Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

anyone else had this problem? if so please help

so ive been trying all day on and of to play but i keep getting an initialation error and says try to restart the game i did but its not helping any info would be great im on xbox

Comments

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited September 2018

edit - Also I'm blind and didn't see the xbox bit. Most likely the servers like MegaWaffle said.

snip since I am blind and missed important detail

• deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262

@Dustin said:
    I had a similar issue before the update and while I'll place this as purely a coincidence I had to install a windows 10 update and then re-install Easy Anti Cheat. Afterwards I restarted my computer and my game worked.

Are you getting a message while attempting to launch the game?

no it pops up when i i enter the game like when its loading the main menu

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    so ive been trying all day on and of to play but i keep getting an initialation error and says try to restart the game i did but its not helping any info would be great im on xbox

1: servers are acting up because of the huge influx on players for the new chapter.
    2: DBD team is trying to fix the console servers so they are also acting while this fix is taking place.
    3: DBD server just generally suck at times.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited September 2018

@deadbydaylightfan said:

@Dustin said:
    I had a similar issue before the update and while I'll place this as purely a coincidence I had to install a windows 10 update and then re-install Easy Anti Cheat. Afterwards I restarted my computer and my game worked.

Are you getting a message while attempting to launch the game?

no it pops up when i i enter the game like when its loading the main menu

Oh okay my bad. Only thing I could find regarding that is players would restart steam to fix it. If you've already done that I wouldn't have a clue sorry. Good luck on figuring it out though.

edit - Corrected initial post because I'm blind

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@deadbydaylightfan said:

I am currently having the same problem, Xbox also

• cTrix
    cTrix Member Posts: 122

I'm getting this on PC too but it goes back to the press start screen and I just mash start/spacebar until it works

• deadbydaylightfan

@IronWolf115 said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

server crash maybe?

• deadbydaylightfan

@cTrix said:
    I'm getting this on PC too but it goes back to the press start screen and I just mash start/spacebar until it works

lol ill try your way then 😆

• IronWolf115

@deadbydaylightfan said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

server crash maybe?

Perhaps so, I have even uninstalled and re-installed the game to no avail.

• deadbydaylightfan

@IronWolf115 said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

server crash maybe?

Perhaps so, I have even uninstalled and re-installed the game to no avail.

yeah isay theyll tweet about it soon if it is the case

• deadbydaylightfan
    cTrix said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

I checked my save data on my Xbox because I was curious why it couldn’t find it and it’s not there wth is going on?
  • deadbydaylightfan
    I hope dead by daylight didn’t wipe my progress
  • Russ76
    Russ76 Member Posts: 306

Pretty sure all saved data is stored on the server side..

• IronWolf115

Hey! Thought I would just let you know that I have managed to log back in so I don't know if it will work for you now.

• deadbydaylightfan

Hey! Thought I would just let you know that I have managed to log back in so I don't know if it will work for you now.

Thanks for letting me know I’ll try to load it up later hope it works now👍