either way but here I have given folks a head cannon option so they always feel like its a win.

This game is fun and most of the time a positive experience, but with all online gaming it can be a toxic ######### storm, just look at all the negativity on the forums alone. How many times have you been gossly abused by random arseholes in endgame chat. I've lost count.

The original post was aking how do you value a 2k is it a win loss or something else.

I say every game is a win because as killer I am dictating the game, 0k 1k 2k 3k 4k I win :)

Because in the end it doesn't matter its an online game against random strangers, they could just as well be bots really so just play and have fun and to hell with the rest of it.

• cheezjtz
    cheezjtz Member Posts: 52

in won as soon as i piped up or got a challenge done LMAO

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

If I'm a killer, 2k is a loss. All of my worst games end in me losing control and only getting 2 kills at the end, it's not a satisfactory match.

• Gravnos
    Gravnos Member Posts: 105
    edited November 2020

Personally I go by hooks. I could just facecamp and have boring games with easy 2k , I'd rather get a ton of hooks even if all the survivors actually escape. I try not to let survivors fall from first stage to second because it's just so boring.

0-3 Hooks = big defeat

4-8 = Tie

9-12 hooks= win.

I'd rather hook everyone just once for 4 hooks than just facecamp to get two killed. This is a big part of why I've stopped playing DBD though, there's no clear condition of a win and if I want to win in the traditional sense I'd just bring ebony Mori and NOED ect every game but I kinda hate all that.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
  • Jennixya
    Jennixya Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2020

2 kills is considered to be a win for killer by the devs, and that's what I think too (at least, 2k while I get 8 or more hooks). 4k is not intended to be achieved each game (and that's the biggest problem with most killer mains as they absolutely want 4k no matter what. That's why we see so much tunnel, camping, mori first hooks, etc)

From the survivor perspective, I personally think I won when I've done great actions in the game (avoiding mates to be hooked or chased longer etc) and if at least 2 survivors escape, even if I died (and even better when I died to save multiple survivors)

People REALLY need to stop thinking a win is killing everyone while using the nastier gameplay or escaping while urban evading during 5 gens.

EDIT : Also there's no Tie in my opinion, as the win or lose experience is individual.

Both parts can win (killer get 8+ hooks and killed 2, or even kill everybody, at the same time survivors played great and got really good actions and teamplay even if no one escaped)

Or both can lose (the killer did poorly and hooked almost nobody and at the same time survivors get an easy escape while not even trying, no good actions as they don't have the opportunity to do it)

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

| ||

|| |_

• bjorksnas
  • Jennixya
    edited November 2020
  • bjorksnas

it has meaning, if you don't understand it google is your friend

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Depend the player for me its a lose.

0k lose

1k lose

2k lose

3k last one doors escape lose

3k last one hatch escape tie

4k win

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

I propose an alternate path where the three top scoring players of the round should be the ones rewarded, as they actually got things done.

• Jennixya

Sometimes you just run the whole game just because the killer can't get you or tunnel you to death while everyone done gens. And you're the one getting the least points because you can't get more than 8k BP while only running.

I don't think points are revelant

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I think it totally depends on each individual's performance. If you struggled to escape the killer and just got away through hatch, I would consider it as a loss. From killer side, if that one is the only one escaping, I would regard it as a "get you next time, yellow-belly" -ish cliffhanger.

If you manage to run the killer for 5 gens, get hit by NOED and the team doesn't manage to rescue you and open gates in time, I would regard it as a win for that survivor and even a loss with a 4k for the killer, if he did not get more than 3 hooks until endgame. The score looks different, but if you win a soccer game 3:2 by 3 own goals, I wouldn't feel very confident with that.

If you beat the S* out of the team and slug them twice due to bad plays and they get up twice with Unbreakable, hit you with multiple DS and BT and get 0 kills with 8 hooks while the gens got done with Prove Thyself and 3 BNPs, then I would feel robbed in the first place, but also know that they won't get that lucky the next time

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

2k is a loss in my opinion because those two survivors who escaped don't see it as a tie or a loss for them, they see it as they won.

• Jennixya

As I said earlier, I do think both parts can win or lose at the same time, as the conditions for a win or loss are differents for survivors and killer.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

Okay ill take it further. You can 2k and still not pip as killer. Those two survivors who escaped can still pip. Still a lose / lose scenario for killer. If you personally view that as a tie thats fine, I'm just saying for myself, its 4k otherwise its a loss.

• Totally depends on the round- if you're up against a swf sweat squad who manage to pop off 2 gens and your totem in the first 30 seconds, 2k is a W I N

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Big L

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

This is the first time Ive ever heard someone claim theres any difference in the words "tie" and "draw". Feel like someone needs to make a meme on this with the "Did you win son?" format.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Wins and losses are determined by the individuals. A survivor could die and consider it a win because they pipped, got a bunch of bp, or helped with getting the other survivors out. Some killers define a win as a 3-4k or a merciless. Otzdarva and ScottJund consider one person escaping as a loss.

Other than an entity displeased the winner or loser isn’t outright told to us.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited November 2020

2k means 2 survivors escaped the trial. 2 survivors completed their objective of escaping, which means you failed in your objective of killing all survivors so that's a loss. There's no tie in a game like DbD imo, you either win or lose as killer, there's no in-between. The only exception would be if 1 survivor escaped via hatch at the end. But if 2 or more escaped through the hatch, or 1 or more escaped via the gates, that's an L.